What is a “well-regulated militia” and why are we so sure it refers to everyone?

The people in the context of a militia. Duh.
Reading comprehension and syntax isnot your strength:

2nd-Amendment-Breakfast.jpg

The people have the right to food, but only in the context of a balanced diet, right?

:laughing0301:

No it does not it simple provides one of any number of reasons. the militia part does not limit nor restrict the right of the people,
Exactly!! As I repeated to these idiots, there can be no militia without a populace with the right to bear arms. These lefties have a penchant for reversing meanings.

In the case of a tyrannical government, where the owning and bearing of arms is prohibited, citizens are not going to ask that government for arms to form a militia against that same government.

Again THERE IS NO MILITIA WITHOUT AN ALREADY ARMED CITIZENRY. That armed citizenry has to have the RIGHT to own and bear arms. What about that is so hard to understand?
They could only be armed in the context of forming a militia. As I’ve stated before, your interpretation could be correct. I’m simply pointing out how vague this amendment is. Of course if your interpretation is correct, what would make it legal for citizens to form a militia? Why would they do it? I mean insurrection is definitely illegal.

They could only be armed in the context of forming a militia. As I’ve stated before, your interpretation could be correct. I’m simply pointing out how vague this amendment is. Of course if your interpretation is correct, what would make it legal for citizens to form a militia? Why would they do it? I mean insurrection is definitely illegal.
Not vague at all to anyone with at least a double digit IQ.

This explains why you are baffled by this clear and concise language "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

NO!!! Who the heck is going to arm them? Think of the Revolutionary War, do you think England would have armed the colonists?

NO!!! Who the heck is going to arm them? Think of the Revolutionary War, do you think England would have armed the colonists?
What options did they have at that specific time? You didn’t answer my question though. What would the militia be used for?

What options did they have at that specific time? You didn’t answer my question though. What would the militia be used for?
OK, I'll try again......They certainly had no government that could arm them. Everyone already had a gun or rifle. They were armed and were able to form a militia. It is not a militia that grants the right to own and bear arms it is the right to own and bear arms that allows for the formation of a militia.

Forum List

Back