What is going on with US Attorneys in Georgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2019
I do not have an opinion on this, but a question, if somebody on here has more direct information. I read, the US Attorney for Northern Georgia resigned today for "unforeseen circumstances". " U.S. Attorney Byung J. “BJay” Pak resigned his position Monday, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia. " Further down in the article, was this " Monday’s announcement came less than a month after the top prosecutor for the U.S. District Court in Middle Georgia announced his resignation." " U.S. Attorney Charles E. “Charlie” Peeler, who was also appointed in 2017 by Trump, resigned Dec. 11. Peter D. Leary currently serves as the Acting U.S. Attorney for Middle Georgia."
There is a lot going on down there with the elections, unproven accusations, trump calling for resignations of republican governor and secretary of state, but I have heard nothing about attacks on these two trump appointees.
Any of you Georgians or anybody else got info or a theory?

Perhaps this is relevant/true?

Trump-appointed US attorney resigns in Georgia

"ATLANTA (AP) — The top federal prosecutor in Atlanta left his position Monday, a day after an audio recording was made public in which President Donald Trump called him a 'never-Trumper.'

"Byung J. 'BJay' Pak, who was appointed by Trump, announced his resignation as U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia in a news release.

"The statement did not say why Pak was leaving or what he plans to do next."

Traditionally, a new Democrat administration fires all of the existing Republican US Attorneys.

They are looking for other opportunities, and some are finding them.

"ATLANTA (AP) — The top federal prosecutor in Atlanta left his position Monday, a day after an audio recording was made public in which President Donald Trump called him a 'never-Trumper.'

"Byung J. 'BJay' Pak, who was appointed by Trump, announced his resignation as U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia in a news release.

I saw where he said a never trumper US Attorney, but wasn't spell out he was talking about his own hand picked and appointed US Attorney. Thanks. Any idea on the other one back on Dec.11?

Very accomplished guy.. Too sharp for a Trumper..

I saw where he said a never trumper US Attorney, but wasn't spell out he was talking about his own hand picked and appointed US Attorney. Thanks. Any idea on the other one back on Dec.11?
Peeler may have economic options many other US Attorneys don't have:

Charles Peeler - Wikipedia
330px-Charles_E._Peeler.jpg

"Originally from Albany, Georgia, he received his Bachelor of Science in biochemistry and molecular biology in 1995 from the University of Georgia and his Juris Doctor, cum laude, in 1999 from the University of Georgia School of Law.[4]

"Before co-founding Flynn Peeler & Phillips in 2005, Peeler was an attorney at King & Spalding. His legal practice focused on complex civil litigation and federal criminal issues.[5][6][7]"

Peeler may have economic options many other US Attorneys don't have:

Charles Peeler - Wikipedia
330px-Charles_E._Peeler.jpg

"Originally from Albany, Georgia, he received his Bachelor of Science in biochemistry and molecular biology in 1995 from the University of Georgia and his Juris Doctor, cum laude, in 1999 from the University of Georgia School of Law.[4]

"Before co-founding Flynn Peeler & Phillips in 2005, Peeler was an attorney at King & Spalding. His legal practice focused on complex civil litigation and federal criminal issues.[5][6][7]"

I do not have an opinion on this, but a question, if somebody on here has more direct information. I read, the US Attorney for Northern Georgia resigned today for "unforeseen circumstances". " U.S. Attorney Byung J. “BJay” Pak resigned his position Monday, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia. "

Perhaps he wants to leave public office and focus on a life of sucking Pak.

I do not have an opinion on this, but a question, if somebody on here has more direct information. I read, the US Attorney for Northern Georgia resigned today for "unforeseen circumstances". " U.S. Attorney Byung J. “BJay” Pak resigned his position Monday, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia. "

Perhaps he wants to leave public office and focus on a life of sucking Pak.

Accomplished guy.. appointed by Trump. His oath comes before his loyalty to Trump so he resigned.

Looked around and read after a couple of response. Peeler is supposed to be pretty sharp had plans and opportunities available. Pak is no slouch. Just seem awfully coincidental down there and within less and a month of each other. I wonder whether trump had asked them to do something they just could not do, that prompted the exits. I read both their statement on leaving. Neither one had the slightest harsh words for trump. Maybe it is like PolishPrince said that it is typical US Attorneys to tinder resignation when their appointing president leave office? Probably nothing. Good luck to them both.

I do not have an opinion on this, but a question, if somebody on here has more direct information. I read, the US Attorney for Northern Georgia resigned today for "unforeseen circumstances". " U.S. Attorney Byung J. “BJay” Pak resigned his position Monday, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia. " Further down in the article, was this " Monday’s announcement came less than a month after the top prosecutor for the U.S. District Court in Middle Georgia announced his resignation." " U.S. Attorney Charles E. “Charlie” Peeler, who was also appointed in 2017 by Trump, resigned Dec. 11. Peter D. Leary currently serves as the Acting U.S. Attorney for Middle Georgia."
There is a lot going on down there with the elections, unproven accusations, trump calling for resignations of republican governor and secretary of state, but I have heard nothing about attacks on these two trump appointees.
Any of you Georgians or anybody else got info or a theory?
Could be Trumpstained. Or who knows what.

Very accomplished guy.. Too sharp for a Trumper..
Bjay may be among Republicans who see Trump as someone willing to destroy his party on the way out of DC. It's beginning to look like Trump will divide the GOP into two warring factions before the '22 midterms?
1a44df91f09896024cf81ffc47ebaa883e778112

Hopefully 4 years of Biden will have a similar effect on Democrats.

Nobody with any integrity wants their career tainted by association with Trump. Not even if its just insinuated by proximity rather than actual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back