What Hilary can teach Sarah Palin

don't spain why the democwats treated Hillary like shit,, does it?????

Sorry but if you can't communicate what you are talking about here, there's nothing more to be said. Perhaps, that's the way you like it, just throw out some ad hominem and call it a win?

Willowtree is the board troll. She can't discuss issues, she just shits and then runs.

I'm beginning to see how it works with some of the R posters here.

It's called truth and reality, but I understand why you haven't seemed to recognize it to this point given some of your posting content.

You know, what really gets me is the double standards in play here. Instead of supporting a mother who was angry at someone for attacking her daughter, you crucify her for speaking out against a man who very evidently doesn't care one bit about the lack of integrity that should be enforced when rape jokes are fired at an innocent teenager.

That is not what happened.

It's not? Why because he didn't use the word "rape"? Tell me 666, what DID happen? How does a 33 year old man "knock-up" a 14 year old? By invitation? I know...I know, Letterman wasn't talking about the 14 year old. But that's the problem. He shouldn't be talking about ANY teenager that way. Or is Bristol fair game because she's already had sex? You see, the image that Letterman created is disturbing to some people. It may not bother you, but I'm sure it would if it were your child. Then again...I could be wrong.

Xenophon is right--Palin accomplished more in politics than Hillary.

Now for experience with the Law, Hillary wins. Of course, not all of her experience with the law are good experiences with the law.....

Now for experience with the Law, Hillary wins. Of course, not all of her experience with the law are good experiences with the law.....

You'd have to be a Republican to attempt comparison of Sara Palin's political career, brief and inconsequential to Hillary Clinton's two successful senatorial campaigns and now her job as secretary of state.

Palin should be in a quiet spot studying, reflecting, so that she can safely open her stupid mouth in a couple of years or so without embarrassing herself and everyone around her. She's an opportunist with nothing to back up her claims that she is good enough to be on a presidential ticket even if it was only with John McCain.

You'd have to be a Republican to attempt comparison of Sara Palin's political career, brief and inconsequential to Hillary Clinton's two successful senatorial campaigns and now her job as secretary of state.

Palin should be in a quiet spot studying, reflecting, so that she can safely open her stupid mouth in a couple of years or so without embarrassing herself and everyone around her. She's an opportunist with nothing to back up her claims that she is good enough to be on a presidential ticket even if it was only with John McCain.

certainly being the first lady gave her no advantages; it was all by the sweat of her brow and the power of her ideas.

kinda like her expertise in futures trading.

Being a partisan hack must really pay well. :lol:

certainly being the first lady gave her no advantages; it was all by the sweat of her brow and the power of her ideas.

kinda like her expertise in futures trading.

Well she didn't have expertise in futures but she was a very hard worker and did have big ideas even back then. Bill's a hard worker as well but he wouldh't have made it to the WH without her, imo.

What Hillary Can Teach Sarah Palin - Page 1 - The Daily Beast

A scene at the State Department Friday afternoon is one that the Alaska governor should watch on videotape.

As Sarah Palin’s furious claims of being victimized by David Letterman once again became catnip for cable hosts, a more elevated female narrative was being played out in Washington’s Foggy Bottom. On Friday afternoon, Melanne Verveer, Hillary Clinton’s former East Wing chief of staff and founder of the Vital Voices democracy initiative, was sworn in as ambassador at large for global women's issues by her friend of 25 years, the secretary of State.

Standing in the grand Benjamin Franklin Rooms amidst a sea of some 400 animated guests—most of them unostentatious women of stature and purpose, and many of them mentored at some time or other by Verveer or Hillary—I felt someone should pluck the combustible Alaskan away from whatever rancid talk show she was headed for and make her watch a vignette of what real female power looks like.

Is the secretary of State lugging around a Palin-size grudge about having to play a subservient role to the man who humbled her at the polls?

The scene was a great snapshot of two battle-tested empty nesters, both handsome blown-out blondes in their early 60s, both wearing consummately safe alpha-female pantsuits (Hillary in self-possessed powder blue, her new ambassador in respectful grey), both dedicated policy wonks who worked on behalf of oppressed women in unpronounceable places long before it was fashionable, both mothers (a grandmother in Verveer’s case) with hunky husbands (anchorman-handsome Philip Verveer is a powerful communications lawyer in Washington and soon to be the State Department’s U.S. coordinator for international communications with the rank of ambassador himself). When Melanne raised her hand to take the oath of office, the two women exchanged glances of veiled jubilance.

“There’s so much work to do!” Hillary exclaimed to me in the receiving line, her eyes sparkling at the thought of the impending avalanche of briefing papers heading her way from her new global women’s issues czarina.

Here’s one thing Sarah could learn from Hillary: Cheerfulness is more impressive than resentment. Is the secretary of State lugging around a Palin-size grudge about having to play a subservient role to the man who humbled her at the polls? Doesn’t Clinton have a better reason to resent Obama than Palin has to bang on about Letterman? I mean, if it weren’t for Barack, Hillary would now be president of the United States. How’s that for “hurtful?” Yet the president and his highest-ranking Cabinet officer seem to be getting along like Nick and Nora Charles. Or that‘s how Hillary’s playing it anyhow.

Here’s something Palin could learn from Letterman: Leave the jokes to the comedians. Does anyone believe that Palin really, truly thought Letterman’s sexual joke was about her 14-year-old daughter, Willow, not her 18-year-old, Bristol—who, after all, actually did get knocked up? My reading is she didn't believe it, but she was happy to have you believe it. Happy to have people—too many of them, unfortunately, who only pay attention with one ear—be her target audience.

The governor of Alaska doesn’t object to every wisecrack that relies for its punchline on a mental picture of a Palin daughter having sexual intercourse with an older man, even when the daughter is the one who’s still a minor. Here’s the statement Palin spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton issued after Dave invited the governor and her husband to come on the air with him: “The Palins have no intention of providing a ratings boost for David Letterman by appearing on his show. Plus, it would be wise to keep Willow away from David Letterman.” Just to ensure that her youngest daughter wouldn't enjoy a weekend without embarrassment, Sarah Palin launched into a fresh tirade to CNN's Wolf Blitzer about Letterman's "crude, sexist, perverted joke about a 14-year-old being 'knocked up' by Alex Rodriguez."

Letterman’s joke may not have been his finest hour, but at least he swiftly apologized. Meanwhile, the nation’s hockey mom scores another goal for intellectual dishonesty................

LOL Thank You!

I needed some good bull shit today to cheer me up with a hearty belly laugh.

Though I pity you for actually buying all of that crap!

All Hillary can teach Palin how to blow a good political race and how to force your husband into the arms of another woman for a good blow job, that's about it. Either way, it all blows, just like your post.

You liberals are funny little creatures. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's not bother with comparing Hillary with Sarah. Let's take a walk back in time -- to the Democratic primary season.

[excerpt]
Let's be clear. If you're a Democrat, experience isn't on this year's menu. The most experienced among the major candidates seeking the Democratic nomination were Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware and Sen. Christopher Dodd of Connecticut. They have now dropped out. The remaining major candidates—Clinton, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., and former Sen. John Edwards, D-N.C.—all lack lengthy records in government.

Edwards served a single term in the Senate. Obama served eight years in the Illinois state Senate and is halfway through his first term in the U.S. Senate. Clinton is about to begin her eighth year in the U.S. Senate. Going by years spent as an elective official, Obama's 11 years exceeds Clinton's seven, which in turn exceeds Edwards' six. But it's a silly calculus. They all come out about the same, even when you factor in Clinton's youthful work on the House judiciary committee's impeachment inquiry, her membership on the board of the Legal Services Corp., her chairmanship of the Arkansas Educational Standards committee, her crafting of an unsuccessful national health-care bill, and her sharing Bill Clinton's bed most nights while he was Arkansas governor and president of the United States.

In Slate's women's blog, the "XX Factor," various colleagues have argued (see here, here, and here) that Clinton has sufficient experience under her belt to be president. I agree, but that's not the right question. The more urgent question is: Where the hell does she come off claiming superior experience? Here Clinton is in the Jan. 14 Newsweek, comparing herself with Obama:

I wish it didn't have to be a choice. I think a lot of people who are torn between us feel that way. But it is a contest, and the contrasts have to be drawn and the questions have to be asked because, obviously, I wouldn't be in this race and working as hard as I am unless I thought I am uniquely qualified at this moment in our history to be the president we need starting in 2009 … I think it is informed by my deep experience over the last 35 years, my firsthand knowledge of what goes on inside a White House.

Oh, please. Thirty-five years takes you back to 1973, half of which Hillary spent in law school, for crying out loud. I don't mean to denigrate her professional experience. Clinton worked many years in corporate and public-interest law, performed advocacy work for the Children's Defense Fund and other groups, and was a university lecturer. She also devoted herself to raising a seemingly bright and loving daughter, which is no small feat, particularly given the public spotlight and some conspicuously bad behavior on the father's part.

But in government, Clinton's chief role over the years has been that of kibitzer. An important kibitzer, to be sure—what spouse isn't?—but not a direct participant. Clinton emphasizes in particular her profound experience in foreign policy. Here she is on Dec. 20:

It is tempting any time things seem quieter for a minute on the international front to think that we don't need a president who's up to speed on foreign affairs and military matters. Well, that's the kind of logic that got us George Bush in the first place. Experience in foreign affairs is critical for ending the war in Iraq, averting war in Iran, negotiating a Middle East peace and dealing with North Korea.

But a Dec. 26 New York Times story revealed that during her husband's two terms in office, Hillary Clinton did not hold a security clearance, did not attend meetings of the National Security Council, and was not given a copy of the president's daily intelligence briefing. During trips to Bosnia and Kosovo, she "acted as a spokeswoman for American interests rather than as a negotiator." On military affairs, most of her experience derives not from her White House years but from serving on the Senate armed services committee. In this capacity, William Kristol notes gleefully in the Jan. 14 New York Times, Clinton told Gen. David Petraeus this past September that his reports of military progress in Iraq—since shown to be undeniable—required "the willing suspension of disbelief." (What Kristol and Clinton both fail to say is that the surge's laudable military success has created a short-term opportunity that the Iraqi government and Bush himself are doing tragically little to seize. For example, a much-touted move by the Iraqi parliament to open government jobs to former members of the Baath party is, according to a Jan. 14 New York Times story, "riddled with loopholes and caveats to the point that some Sunni and Shiite officials say it could actually exclude more former Baathists than it lets back in.")

Clinton's claim to superior experience isn't merely dishonest. It's also potentially dangerous should she become the nominee. If Clinton continues to build her campaign on the dubious foundation of government experience, it shouldn't be very difficult for her GOP opponent to pull that edifice down. That's especially true if a certain white-haired senator now serving his 25th year in Congress (four in the House and 21 in the Senate) wins the nomination. McCain could easily make Hillary look like an absolute fraud who is no more truthful about her depth of government experience than she is about why her mother named her "Hillary." Dennis Kucinich has more government experience than Clinton. (He also has a better health-care plan, but we'll save that for another day.) If Clinton doesn't find a new theme soon, she won't just be cutting Obama's throat. She'll also be cutting her own.

Experience is not one of Hillary Clinton's assets. - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine

You know, what really gets me is the double standards in play here. Instead of supporting a mother who was angry at someone for attacking her daughter, you crucify her for speaking out against a man who very evidently doesn't care one bit about the lack of integrity that should be enforced when rape jokes are fired at an innocent teenager.

That is not what happened.

It's not? Why because he didn't use the word "rape"? Tell me 666, what DID happen? How does a 33 year old man "knock-up" a 14 year old?

The joke said Palins daughter was knocked up by ARod. Knocked up means impregnated, not raped. Knocked up is what already happened to Bristol and since that situation was made very public by Palin, the logical conclusion, absent any names used in the joke, is that Letterman was referring to the 18 year old.

By invitation? I know...I know, Letterman wasn't talking about the 14 year old. But that's the problem. He shouldn't be talking about ANY teenager that way. Or is Bristol fair game because she's already had sex? You see, the image that Letterman created is disturbing to some people. It may not bother you, but I'm sure it would if it were your child. Then again...I could be wrong.

Where were all of you whiners when Bristol was introduced to the world by her mother and she was already "knocked up" by her scumbag boyfriend? Not only were there no complaints, but Palin and McCain painted her unwed pregnancy as a virtue.

Bristol is fair game because she was put in the public spotlight by her own mother. If there was a conscious effort by Palin to hide her kids from the media, then any such joke by Letterman would have been out of line but that wasn't the case. Palin has a history of putting her hand in the fire and then screaming bloody murder when she gets burned and that is what happened here. Palin is an opportunist and is milking this for every bit of publicity she can get. Yeah, the joke was a bit over the line but it pales in comparison to the way Palin is using her own kids for political gain.

Last edited:
And what would the left and msm done had she tried to hide her children and her daughter's pregnancy from the public? Get real.

And what would the left and msm done had she tried to hide her children and her daughter's pregnancy from the public? Get real.

They would have respected that request, the same way they did when other public figures asked for the same favor.

They would have respected that request, the same way they did when other public figures asked for the same favor.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the hysterical laugh. Yeah right, sure, that's what they would have done. :cuckoo:

Thanks for the hysterical laugh. Yeah right, sure, that's what they would have done. :cuckoo:

It must be nice to live in your black and white fantasy world where "lefties" are all evil people intent on destroying the country and all of your own folks are upstanding moral citizens who help old ladies onto the bus.

Your mentality reminds me of this quote:

"Do you wish to find out a person's weak points? Note the
failings he has the quickest eye for in others. They may not
be the very failings he is himself guilty of; but they
will be their next-door-neighbors."
--Julius Hare

It must be nice to live in your black and white fantasy world where "lefties" are all evil people intent on destroying the country and all of your own folks are upstanding moral citizens who help old ladies onto the bus.

--Julius Hare

so can you provide examples of the press leaving people alone because they requested it?

--Julius Hare

Give me a freakin' break. The media went out of their way to tear her apart in every manner possible. You're the one living in fantasy land if you truly believe they would have left her children alone. Don't you read the newpapers, watch tv? You would have to have had your head buried in the sand for the entire campaign cycle to make the comment that you made. Give me a break. :cuckoo:

--Julius Hare

Give me a freakin' break. The media went out of their way to tear her apart in every manner possible. You're the one living in fantasy land if you truly believe they would have left her children alone. Don't you read the newpapers, watch tv? You would have to have had your head buried in the sand for the entire campaign cycle to make the comment that you made. Give me a break. :cuckoo:

The media tore Palin apart because she made embarrassing dumbass comments throughout the campaign that reflected on her questionable abilities to be VP. Whose fault is that?

We're not talking about her, though, we're talking about her kids. Palin was the one who paraded her whole dysfunctional family in front of the nation so she shouldn't be surprised when someone makes a comment about them. They asked for the attention and they got it so I have no sympathy.

By the way, a certain other comedian said:

Gov. Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. And you thought John Edwards was in trouble before! Now he has really done it -- "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," 9/2/08

Where was the outrage over that joke?

--Julius Hare

so can you provide examples of the press leaving people alone because they requested it?

This oughta be good....

Forum List

Back