What Happened to the Six Feet Buffer Zone? United Airlines Flight Packed Full

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I've been skeptical of the social distancing mantra from day one. It's never made a lot of logical sense to me that standing six feet from someone protects me from COVID-19, but four feet is suffering death. Being that United Airlines still has flights with people packed in like sardine cans, how are we to believe in the six feet social distancing rule? Surely, the government would not allow planes to be this full if this requirement were that important, right?

Their six foot buffer zone is coming
See the source image

I've been skeptical of the social distancing mantra from day one. It's never made a lot of logical sense to me that standing six feet from someone protects me from COVID-19, but four feet is suffering death. Being that United Airlines still has flights with people packed in like sardine cans, how are we to believe in the six feet social distancing rule? Surely, the government would not allow planes to be this full if this requirement were that important, right?

I won't get on an airplane until there's a vaccine or treatment for the virus that makes it no longer lethal.

That airplane is too full and United should be told not to have every seat full but we don't have a government that will do that right now.

We need uniform standards for all airlines. That can only happen at the federal level.

I wish we had a responsible government.

I won't get on an airplane until there's a vaccine or treatment for the virus that makes it no longer lethal.

That airplane is too full and United should be told not to have every seat full but we don't have a government that will do that right now.

We need uniform standards for all airlines. That can only happen at the federal level.

Good....Stay down in your hole until your betters tell you that everything is all nice and antiseptic for you....Then wear underpants on your head when you do go out....The "experts" say it'll keep you safe.

You are a sad individual.
Why would ANYONE wish for a government to have complete control like that???

Pathetic

People — especially those at risk — will not fly unless they feel that at least some standards are maintained. Every other seat being empty would be a reasonable minimum. Also planes to be cleaned more with disinfectants between layovers. Even if the price of tickets must go up. This is pretty basic. Does even basic sanitation and public health in a pandemic have to be sacrificed in the U.S. today?

Good....Stay down in your hole until your betters tell you that everything is all nice and antiseptic for you....Then wear underpants on your head when you do go out....The "experts" say it'll keep you safe.

Because you're such an expert, right? And I'm sure you push your chest out as you pop into your local Walmart to get the specials, too! You one tough mofo Odd!

Because you're such an expert, right? And I'm sure you push your chest out as you pop into your local Walmart to get the specials, too! You one tough mofo Odd!

Is that how it's dealt with in OZ or Canada?

It is odd that those who’ve been bitching and moaning the loudest about how our government uses our tax dollars for decades are now willing to forgive the government for total inaction.

Forum List

Back