What happens if Biden resigns?

There is no way the Senate will put Harris in the driver's seat. The cure would be worse than the problem.

EXACTLY. America needs to see the total train wreck that the democrats put up for office and say that 81 million people voted for to understand the full scope of the democrat's lies, incompetency and malfeasance. And it brings back to light how could a nation be so blind as to not see this one coming?

We need the FULL IMPACT of how bad the Biddum-Harris ticket really is to bring home just how bad democrats really are for this country and how much they lied about both their agenda and built Trump up into a false pariah of false blame.

The bigger a calamity Biden/Harris are, the better for America coming out of the 22 and 24 elections.

There are 3 ways that I know of to remove a sitting president:

1. Impeachment in the House and a conviction in the senate by a 2/3 vote for removal from office. Let's be honest, that ain't going to happen.

2. 25th Amendment. The Congress has to pass this through both chambers. That ain't going to happen either. Here's the problem for the democrats: once they do that, Kamala becomes the prez and there is no VP, which means they don't have the tie-breaker in any vote that goes 50-50. Kamala would have to nominate somebody, and the House and Senate would have to confirm that by a majority vote, which means 51-49 or better. IOW, a Repub would have to vote for Kamala's nominee, and that is a big deal because 50-50 doesn't cut it. So, without at least one Repub on their side, the Dems can't do shit in the Senate cuz they don't have the tie-breaking vote (no VP).

3. Biden can just resign, no impeachment and no 25th Amendment action. Same deal, as I understand it. When Nixon resigned, he nominated Gerald R. Ford to be his VP, and that nomination was confirmed by the House and the Senate by a wide majority. Would the Senate give up their power to block all democratic legislation without some bipartisan action? Doubtful.

So, will Joe step aside, or be forced to step aside? I don't think so, the democrats need Kamala Harris as the VP to cast tie-breaking votes in the Senate so they can pass stuff and confirm Supreme Court Justices. Clearly he is not up to the job; everybody knew it before the election, most of the time he couldn't even get out to campaign. And now we see that most of the time he isn't able to perform the duties of the presidency.
Clearly Biden is not up to the job? Of course, he is up to the job.

Why on earth would he resign? Because he's worse than he was last year? Have you seen his ego?

Do you know how much money Hunter Dali is making with his refrigerator art explosion? Biden can nap for the next 3 years and his family can pull in millions....

That video helped him become president AND led to Trump's first impeachment. A 2-fer.

Don't be so sure.
Anyone who is objective can see he is in cognitive decline. He is worse now than he was a year ago.
And will be that much worse again this time next.
It will get to the point, sooner than later, where it just can't be hidden anymore. And even the most bias, hardened denier can't deny it.
Then it gets worse. Harris as President.
Then it really goes down hill.
This would imply that anyone disagreeing with you is not "objective" and, even better
YOU'RE claiming to be "OBJECTIVE"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This would imply that anyone disagreeing with you is not "objective" and, even better
YOU'RE claiming to be "OBJECTIVE"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I don't have to make that claim.
It is right in front of everyone's eyes.
If you don't see his declining abilities, then you are simply willing to ignore it.
So... go back and stick your head in the sand where it belongs. It's more comfortable for you there.

There are 3 ways that I know of to remove a sitting president:

1. Impeachment in the House and a conviction in the senate by a 2/3 vote for removal from office. Let's be honest, that ain't going to happen.

2. 25th Amendment. The Congress has to pass this through both chambers. That ain't going to happen either. Here's the problem for the democrats: once they do that, Kamala becomes the prez and there is no VP, which means they don't have the tie-breaker in any vote that goes 50-50. Kamala would have to nominate somebody, and the House and Senate would have to confirm that by a majority vote, which means 51-49 or better. IOW, a Repub would have to vote for Kamala's nominee, and that is a big deal because 50-50 doesn't cut it. So, without at least one Repub on their side, the Dems can't do shit in the Senate cuz they don't have the tie-breaking vote (no VP).

3. Biden can just resign, no impeachment and no 25th Amendment action. Same deal, as I understand it. When Nixon resigned, he nominated Gerald R. Ford to be his VP, and that nomination was confirmed by the House and the Senate by a wide majority. Would the Senate give up their power to block all democratic legislation without some bipartisan action? Doubtful.

So, will Joe step aside, or be forced to step aside? I don't think so, the democrats need Kamala Harris as the VP to cast tie-breaking votes in the Senate so they can pass stuff and confirm Supreme Court Justices. Clearly he is not up to the job; everybody knew it before the election, most of the time he couldn't even get out to campaign. And now we see that most of the time he isn't able to perform the duties of the presidency.
The fbi will bring out Hunter’s lap top, start to prosecute him. Then Hunter will commit Clinton suicide, he knows too much. Biden will be outsted. The end of Biden's screwing America will be over. The only problem we have Harris if Biden is gone.

The fbi will bring out Hunter’s lap top, start to prosecute him. Then Hunter will commit Clinton suicide, he knows too much. Biden will be outsted. The end of Biden's screwing America will be over. The only problem we have Harris if Biden is gone.

If Harris becomes president then the VP office is vacant, and that means the democrats in the Senate do not have the tie-breaking vote, and that includes the vote to confirm the next VP no matter who it is. Without GOP support, everything the democrats want to do is dead. I think that means we are better off with Harris rather than Biden.

Democrats are proud of Biden. They think the Afghanistan withdrawal is going perfectly.

I wasn't talking about removing Biden, I was talking about what happens if he resigns.
If he was mentally incapacitated when coming into office why would he resign now?

The wonderful thing about being a democrat is, never having to say you are sorry or inept or corrupt.

The press has your back. Just go hide in the basement Joe.\

Really, the only thing that would remove him is death itself, and maybe not even then. I mean, if he passed in his sleep would anyone even know?

Democrats are proud of Biden. They think the Afghanistan withdrawal is going perfectly.
Well they have proven their theory that America has no exceptionalism.

They are just all a bunch of racist dead heads.

And at this point, it's hard to argue.

Unfortunately, many are that ignorant.
Democrats will resist any effort to rescue Americans left behind because that will make Biden look bad. Other countries can get their people out but not America.

Democrats will resist any effort to rescue Americans left behind because that will make Biden look bad. Other countries can get their people out but not America.

It says a lot when the French, yes THE FRENCH, are sending commandos in to get their people out. Thanks to the Democrat snowflakes, we are taking the Frenchy's place on the podium in the battle for the biggest wimps on the planet.

You can bet every American soldier sitting on their asses at an airport surrounded by the enemy.... are willing to go out there and get people. You can count on that.
Their frustration level for being handcuffed to their chairs and not allowed to help you can bet is maddening and painful.
I feel bad for our warriors being forced to hide like their President.

Not a single article in RCP today defending the Prez..........not good. Nobody wanting to look st00pid. I remember when every swinging dick in the country turned on Nixon......its a dumpster fire for this guy Biden. No need to impeach his ass........he's going to end up stepping down. In the coming days, his ear going to get worn out from hearing that many whispers.

The only way Biden steps down is if he is physically no longer capable of maintaining his duties as president and chooses to resign. Otherwise, resigning has no other political benefit to him given his age. It will, however, screw his party in the midterm elections next year, but what does he care?

Let's not pretend these Representatives and Senators are being "honest" here.
No, there is only one way to remove a President whether they deserve it or not. They have to be a Republican.
This is where it's at. The Democrats always seize control of the "process" no matter what and you had Nancy Pelosi so out of her mind insane with hate and greed she was going to "impeach" Donald Trump when he was no longer in office!

Forum List

Back