What If Jesus Had Died As An Infant?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad that Herod didn't murder Him as a baby let alone the fact that He was the Son of God, but a helpless little infant at the same time,.. but since Jesus was sinless would we still have our salvation if He died in some other way other than the cross before it was His time to?

Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad that Herod didn't murder Him as a baby let alone the fact that He was the Son of God, but a helpless little infant at the same time,.. but since Jesus was sinless would we still have our salvation if He died in some other way other than the cross before it was His time to?

Why speculate? What's to be gained? Low caliber, possibly heretical conversation for the sake of low caliber, possibly heretical conversation? Standing by to wish The Man happy birthday in twelve days is enough for me. In other news, how's about we speculate on the friendliness of the modern world had Hitler's Third Reich won WW2? Why leave it at that even? Suppose Nietzsche hadn't declared God dead? And what if the Hindenburg had not burned and crashed? Damn, I know, what if gunpowder had never been invented and all the world's armies still cavorted around with spears in hand, grunting at the moon? Ugga Booga?

Im not sure you should take that story so literally. Assuming its true, there is very little chance that what was written, and rewritten, and rewritten, then picked out of a bunch of written stories as the favorite version of that story by a group of men, who then put it in the bible, which was eventually translated it into multiple new languages from an ancient language, is accurate.

Last edited:
There were other prophets preaching monotheism with a dash of second hand Buddhism around at the time. It's quite possible any of them could have become the basis of a new evangelical faith within the Roman empire.

People put God on trial every day. He just beat them to the punch by putting himself on trial.

Yeah,.. but I don't think that asking a simple question is putting Him on trial. However, I don't think that's what you're getting at either.

Josephus in his biography of king Herad made no mention of any slaughter of infants. So did it really happen?

Josephus in his biography of king Herad made no mention of any slaughter of infants. So did it really happen?

According to our Bible I think so. Mary and Joseph and Jesus escaped though obviously. I think an angel warned Joseph in a dream.

I wasn't saying you were. I'm saying it was always intended that God would put Himself on trial to testify to the truth and to suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy.

I agree. It happened the way that it was intended to happen, but we must remember that as well as being God Jesus was human and all humans are never promised tomorrow as they could die at any time.

No. Him simply being sinless was not a propitiation--not a redemption. Since God is both perfectly loving AND perfectly just, the penalty for sin had to be paid. Justice is not served if you just wave your hand and say, "nevermind, just forget about it." Humans CAN do that to some extent because we are not perfect. A perfect God cannot. The sin would remain on us.

I like other hypotheticals around Jesus as baby/child. Well not really hypotheticals, just wonderings. He was the only sibling for which other siblings could really say, "I'm so sick of JESUS THIS and JESUS THAT!! He never does anything wrong!" heh

Imagine Mary, raising a baby like that, a child like that, and then along comes all these other assorted humans. With her girlfriends, "Oh my first was a breeze, you know, then came JAMES..." and on and on.

I like other hypotheticals around Jesus as baby/child. Well not really hypotheticals, just wonderings. He was the only sibling for which other siblings could really say, "I'm so sick of JESUS THIS and JESUS THAT!! He never does anything wrong!" heh

Imagine Mary, raising a baby like that, a child like that, and then along comes all these other assorted humans. With her girlfriends, "Oh my first was a breeze, you know, then came JAMES..." and on and on.

James had problems man.

What if pigs had wings?

Jesus was not going to die as an infant. He had an important role to play in God's plan for us, and God's plan cannot be thwarted.

What if pigs had wings?

Then it would be awfully difficult to have pork, ham, and bacon and inflation would be even higher than it is now. XD I know that's not the point you were trying to make, but I was just being silly. :p

You are attempting to "Hypothesize" away the effect that Christ had on humanity by suggesting that the God of Creation failed what had been planned before the world was even created? (1 Peter 1:20, 2 Tim. 1:9) God had planned and established a method for the salvation of man "before time began". We are told that this plan was hidden from mankind for a while until the correct time period when God revealed that plan through the Holy Spirit to the apostles of Christ.

Look around. What was and is the result of God's plan to use the birth, life, death, and resurrection of His only begotten
Son as the ultimate blood sacrifice?

The life of Christ revealed the "sacredness" of all human life. Jesus respected the poor and healed the sick in an age where the poor and the sick were nothing but outcasts of human society. It was the very teaching of Jesus that eventually led to the overthrow of slavery and revealed the truth, "all men are created equal".

Jesus taught us the value of a human soul, "A man's life is not measured in the abundance of his possessions (Luke 12:15). He pointed out that "spiritual wellbeing" is sometimes more important than physical concerns (overcoming many mental hygiene concerns) a method to overcome the many hardships that all mankind faces along this path called life. -- Matt. 6:9-11.

What about women's rights? Until Jesus came to earth women were treated as nothing more than the property of men......Jesus taught, "There is neither male nor female..........." revealing the equality of the genders.

Jesus taught us that salvation was not reserved for just a few supposed superior religions. He taught of the "Good Samaritans" that were sometimes more noble than the supposed exalted Jews. Peter reveals this same truth through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, "Of a truth I perceive, God is no respecter of person: But in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is acceptable to Him." -- Acts 10:34,35

Jesus taught of the Fatherhood of God in the story of the "Prodigal Son" where Jesus pictures Father God as a loving caring Father yearning for the return of wayward mankind to His embrace. (Luke 15)

Jesus established a plan for all mankind to live a righteous life through the revelations found in scripture. It is the perfect standard for man to live by as found in the Sermon on the Mount. If you follow this advise, "Ye therefore shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect," -- Matt. 5:48. Not meaning that we are perfect but when we seek perfection we will engage in righteous living, and when we slip, we have an advocate standing between God and our sins. Jesus the Christ.

Jesus taught that we do not require some 3rd person that requires a confessing of our sins, we can approach the throne of God, "For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities, but one that has in all points been tempted like we are, yet without sin." -- Heb. 4:15. Pointing out that a man that sins himself has no authority to stand as advocate been our sins and God. Only God can forgive sin. (Mark 2:1-11)

Jesus allows us to fear death no more, but to accept our place as is appointed to die but once. "Death is swallowed up in victory. O death! where is thy victory? O death where is thy sting?" -- 1 Cor. 15:44,45

Most importantly, Jesus has taught us of the eternal hope that we can have in our hearts, "Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house there are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you, I come again, and I will receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." -- John 14:1-3

Last edited:
what was the inevitable conclusion for their liberation theology was not for them to have made any more a difference than an earlier untimely death would have made for a message not yet ready to be received, if ever - as they left no physical accounting for their effort.

Forum List

Back