What happened to the invading hordes?

Before I leave this conversation to do some work I'll just post this:

th

Yup. It helps if you research a subject before you embarrass yourself with your stupidity.

Guess the Op is just plain stupid.

Given the fact that the OP is not about people crossing the border, maybe you guys need to learn how to read.

Besides, there are no invading hordes.

There are multiple large groups of people moving towards our country with the goal of entering it illegally.

All citizens of this country should be against such actions.

These are not invading hordes. They are seeking asylum, which is legal. They are refugees running away from a problem and that problem was actually created by US support of a government in their country.

I am pretty sure there is a process for seeking asylum, and that does not include camping out at the border.

And I am sure that if you I your children were facing death in your own country you would stay there and go looking for the proper building to fill out papers then wait for an answer.

So, if one is "facing death" it is ok to ignore the laws of the country?

If someone is really hungry it is ok for the to break into your house and steal your food?

Given the fact that the OP is not about people crossing the border, maybe you guys need to learn how to read.

Besides, there are no invading hordes.

There are multiple large groups of people moving towards our country with the goal of entering it illegally.

All citizens of this country should be against such actions.

These are not invading hordes. They are seeking asylum, which is legal. They are refugees running away from a problem and that problem was actually created by US support of a government in their country.

I am pretty sure there is a process for seeking asylum, and that does not include camping out at the border.

And I am sure that if you I your children were facing death in your own country you would stay there and go looking for the proper building to fill out papers then wait for an answer.

So, if one is "facing death" it is ok to ignore the laws of the country?

If someone is really hungry it is ok for the to break into your house and steal your food?

2 really stupid questions.

Trump immigration rhetoric quiets after midterms

President Trump brandished his platform as commander-in-chief in the days leading up to the midterm elections to warn of a coming caravan or "invasion" of migrants and to elevate his calls for more drastic border security measures.

"Our military is being mobilized at the Southern Border," Mr. Trump tweeted on Oct. 31. "Many more troops coming. We will NOT let these Caravans, which are also made up of some very bad thugs and gang members, into the U.S. Our Border is sacred, must come in legally. TURN AROUND!"

Top White House aides insisted the timing of the president's immigration rhetoric — which included a pledge to end birthright citizenship, likely through executive order — wasn't about the midterms, even as Mr. Trump declared the migrant caravan a "great midterm issue for Republicans." Counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway insisted the push to end birthright citizenship wasn't intended to whip up the Republican base ahead of the elections.

"No, because if only the base had voted for him he wouldn't be president," Conway told reporters outside the White House in October. "So I think I understand that that's like the 'Sesame (Street)' Grover word of the day. That and fear and some other stuff. But no, it's not whipping up the base. There are constitutional scholars who say the 14th Amendment has been misinterpreted and actually the Supreme Court has never gave a solid opinion on this."

But in the days since the midterm elections, the president's riffs on illegal immigration, both on Twitter and in his few public remarks, have diminished.

Mr. Trump, who tweeted the word "caravan" nine times in the last two weeks of October, hasn't since Halloween, even as the caravan draws closer than ever. He also hasn't tweeted the word "immigration" since before the midterms. He's also tweeted the word "border" just once since the midterms, when he signed a presidential proclamation tightening asylum claims last week.

Trump immigration rhetoric quiets after midterms

Forum List

Back