What if Israel Annexes the West Bank and Lets Palestinians Vote

You have not demonstrated that my claims are contradicted by the factual information
Your claim that Israel would be overrun and converted to an Arab Muslim state is absolutely contradicted by the facts presented. If you think it is not, then it is up to you to account for these facts and tell us how a minority would accomplish such a thing.

RE: What if Israel Annexes the West Bank and Lets Palestinians Vote
⁜→ Fort Fun Indiana, et al,

Hummm, I guess you might not.

n 1945, when the original members of the in the Charter and created the Trusteeship, no one envisioned a situation that the Arab Palestinians created.

The trusteeship was created precisely because the Arabs were violently preventing a two State reality. So I don't get your point, here.
(COMMENT)

In 1945, the Leaders of the Greatest Generation could not conceive of a general population that would be satisfied to have a failed state and a dismal human development record for more than four more generations, and working on a fifth.

Where Israel (Ranked 22/189) is in the Top 25 of the Developed Nations of the World, the Arab Palestinians (Ranked 119/189) and are satisfied with that having made no significant development since the creation of the PLO.

Most Respectfully,
R

If the general population of the West Bank, Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip were all to become citizens overnight, the burden placed on Israel would be so great that you risk having two failed states and a very accomplished set of Terrorist Groups unleashed upon the world.
Why would Israel be at risk of becoming a failed state?

Terrorists unleashed on the world? How? What new, magical power or access would they have?

I keep seeing a lot of frightening claims, but I am seeing very little or no evidence presented for them.
You are certainly an ignorant young fellow, aren't you?

Lebanon had a Christian majority when it was established. Look at it now.

You know absolutely nothing, yet wade in and try to intimidate people with your double talk, anyway.
Have you been taking lessons from the person who started this thread as a disingenous attempt at gaining support for the destruction of Israel?

⁜→ Shusha, Fort Fun Indiana, et al,

I have to admit, I did not read her whole book.

But what I want you to think about is WHY the Suadi Arabians kicked-out the Islamic Resistance Movement, or why the Hashemite Kingdom kicked out the PLO in the 1970s; breaking all ties in the late 1980s.

Its a bit bold of you to ignore fully half of my points, and then complain that I haven't made any.
I didn't claim you haven't made any points. You tried a bait and switch, and now you are making up lies. This isn't helping your credibility.

We are still discussing your claim that the Arab Muslims will overrun israel and turn it into an arab muslim State. Considering the factual info presented since you made the claim, I fully understand why you don't want to talk about it anymore. But you will be talking to someone else, then.

Actually, we were discussing a number of different issues, all related. It is your bullying and gaslighting behaviour which has narrowed it down to this singular point. You seem to want to hide behind this in order to avoid the larger questions.

To re-iterate my points, should Israel apply sovereignty to the entire territory:

1. The demographics will immediately change to roughly even numbers of Arabs and Jews.
2. The Arab population growth is expected to be higher than the Jewish population growth.
3. The Arab right of return will significantly change the demographics.
4. Not everyone believes that the Arab population will outgrow the Jewish one.
5. Many who wish to see the elimination of the Israel (the Jewish state) make this argument on these discussion boards because they do believe the Arab population will outgrow the Jewish one and convert Palestine into an Arab Muslim state. They often justify this as the morally correct thing to do. (As JoeB has, and as you seem wont to do).

Now, we can talk about the projected demographics if you want. Its a fascinating discussion. And relevant to this thread. Have you read Caroline's book?

But its also important to discuss what these potential changes MEAN to the Jewish people and, also, to the Arab Palestinians who will lose their chance for an independent state.
(COMMENT)

This is a risk that is for Israel to consider; and for Israelis to decide all on their own.

I don't think that the Israeli's are going to immediately embrace and allow their treasury to bleed when you dump all those unemployed on the Israeli economy...
The Arab Palestinians will be are going to want instant change. There will be friction. There will be generations of displeasure. The hardworking Israels are not going to want to pay for what it is going to cost to bring the Palestinian Infrastructure up to speed. Few Israelis are going to want to pay for the free-loading Arab Palestinians. The employment opportunities are on a very different level than the West Bank and Gaza Strip. There is going to be frustration on both sides.

The police will be happy. Their continued employment will be assured. But what do you do with a market of out-of-work Jihadist, Fedayeen Activist, Hostile Insurgents, Radicalized Islamic Followers, and Asymmetric Fighters? You see them in every march,→ children on bomb vests → entire families. And then there will be those that are living off the terrorist stipen.

Causes of Terrorism.png

There is a "risk." We in America have first-hand knowledge of just what kind of havoc 12 terrorists can do. But we can sit back and watch as several thousand are released into the general population. We can sit back as we watch them get identity and travel documents and new passports → the tools needed to distribute themselves around the Middle East and North Africa.

Do you think for one moment that the fighting stops and the guns are turned-in just because their citizenship changes?

Just wondering.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Damn it! The Memo does not say that at all. And your description here is nowhere near the reality.

Interesting twist here. Britain released its Mandate over Palestine to the United Nations Commission. However, the UN did not accept that transfer. The territory and sovereignty were left to the Palestinians. So the Palestinians declared independence on their own territory inside their own international borders.

I would like to draw your attention to:

CableGram DTD 15 MAY 1948 Addressed to the UN Secretary-General Press Release S/745 15 May 1948 Department of Public Information Press and Publications Bureau
(Note: This was the essentially a notice of First Actor and Aggression)
"On the occasion of the intervention of Arab States in Palestine to restore law and order and to prevent disturbances prevailing in Palestine from spreading into their territories and to check further bloodshed, I have the honour to request your excellency to bring following statement before General Assembly and Security Council."​
Press Release PAL/169 17 May 1948 Department of Public Information • Press and Publications Bureau
During today's brief meeting, Dr. Eduardo Morgan (Panama) said that this resolution of the Assembly merely "relieves responsibility. The Commission has not been dissolved. In fact the resolution of last November 29 has been implemented."​
Press Release PAL/170 17 May 1948 Department of Public Information • Press and Publications Bureau
"The High Commissioner confirms that he had appointed Mr. Evans as Municipal Commissioner for Jerusalem before his departure under the Jerusalem Municipal Government Order of 1948 and he also appointed Mr. Azcarate as Mr. Evans' deputy until his arrival."​

Your response was intentional disinformation, in an attempt to deceive the members of the Discussion Group.

Most Respectfully,
R
Interesting twist here. Britain released its Mandate over Palestine to the United Nations Commission. However, the UN did not accept that transfer. The territory and sovereignty were left to the Palestinians. So the Palestinians declared independence on their own territory inside their own international borders.
What part of my post was incorrect?

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Damn it! The Memo does not say that at all. And your description here is nowhere near the reality.

CableGram DTD 15 MAY 1948 Addressed to the UN Secretary-General Press Release S/745 15 May 1948 Department of Public Information Press and Publications Bureau
"On the occasion of the intervention of Arab States in Palestine to restore law and order and to prevent disturbances prevailing in Palestine from spreading into their territories and to check further bloodshed, I have the honour to request your excellency to bring following statement before General Assembly and Security Council."​
Press Release PAL/169 17 May 1948 Department of Public Information • Press and Publications Bureau
During today's brief meeting, Dr. Eduardo Morgan (Panama) said that this resolution of the Assembly merely "relieves responsibility. The Commission has not been dissolved. In fact the resolution of last November 29 has been implemented."​
Press Release PAL/170 17 May 1948 Department of Public Information • Press and Publications Bureau
"The High Commissioner confirms that he had appointed Mr. Evans as Municipal Commissioner for Jerusalem before his departure under the Jerusalem Municipal Government Order of 1948 and he also appointed Mr. Azcarate as Mr. Evans' deputy until his arrival."​

Your response was intentional disinformation, in an attempt to deceive the members of the Discussion Group.

Most Respectfully,
R

The parts delineated for you.

That is called the Ostrich Effect (bury their head in the sand).

R

That is ONE explanation. There are actually two.

Acting like an ostrich would indicate a person is ignoring reality through stupidity, naivete', lack of knowledge, lack of reason or some combination thereof, and allows for the possibility that the person is acting with sincerity and something other than ill intent.

The more likely explanation, however, is subterfuge and that those who seek to destroy Israel through demographics are doing so with full intent and with full understanding of the outcome.

Considering that some people here have been advocating this for years, and people point out the implications time after time, that removes the possibility of naivete' from the equation and points in an undeniable fashion towards malicious intent.

If anybody is acting like an ostrich here, it is you for giving people the benefit of the doubt time after time after time even though they have proven beyond doubt that they are not naïve, are not particularly stupid and know fully well that what they advocate is nothing less than the destruction of Israel. They do not do this for ANY other state, so logic dictates that their animus towards Jewish people is the driving force in their seeking Israel's destruction.

There is that old adage "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". By assuming people are acting out of naivete' rather than malice, that shame is now upon you, especially considering that you have been fooled thousands of times by now into thinking people are acting in good faith when they most certainly have a malicious agenda, instead.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

I think I copied this somewhere.

I also think that it was a conspiratorial and attempted coordinated attack by the Arab League participants to cross the frontier in military force under the excuse of "restoring law and orders."

BTW, how is restoring law and orders an aggression?
(COMMENT)

Article 5(1) A/RES/29/3314 Definition of Aggression
"No consideration of whatever nature, whether political, economic, military or otherwise, may serve as a justification for aggression."​

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ Fort Fun Indiana, et al,

BLUF: Whether or not the Israeli People want a Jewish State [BTW: That we the terminology and description used by the UN in 1947 • A/RES/181(II) Future of Palestine • Part II Boundaries] is a decision they have to make as a matter of self-determination.

But most people subscribe to the idea that the Arab population will overrun the Jewish one in numbers.
I am arguing that Israel should become a truly secular state with no deference to any religion or its followers. If that means losing the "jewish character" to you, then you are correct.
(REFERENCE)

Article 18 •
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights

1. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This right shall include freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice, and freedom, either individually or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching.

2. No one shall be subject to coercion which would impair his freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice.

3. Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs may be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health, or morals or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.

4. The States Parties to the present Covenant undertake to have respect for the liberty of parents and, when applicable, legal guardians to ensure the religious and moral education of their children in conformity with their own convictions.​

(COMMENT)

My understanding is that the State of Israel does not have laws would impair a citizen's freedom of adopting a religion or belief of his choice. Not does international law have prohibitions against the right of self-determination relative to a religious or a spiritual basis.

(COUNTER-QUESTIONS)

Are you of a mind that opposes the International Covenant?

Why should non-citizens (of Israel) care either way on the people's decision?

It is not our decision to make. And to say that the Israeli decision to have a Jewish State somehow threatens the regional peace and security runs counter to the covenant. The Neighboring Arab League States know the Covenant.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Most Respectfully,
R
Link?

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

I think I copied this somewhere.

I also think that it was a conspiratorial and attempted coordinated attack by the Arab League participants to cross the frontier in military force under the excuse of "restoring law and orders."

BTW, how is restoring law and orders an aggression?
(COMMENT)

Article 5(1) A/RES/29/3314 Definition of Aggression
"No consideration of whatever nature, whether political, economic, military or otherwise, may serve as a justification for aggression."​

Most Respectfully,
R
So you think that defending the Palestinians is aggression?

Interesting concept.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Interesting twist here. Britain released its Mandate over Palestine to the United Nations Commission. However the UN did not accept that transfer. The territory and sovereignty were left to the Palestinians. So the .
(ANSWER to WHAT IS INCORRECT)

◈ "the UN did not accept that transfer."

Article 77 UN Trusteeship • UN Chater

1. The trusteeship system shall apply to such territories in the following categories as may be placed thereunder by means of trusteeship agreements:
a. territories now held under mandate;
Part 1B • A/RES/181 (II) • Steps Preparatory to Independence

A Commission shall be set up consisting of one representative of each of five Member States. The Members represented on the Commission shall be elected by the General Assembly on as broad a basis, geographically and otherwise, as possible.​

A/AC.21/7 29 January 1948 • United Nations Palestine Commission (UNPC) • UN First Monthly Progress Report

As regards the Arab Higher Committee, the following telegraphic response was received by the Secretary-General on 19 January:

• “ARAB HIGHER COMMITTEE IS DETERMINED PERSIST IN REJECTION PARTITION AND IN REFUSAL RECOGNIZE UNO RESOLUTION THIS RESPECT AND ANYTHING DERIVING THEREFROM. FOR THESE REASONS IT IS UNABLE ACCEPT INVITATION”
A/AC.21/SR.44 REPORT BY MR. FEDERSPIEL ON NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE MANDATORY POWER CONCERNING TRANSFER OF ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITY

He observed that Memorandum “A” of the United Kingdom delegation on the Legal Meaning of the “Termination of the Mandate” (Informal Paper UK/42) was satisfactory. It recognized the Commission as the successor Government of Palestine upon the termination of the United Kingdom Mandate after 15 May, its title resting on the resolution of the General Assembly.

◈ "territory and sovereignty were left to the Palestinians"

A/AC.21/SR.44 REPORT BY MR. FEDERSPIEL ON NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE MANDATORY POWER CONCERNING TRANSFER OF ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITY

The point regarding the question of the sovereignty of Palestine he thought to be quite unimportant for the specific task assigned to the Commission. As regards the transfer of the assets of the Government of Palestine, he was informed that the Mandatory Power would deal with it immediately.

◈ "Palestinians declared independence on their own territory inside their own international borders"

A/C.1/330 14 October 1948 All Palestine Government (APG) • Pertaining to the APG Constitution

"Declare Palestine in its entirety and with the Boundaries as established before the termination of the British Mandate an Independent State and Constituted a Government."​

(COMMENT)

The acceptance of the transfer was automatic under the charter. Before the termination of the Mandate, the Jewish People cooperated with the UNPC and the Arab Higher Committee did NOT cooperate.

The Government of Palestine was transferred from the UK to the UNPC, less the territory previously coordinated and assigned as the Jewish State by the name the State of Israel.

The territory formerly under the Mandate for Palestine was not available for the unestablished government. The State of Israel was already established under the right of self-determination by the Jewish People through the emergence of an independent government.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

I did not say that.

Interesting concept.
(COMMENT)

What the issue is:

The territory was either under the administration of the UN through the Trusteeship Program, or under the independent sovereignty of Israel. And attempt to cross out of their sovereignty and into the UN or Israeli controlled territory is unlawful. You see the citations.

What you are advocating is the contradictions to the Civil and Political Right under law that you love to hide behind. You cannot have it both ways. The ◈ International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights ◈ applied equally to all - or it is irrelevant; and none of the Civil and Political Rights are protected by law.

What is it to be?

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Interesting twist here. Britain released its Mandate over Palestine to the United Nations Commission. However the UN did not accept that transfer. The territory and sovereignty were left to the Palestinians. So the .

1. The trusteeship system shall apply to such territories in the following categories as may be placed thereunder by means of trusteeship agreements:

A Commission shall be set up consisting of one representative of each of five Member States. The Members represented on the Commission shall be elected by the General Assembly on as broad a basis, geographically and otherwise, as possible.​
A/AC.21/7 29 January 1948 • United Nations Palestine Commission (UNPC) • UN First Monthly Progress Report

As regards the Arab Higher Committee, the following telegraphic response was received by the Secretary-General on 19 January:

• “ARAB HIGHER COMMITTEE IS DETERMINED PERSIST IN REJECTION PARTITION AND IN REFUSAL RECOGNIZE UNO RESOLUTION THIS RESPECT AND ANYTHING DERIVING THEREFROM. FOR THESE REASONS IT IS UNABLE ACCEPT INVITATION”

He observed that Memorandum “A” of the United Kingdom delegation on the Legal Meaning of the “Termination of the Mandate” (Informal Paper UK/42) was satisfactory. It recognized the Commission as the successor Government of Palestine upon the termination of the United Kingdom Mandate after 15 May, its title resting on the resolution of the General Assembly.

The point regarding the question of the sovereignty of Palestine he thought to be quite unimportant for the specific task assigned to the Commission. As regards the transfer of the assets of the Government of Palestine, he was informed that the Mandatory Power would deal with it immediately.

◈ "Palestinians declared independence on their own territory inside their own international borders"

A/C.1/330 14 October 1948 All Palestine Government (APG) • Pertaining to the APG Constitution

"Declare Palestine in its entirety and with the Boundaries as established before the termination of the British Mandate an Independent State and Constituted a Government."​

(COMMENT)

The acceptance of the transfer was automatic under the charter. Before the termination of the Mandate, the Jewish People cooperated with the UNPC and the Arab Higher Committee did NOT cooperate.

The Government of Palestine was transferred from the UK to the UNPC, less the territory previously coordinated and assigned as the Jewish State by the name the State of Israel.

The territory formerly under the Mandate for Palestine was not available for the unestablished government. The State of Israel was already established under the right of self-determination by the Jewish People through the emergence of an independent government.

Most Respectfully,
R
Show me where Palestine's declaration encroached on Israels defined territory.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

The Hamas Charter.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

I did not say that.

Interesting concept.
(COMMENT)

What the issue is:

The territory was either under the administration of the UN through the Trusteeship Program, or under the independent sovereignty of Israel. And attempt to cross out of their sovereignty and into the UN or Israeli controlled territory is unlawful. You see the citations.

What you are advocating is the contradictions to the Civil and Political Right under law that you love to hide behind. You cannot have it both ways. The ◈ International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights ◈ applied equally to all - or it is irrelevant; and none of the Civil and Political Rights are protected by law.

What is it to be?

Most Respectfully,
R
The territory was either under the administration of the UN through the Trusteeship Program, or under the independent sovereignty of Israel.
Links?

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

For some reason, the Links did not take.

The territory was either under the administration of the UN through the Trusteeship Program, or under the independent sovereignty of Israel.
Links?
(COMMENT)

Take Two:

Part 1B • A/RES/181 (II)

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Oh for heaven sake!

(COMMENT)

Doesn't the damn cablegram say that they want the entirety, And wasn't it the case that Egypt took by force and held the Gaza Strip? And wasn't it the case that the Jordanian came and took the West Bank and portions of Jerusalem? And wasn't it the case that the territory, less that was declared Israel, under UN Trusteeship?

10/14/1948 A/C.1/330 All-Palestine Government - Cablegram from Premier and Acting Foreign Secretary to SecGen

RESOLVED TO DECLARE PALESTINE IN ITS ENTIRETY AND WITHIN ITS BOUNDARIES AS ESTABLISHED BEFORE THE TERMINATION OF THE BRITISH MANDATE AN INDEPENDENT STATE

They (the Arab Palestinians under Egyptian Direction) were set to steal the land, all of it. It was actually the Israeli Defense Force that saved the Middle East from the creation of another slow developing country.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
International pariah? Really? My goodness you know even less about Israel than I thought! The opinion of you and your friends do not represent what most people think.

See above. Around the world, Israel is the world's fourth most hated nation.
Now ask yourself of all the people or countries that voted , how many were Arab/Muslim? Ya, that’s what il I thought ...

Forum List

Back