What has Chevy Done???

I think what they did with the Vette was inevitable. Corvette enthusiasts have been asking when Chevy was going to build a mid engine Vette for decades. They took the front engine as far as they could and it was time.

I'm going to keep my eye out for one and if I can, I want to drive one. I told my Chevy dealer that if they ever get one in to call me. I'm friends with a couple of the people that work there. If I'm impressed enough, I might see about dealing on one. I owned an old '75 Vette long ago. It had been abused and I got it cheap. I did some fixing on it and had a good time driving it, and sold it for a profit. Would be fun to own a NEW Corvette though.

Last edited:
The physical appearance of a mid-engine sports car is unsettling, and it has its drawbacks. But it was inevitable that GM, when trying to provide a near-world class sports car would go for mid-engine eventually. It is the optimal design, performance-wise; no question about it.

I have mixed feelings about the mandatory slush box, but there is no question that if you want to sell cars and not cater to the purists, most people shelling out that kind of money want optimum PERFORMANCE and no human can out-drive a DCT.

Do you believe that none of your neighbors have the right to sleep? Or that they do not own hammers
Unless its going to be your daily driver, just dont drive it when your neighbors are sleeping, if it bothers you that much.
Grow up 90 percent of mustang buyers can not afford another car so it is 90 percent a daily driver. Only perhaps 10 percent use the car for racing and as I said the con artist at ford charge 995 dollars extra for a muffler. It's so retarded that it took me weeks to figure this out because it is irrational

Chevrolet charges extra for the racing exhaust as it should be
Who cares about a muffler? Id tell my neighbors to blow me if they had a problem with my street legal car.
What do you tell your neighbor when he sneaks out at night with a hammer and puts the hammer down on your paint and windshield and the rest of the neighborhood cheers him for doing so?

Respect is a 2 way street, you give and you get. A muffler is no more an extra than wipers are. Fords were designed by con artist salesmen rather than engineers......
It sounds like you have awful neighbors. Id move out of there if someone taking a hammer to my car was a possibility.
Move in next to me with a blackhawk helicopter and you will meet respect face on kid

The fact is that a woman who just wants a cool car has to pay 995 dollars extra for a working muffler if she buys a mustang. No matter that she will never ever drag the car, ford suckers people like you every day

Gm still makes pickups? I haven't noticed
The only truck I'll buy. I think they were getting a little "stale" up to 2018, but the new body style and the 2019's and all the new improvements they made, like massive struts under the hood for front collision protection, they knocked it out of the park. The 6.2 ltr, 420hp engine is a BEAST, and the new 10 speed transmission, that was a design collaboration between FORD and GM, is a great new transmission. I've owned Chevy trucks since 1975.
You will not find one good review on that trans not connected to the companies or a dealer
What do you mean... "not connected to the companies or a dealer?"

I've seen a few write ups already saying the 10 speed is a huge improvement over the old 8 speed, which was a disaster.
I mean an independent review. By the way you are bragging that a brand new truck is great when the motor is not even broken in after saying that your previous truck was krap.

Type in new 10 speed trans sucks and read the real reviews
New engines have no "break in" period, and I didn't say my previous truck was crap, I said the transmission was.

You can find some sour apples review about literally anything on the planet. There is always going to be someone bitch, and even for reasons that have nothing to do with what it is they're supposed to be reviewing. I take reviews with a grain of salt, and usually want to base my opinion of something on first hand experience with it, which I have done, and you consider bragging... :lol:

11 Things You Need to Know about Ford & GM’s 10-Speed Transmission | AutoInfluence
You said your truck was krap the trannie is part of the truck kid. Now you are bragging that a brand new truck is great.......

Lol, repeat 10 years and 100k later when you cant get 1 year and 3000 miles

Last edited:
I'll likely buy a C6 at some point. That's basically the last Corvette generation that actually looks like a Corvette. They'll definitely drop in price when the C8 comes out. For now my C4 serves me fine. No way I'd pay what they're asking for the C8. It doesn't even look like a Corvette anymore. Looks like a Transformer. Same with the C7, it doesn't look like a Corvette anymore either.

Besides, the speed limit is 55 and 65 on I-95. 35 and 45 on most all other local roads. What good is all of that HP when everybody knows Corvettes are magnets for officer friendly? I prefer to just cruise the winding back roads anyway, I'm not out there trying to race people or to be the first car out of the red light or to pick up gold diggers at Wally World.

And here's the other thing. Everybody always asks how much you paid for it. The real question nobody ever asks is how much is costs to own a Corvette. You're paying three to four times what everyone else is paying for maintenance/parts/repair, etc, for no other reason than the fact that it's a Corvette. And fuel? Pffft. Don't even think about putting cheap gas in it. That's just asking for trouble. I'm paying $3.19 and up per gallon for BP Ultimate non-ethanol 98-100 octane every single fillup.

And they're not even daily drivers. Park it at work 5 days a week and watch how many dings it ends up with from other people banging their doors into it. You're really only driving them on weekends and at best 6-7 months out of the year, if you live anywhere that sees winter weather.
"It doesn't even look like a Corvette anymore. Looks like a Transformer." I swear my exact same thought as well when I read about the new mid-engine Vette in MT.
Its Ferrari competition now it's not supposed to look like an old vette

The only truck I'll buy. I think they were getting a little "stale" up to 2018, but the new body style and the 2019's and all the new improvements they made, like massive struts under the hood for front collision protection, they knocked it out of the park. The 6.2 ltr, 420hp engine is a BEAST, and the new 10 speed transmission, that was a design collaboration between FORD and GM, is a great new transmission. I've owned Chevy trucks since 1975.
You will not find one good review on that trans not connected to the companies or a dealer

I've seen a few write ups already saying the 10 speed is a huge improvement over the old 8 speed, which was a disaster.
I mean an independent review. By the way you are bragging that a brand new truck is great when the motor is not even broken in after saying that your previous truck was krap.

New engines have no "break in" period, and I didn't say my previous truck was crap, I said the transmission was.

You can find some sour apples review about literally anything on the planet. There is always going to be someone bitch, and even for reasons that have nothing to do with what it is they're supposed to be reviewing. I take reviews with a grain of salt, and usually want to base my opinion of something on first hand experience with it, which I have done, and you consider bragging... :lol:

11 Things You Need to Know about Ford & GM’s 10-Speed Transmission | AutoInfluence
You said your truck was krap the trannie is part of the truck kid. Now you are bragging that a brand new truck is great.......

Well, evidently you don't want to have a conversation, you just want to start talking smack.

Whatever, find someone else to play with then. I don't need to read your crap.

Well, evidently you don't want to have a conversation, you just want to start talking smack.

I am telling you to go to youtube and search new 10 speed trannie sucks. Then learn. You are pissed only because you did this and now need to deny that you just bought another lemon.

Search before you spend, not after.

Sorry

I'll likely buy a C6 at some point. That's basically the last Corvette generation that actually looks like a Corvette. They'll definitely drop in price when the C8 comes out. For now my C4 serves me fine. No way I'd pay what they're asking for the C8. It doesn't even look like a Corvette anymore. Looks like a Transformer. Same with the C7, it doesn't look like a Corvette anymore either.

Besides, the speed limit is 55 and 65 on I-95. 35 and 45 on most all other local roads. What good is all of that HP when everybody knows Corvettes are magnets for officer friendly? I prefer to just cruise the winding back roads anyway, I'm not out there trying to race people or to be the first car out of the red light or to pick up gold diggers at Wally World.

And here's the other thing. Everybody always asks how much you paid for it. The real question nobody ever asks is how much is costs to own a Corvette. You're paying three to four times what everyone else is paying for maintenance/parts/repair, etc, for no other reason than the fact that it's a Corvette. And fuel? Pffft. Don't even think about putting cheap gas in it. That's just asking for trouble. I'm paying $3.19 and up per gallon for BP Ultimate non-ethanol 98-100 octane every single fillup.

And they're not even daily drivers. Park it at work 5 days a week and watch how many dings it ends up with from other people banging their doors into it. You're really only driving them on weekends and at best 6-7 months out of the year, if you live anywhere that sees winter weather.
"It doesn't even look like a Corvette anymore. Looks like a Transformer." I swear my exact same thought as well when I read about the new mid-engine Vette in MT.
Leave it to you to troll a perfectly innocent thread. What a jerk.

Leave it to you to troll a perfectly innocent thread. What a jerk.
How many corvettes have you test driven this week?

Me just one vette and 5 stangs. Looking at a 2ss camaro as well. They ask for my license, do a quick credit check and will let me drive a 200k car if I ask

Have fun pretending

Still undefeated

Last edited:
Unless its going to be your daily driver, just dont drive it when your neighbors are sleeping, if it bothers you that much.
Grow up 90 percent of mustang buyers can not afford another car so it is 90 percent a daily driver. Only perhaps 10 percent use the car for racing and as I said the con artist at ford charge 995 dollars extra for a muffler. It's so retarded that it took me weeks to figure this out because it is irrational

Who cares about a muffler? Id tell my neighbors to blow me if they had a problem with my street legal car.
What do you tell your neighbor when he sneaks out at night with a hammer and puts the hammer down on your paint and windshield and the rest of the neighborhood cheers him for doing so?

Respect is a 2 way street, you give and you get. A muffler is no more an extra than wipers are. Fords were designed by con artist salesmen rather than engineers......
It sounds like you have awful neighbors. Id move out of there if someone taking a hammer to my car was a possibility.
Move in next to me with a blackhawk helicopter and you will meet respect face on kid

The fact is that a woman who just wants a cool car has to pay 995 dollars extra for a working muffler if she buys a mustang. No matter that she will never ever drag the car, ford suckers people like you every day
Youd have a valid complaint if i brought a helicopter, but not a Mustang GT.

I am telling you to go to youtube and search new 10 speed trannie sucks. Then learn. You are pissed only because you did this and now need to deny that you just bought another lemon.

Sorry
And I'm telling you you're full of crap.

I was probably wrenching before you were even a glimmer in your Daddy's eyes. I'm also a retired Harley Davidson Technician, and I've worked on multi million dollar fighter air craft avionics, and I've got a couple technical degrees, so you aren't going to tell me anything, little miss self proclaimed internet Einstein.

You showed up in this thread to TROLL, and TROLL you have.

Youd have a valid complaint if i brought a helicopter, but not a Mustang GT.
Dude when you wake up the entire neighborhood because ford sells mustang's unmuffled the entire town will be at your throat. The vettes can all be quieter than any honda

Sorry
And I'm telling you you're full of crap.

I was probably wrenching before you were even a glimmer in your Daddy's eyes. I'm also a retired Harley Davidson Technician, and I've worked on multi million dollar fighter air craft avionics, and I've got a couple technical degrees, so you aren't going to tell me anything, little miss self proclaimed internet Einstein.

You showed up in this thread to TROLL, and TROLL you have.

Why Are EcoBoost Mustangs Getting Slower? - Motor Trend

With its gorgeous new C8 Corvette base-priced at $59,995, Chevy/GM has potentially devastated the American sports car market for the foreseeable future. Recent dyno testing indicates that GM's HP and torque figures are way below the actual numbers which are close to 600 in each case. 0-60 times of 2.8 seconds are real.

And lest one forget, the styling of this car, both inside and out are exotic-level, with only true cranks finding any fault with ANYTHING about this car.

So assuming GM can get cars to the showrooms, why would anyone spend $95k on a Porsche Cayman GTS, with its nifty FOUR CYLINDER lump? Or a Mercedes AMG coupe, or a BMW M-car? An Audi TT? Are you kidding? Jaguar F-Type? How would you like to be Toyota's Supra Product Manager, trying to sell $60 thousand Supra's these days?

Ford has been trying to make the case for the past few years that the high-end Mustangs are "sports cars," and pricing them accordingly. A GT350 for seventy grand? Even Camaro ZL-1's are instantly obsolete - as are remaining C7's, nice as they are. Hellcat Redeye's at $75k and up? Not so fast.

The resale value on C7's has been even better than Corvette's historically good values. The C8's will likely top even that. 60% of MSRP after five years is a reasonable guess.

I realize that people buy certain marques not because the cars are "good," but because they want to be see driving them, but for those sports car buyers who think rationally about it, the only real choice between $50 and 100k is a new C8.

I saw the new Vette at the Monterey Classic Races in August and placed an order. They had a cutaway demonstrator so you could see how they set the engine bay. The thing will be a breeze to work on. Lift it, unscrew four or six bolts (I don't remember what they told me) and the entire engine package drops out for maintenance.
And you need a 25000 dollar computer to diagnose anything

No, not really. There are certain maintenance operations that easily accomplished. You would be surprised what's available for diagnostic purposes
You are the one who would be surprised.......

With any new BMW the scanner cost 15000 at least and is only sold to BMW dealers so when your bmw throws a basic code you are out of luck. Not sure how a new car that almost no one has seen ranks but the engine is not even viable from below and there is not even room for a jack

Unlike you, I am a petrol head. I, and those like me, have these things called "work arounds."

You would be amazed at what you can do when you are competent.

I had had a GT, I would want it to be loud, but that's just me.
Do you believe that none of your neighbors have the right to sleep? Or that they do not own hammers

That would be a very stupid neighbor in any place I ever lived

Yup frannie is a troll .

With its gorgeous new C8 Corvette base-priced at $59,995, Chevy/GM has potentially devastated the American sports car market for the foreseeable future. Recent dyno testing indicates that GM's HP and torque figures are way below the actual numbers which are close to 600 in each case. 0-60 times of 2.8 seconds are real.

And lest one forget, the styling of this car, both inside and out are exotic-level, with only true cranks finding any fault with ANYTHING about this car.

So assuming GM can get cars to the showrooms, why would anyone spend $95k on a Porsche Cayman GTS, with its nifty FOUR CYLINDER lump? Or a Mercedes AMG coupe, or a BMW M-car? An Audi TT? Are you kidding? Jaguar F-Type? How would you like to be Toyota's Supra Product Manager, trying to sell $60 thousand Supra's these days?

Ford has been trying to make the case for the past few years that the high-end Mustangs are "sports cars," and pricing them accordingly. A GT350 for seventy grand? Even Camaro ZL-1's are instantly obsolete - as are remaining C7's, nice as they are. Hellcat Redeye's at $75k and up? Not so fast.

The resale value on C7's has been even better than Corvette's historically good values. The C8's will likely top even that. 60% of MSRP after five years is a reasonable guess.

I realize that people buy certain marques not because the cars are "good," but because they want to be see driving them, but for those sports car buyers who think rationally about it, the only real choice between $50 and 100k is a new C8.

I saw the new Vette at the Monterey Classic Races in August and placed an order. They had a cutaway demonstrator so you could see how they set the engine bay. The thing will be a breeze to work on. Lift it, unscrew four or six bolts (I don't remember what they told me) and the entire engine package drops out for maintenance.
And you need a 25000 dollar computer to diagnose anything

No, not really. There are certain maintenance operations that easily accomplished. You would be surprised what's available for diagnostic purposes
You are the one who would be surprised.......

With any new BMW the scanner cost 15000 at least and is only sold to BMW dealers so when your bmw throws a basic code you are out of luck. Not sure how a new car that almost no one has seen ranks but the engine is not even viable from below and there is not even room for a jack

Unlike you, I am a petrol head. I, and those like me, have these things called "work arounds."

You would be amazed at what you can do when you are competent.
The code is locked down, this is why so many get sold as just visiting the dealer is a grand....the fuel mix can not be adjusted without the comp, do tell us how you adjust the computer without computer access?

Petrol head, is that like a dumb britt?

You keep pretending

Last edited:

That would be a very stupid neighbor in any place I ever lived
Stupid is anyone spending 40 to 50 grand on a car then having to fork over another grand for the muffler that is not included

Wh!aaaaa!aaaaaaas

Pt Barnum was right

There is a sucker born every minute

Yup frannie is a troll .
Who test drove a c7 vette last Monday

Ciao

Lol am I also a russian agent like tulsi gabbard

Yup frannie is a troll .
Who test drove a c7 vette last Monday

Ciao

Lol am I also a russian agent like tulsi gabbard

Not you.

Forum List

Back