Zone1 What Is Christian Nationalism?

Remember Saint dink says the Jefferson and Aquinas worship the same providential, moral creator. And thus Jefferson is a Christian. That is absurd.
No. That's not what I said or believe. I said...

Jefferson believed that the existence of the God of Nature whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator - whose existence and causal relation to the world - is essential to the foundation of natural-rights. Which is why he helped create - along with many of his Christian countrymen - a system which allowed everyone to practice their faith as they saw fit.

Everything was created by the creator
If you want to discover God study what he created.

What Is Christian Nationalism? 240316 {post• 202} Did your version of God Saint Ding, create the mind of Jefferson and the mind of Aquinas?

After applying his faculty of reason, in which he placed much faith, Jefferson found that he had to believe in a creator.

Jefferson believed most aspects of the creator could not be known. He rejected revealed religion because revealed religion suggests a violation of the laws of nature. For revelation or any miracle to occur, the laws of nature would necessarily be broken. Jefferson did not accept this violation of natural laws. He attributed to God only such qualities as reason suggested. "He described God as perfect and good, but otherwise did not attempt an analysis of the nature of God."[14] Also in a letter to Adams, Jefferson said, "Of the nature of this being [God] we know nothing."[15]

Although Jefferson never gave a label to his set of beliefs, they are consistent with the ideas of deism, a general religious orientation developed during the Enlightenment. Jefferson, being a non-sectarian, did not subordinate his beliefs to any label. He once said, "I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever, in religion...or in anything else."[16] Note: In January 2010, David J. Voelker wrote an introductory note for this 1993 essay.

What Is Christian Nationalism? 240316 {post• 202}

And you are trying to convince me there is truth to this:

Jefferson believed - the same as Christians believed -

What Is Christian Nationalism? 240316 {post• 202}

Insert “Catholics” in place of “Christians” anybody and tell me that Saint Ding is not being absurd.

nfbw 240316 Vwicnz00202

Last edited:
And you are trying to convince me there is truth to this:
Yes, because you INTENTIONALLY AND DISHONESTLY cut off the part that explained what they both believed.

Are you ever going to tell me why you believe I am a Christian nationalist? I think you are being very dishonest and should be ashamed of yourself.

Jefferson believed - the same as Christians believed - that the existence of the God of Nature whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator - whose existence and causal relation to the world - is essential to the foundation of natural-rights. Which is why he helped create - along with many of his Christian countrymen - a system which allowed everyone to practice their faith as they saw fit. I can't think of a more Christian thing to do.

Yes, because you INTENTIONALLY AND DISHONESTLY cut off the part that explained what they both believed.

Your boilerplate is absurd.

My response to your boilerplate was in the context of the difference in “action” that is not in common. To say that the two men’s actions are the same because they have the same belief in a universal God “idea” is what is absurd Saint Ding.

Jefferson is a freethinker in 1776 , Had Aquinas lived then, he may have become a freethinker as well. We can never know. But to be the same as Jefferson in 1776 Aquinas must denounce the Catholic Church.

Aquinas believed in and represents the Catholic Church that repressed freedom of conscience where blasphemous rejection of the Holy Book and the Divinity of Jesus Christ and the Priesthood running the commercial and war-making enterprise that was the Catholic Church in cahoots with Europe‘s most Divine Families.

Last edited:

My response to your boilerplate was in the context of the difference in “action” that is not in common. To say that the two men’s actions are the same because they have the same belief in a universal God idea is what is absurd Saint Ding. Jefferson is a freethinker in 1776 , Had Aquinas lived then he may have become a freethinker as well. We can never know. But to be the same as Jefferson in 1776 Aquinas must denounce the Catholic Church that repressed freedom of conscience where blasphemous rejection of the Holy Book and the Divinity of Jesus Christ and the Priesthood running the commercial and war-making enterprise that was the Catholic Church in cahoots with Europe‘s most Divine Families.
It's not MY boilerplate.

Last edited:

My response to your boilerplate was in the context of the difference in “action” that is not in common. To say that the two men’s actions are the same because they have the same belief in a universal God “idea” is what is absurd Saint Ding.

Jefferson is a freethinker in 1776 , Had Aquinas lived then, he may have become a freethinker as well. We can never know. But to be the same as Jefferson in 1776 Aquinas must denounce the Catholic Church.

Aquinas represents The Church that repressed freedom of conscience where blasphemous rejection of the Holy Book and the Divinity of Jesus Christ and the Priesthood running the commercial and war-making enterprise that was the Catholic Church in cahoots with Europe‘s most Divine Families.
Are you ever going to tell me why you believe I am a Christian nationalist?

Do I need to start quoting all the times you accused me of being a Christian Nationalist?

You either need to retract that or list why.

Jefferson is a freethinker in 1776

Aquinas believed in and represents the Catholic Church that repressed freedom of conscience

Jefferson’s freethinking led him to the point of rejecting the corruption of Aquinas and his Catholic Doctrine that belief in the Divinity of Christ was one of many necessary requirements for the undereducated masses to be kept in line for a “civilized” operation of a national state to continue to exist under God’s protection.

Do agree or disagree with any of the above?

Jefferson’s freethinking led him to the point of rejecting the corruption of Aquinas and his Catholic Doctrine that belief in the Divinity of Christ was one of many necessary requirements for the undereducated masses to be kept in line for a “civilized” operation of a national state to continue to exist under God’s protection.

Do agree or disagree with any of the above?
I'm just going to keep repeating the factual statement with supporting documentation to counter you innuendo and rhetoric.

Jefferson believed that the existence of the God of Nature whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator - whose existence and causal relation to the world - is essential to the foundation of natural-rights. Which is why he helped create - along with many of his Christian countrymen - a system which allowed everyone to practice their faith as they saw fit.

Thomas Jefferson, Nature’s God, and the Theological Foundations of Natural-Rights Republicanism (Chapter 3) - The Classical and Christian Origins of American Politics

https://www.jstor.org/stable/25716882?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

https://scholarlycommons.law.wlu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3506&context=wlulr#:~:text=He once wrote: "The true,be limited without being lost."

NotfooledbyW

Do I need to start quoting all the times you accused me of being a Christian Nationalist?

You either need to retract that or list why.

So you think think there is a CREDIBLE "Christian Nationalist" movement in the U.S.?
Fair point. It is lacking credibility, isn't it?

“We need to be the party of nationalism and I’m a Christian, and I say it proudly, we should be Christian nationalists,” Greene said in an interview while attending the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit in Florida on Saturday.

Like the Putnams, that sort of American Christian Patriot?
George Washington responds...

“Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports...In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens...”

“…And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion...reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.”

George Washington, Farewell Address, Sept 17, 1796,
The Will of the People: Readings in American Democracy (Chicago: Great Books Foundation, 2001), 38.

Fair point. It is lacking credibility, isn't it?

“We need to be the party of nationalism and I’m a Christian, and I say it proudly, we should be Christian nationalists,” Greene said in an interview while attending the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit in Florida on Saturday.
That would depend on how you choose to measure it, right?

For instance, one measure of credibility would be how widespread the following is relative to the size of the overall pool of Christians, right?

Respondents also associate Christian nationalism with particular groups and public figures. Those mentioned include: conservatives and the right wing, evangelicals, fundamentalist Christians, Republicans, former President Donald Trump and the “MAGA cult,” and Southerners. A handful of respondents also suggest that Christian nationalism is a newly emerging party or group of its own.

Christian nationalists believe that America is Christian and Trump is their best hope to keep it that way

If anyone thought that Christian nationalism would decline with President Donald Trump out of power, they were mistaken. Christian nationalists believe, in general, that America is Christian, that the government should keep it that way, and that Trump was —and is— their best hope to accomplish that.
This movement of ultra-conservative, politicized churches is apparently on the march, though there are no firm numbers because the congregations are mostly nondenominational. The belief system provides a godly underpinning for right-wing activism in venues like school-board elections, anti-vaccine protests, and the Jan. 6 attack on the capitol.
"This is a spiritual battle. It's good versus evil," says congregant Jim Willis, after the service. He's a 72-year-old retired army colonel and software salesman, who wears on his lapel an American flag inside of a Christian cross. "And, unfortunately, evil has taken charge."
NPR

ding said: “We phrased it exactly as it was. Judaeo Christian values informed colonial American values.”

Were those colonial Christian values of favorable priority to white, male and Protestant colonists Saint Ding?

Did “colonial Christian values” require belief in the Divinity of Jesus Christ?

all in the name of religion.

Which side are you on Saint Ding? Trump Voters or Biden Voters

The Freedom From Religion Foundation is part of a large-scale coalition that is urging President Biden not to include an anti-abortion amendment in his 2025 budget.

The Weldon Amendment, which the National Women’s Law Center terms a “poison bill rider,” would allow health care providers to refuse to cover, provide or refer patients for abortion health care based on religious or moral grounds. It has also been used to intimidate states that are working to protect abortion rights by threatening their health care funding, all in the name of religion.

The Weldon Amendment has been attached to the Hyde Amendment — which itself notoriously has been barring federal abortion care funding for years — in the annual Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies funding bill. The House and Senate made history in 2022 and 2023 when they sought to remove the harmful amendments from their appropriations bills. Both the Bush and Trump administrations used the Weldon Amendment to pass refusal-of-care laws that allowed health care providers to deny patients treatment they morally opposed, including information about pregnancy options, emergency contraceptives and gender-affirming

Forum List

Back