What does yours look like?

fresh clean air, clean water, clean environment, green energy, universal healthcare, a strict ban on assault rifles, citizen's united overturned, row v wade codified in federal law & trumpco in prison.
Better rethink your position on “assault rifles” if you ever hope to see the rest of that fantasy become reality...

sure.

They don't?
If you're not allowed to arm yourself, then how are you "free"?

I am allowed to arm myself. I choose not to.

Tenn's poster was for illegal and unregistered firearms. There are heavy restrictions on the types of firearms I can own, but I can still own one if I want. I know a few people who have guns.

Different mindset. You guys have always wanted your peashooters. To be honest, I've never thought about it until I came across gun loving Americans.
Who has the right to restrict what types of weapons you may arm yourself with?
And from where did they get that right?

(Or did they just make it up out of thin air and demand you go along with their bullshit? :rolleyes:)

Your Utopia? And I mean realistically. There is no doubt that the vast majority of people on this forum are divided into two camps. Then there is the odd neutral like myself. If you could chuck all the liberals on one side of the country and the conservatives on the other, what would your society look like.

A conservative society would probably have no abortion, high gun ownership, the death penalty.
A democrat society would probably have no death penalty, affirmative action etc.

Both would probably be founded on the US BOR and Constitution.
I think the conservative society would have a lower crime rate, but the liberal society would be more just.

OK. This was something totally different than I thought it was when I clicked on it. :)

The perfect world? Something along the lines of a Star Trek future. And that's only because I don't have a really good reference for describing it. (and I realize it's really UTOPIA).
Poverty, crime, greed would be things of the past. A future where your basic needs are taken care of. Shelter, food, medical care. Whatever form that came in. Would you work for profit? Or the common good? It would have to be a future where the dollar bill would either be obsolete or made less relevant. What would corporations and government entities be consolidated into?

Damn it. You're making me think. After Pompeo's turn at the podium tonight, my head is spinning. I didn't think that level of incompetence and ignorance could be achieved in my lifetime. :)

(Or did they just make it up out of thin air and demand you go along with their bullshit? :rolleyes:)

The politicians do what the public want. The buy back scheme in Australia after the Port Arthur massacre won John Howard the following election.

We see gun ownership as a privilege, not a right. And I concur with that aspect.

As I've said before, on paper you are definitely more free. In reality, if I could live anywhere in the world based solely on my individual freedoms, the US wouldn't even be in my top 5.

fresh clean air, clean water, clean environment, green energy, universal healthcare, a strict ban on assault rifles, citizen's united overturned, row v wade codified in federal law & trumpco in prison.
Better rethink your position on “assault rifles” if you ever hope to see the rest of that fantasy become reality...

sure.
Yeah... Long as I’m breathin’... I’m sure...

The politicians do what the public want. The buy back scheme in Australia after the Port Arthur massacre won John Howard the following election.

We see gun ownership as a privilege, not a right. And I concur with that aspect.

As I've said before, on paper you are definitely more free. In reality, if I could live anywhere in the world based solely on my individual freedoms, the US wouldn't even be in my top 5.

You are a lobster boiling in hot water and you don't even know it

Your Utopia? And I mean realistically. There is no doubt that the vast majority of people on this forum are divided into two camps. Then there is the odd neutral like myself. If you could chuck all the liberals on one side of the country and the conservatives on the other, what would your society look like.

A conservative society would probably have no abortion, high gun ownership, the death penalty.
A democrat society would probably have no death penalty, affirmative action etc.

I think the conservative society would have a lower crime rate, but the liberal society would be more just.

OK. This was something totally different than I thought it was when I clicked on it. :)

The perfect world? Something along the lines of a Star Trek future. And that's only because I don't have a really good reference for describing it. (and I realize it's really UTOPIA).
Poverty, crime, greed would be things of the past. A future where your basic needs are taken care of. Shelter, food, medical care. Whatever form that came in. Would you work for profit? Or the common good? It would have to be a future where the dollar bill would either be obsolete or made less relevant. What would corporations and government entities be consolidated into?

Damn it. You're making me think. After Pompeo's turn at the podium tonight, my head is spinning. I didn't think that level of incompetence and ignorance could be achieved in my lifetime. :)

can you give a quick summary of what pompeo said?

sure.
Yeah... Long as I’m breathin’... I’m sure...

ya, ya, i know - from yer cold dead hands....you go boooyyyyeeeeEEEeeeee............. :71:

Who's my predator?
You live in a country that is run by corporations, who bribe, sorry donate, huge sums of cash to political parties for favours. You have supreme court judges appointed based on their politics, not their knowledge of the law. You have peace officers appointed by the ballot box, not their ability. You have a health system that costs almost double any other health system in the civilised world due to the health insurance lobby. You have lobby groups like the NRA who pretend to be about freedom but in reality is the gun manufacturers' bitch. You have DA's who would willfully incarcerate an innocent person because they get voted instead of being appointed, which means they have a political purpose - IOW it's not about the guilt or innocence of a person, it's whether they get a conviction or not. Your system, on so many levels, if ripe for corruption, and often is. How many documentaries have you seen where there is irrefutable evidence a person hasn't committed a crime and have been cleared and yet DA's and the police refuse to acknowledge their mistake because it makes them look bad, not because they were wrong.

Freedom? You can have the US version of freedom. Our dog catchers have more oversight attached to them than your highest politician....

No they don't, they do whatever they can get away with, for as long as they can get away with it.

As far as how you see gun ownership, lots of slaves are fucked in the head, it's why they're slaves.

As for you coming here, I don't remember inviting you, so don't worry about it.

Who's my predator?
You live in a country that is run by corporations, who bribe, sorry donate, huge sums of cash to political parties for favours. You have supreme court judges appointed based on their politics, not their knowledge of the law. You have peace officers appointed by the ballot box, not their ability. You have a health system that costs almost double any other health system in the civilised world due to the health insurance lobby. You have lobby groups like the NRA who pretend to be about freedom but in reality is the gun manufacturers' bitch. You have DA's who would willfully incarcerate an innocent person because they get voted instead of being appointed, which means they have a political purpose - IOW it's not about the guilt or innocence of a person, it's whether they get a conviction or not. Your system, on so many levels, if ripe for corruption, and often is. How many documentaries have you seen where there is irrefutable evidence a person hasn't committed a crime and have been cleared and yet DA's and the police refuse to acknowledge their mistake because it makes them look bad, not because they were wrong.

Freedom? You can have the US version of freedom. Our dog catchers have more oversight attached to them than your highest politician....

And who protects your freedom, The Australian piece of crap military ?

Who's my predator?

Fair amount of truth here.... not all of it, but quite a bit of what you're saying is correct, IMO.

OTOH, I've been all over and it's pretty much the same everywhere.

No they don't, they do whatever they can get away with, for as long as they can get away with it.

As far as how you see gun ownership, lots of slaves are fucked in the head, it's why they're slaves.

You see, I see you as a slave to your gun. You live in a society that is so scared of its fellow citizens and govt, it feels only a peashooter will do.

You see, I see you as a slave to your gun. You live in a society that is so scared of its fellow citizens and govt, it feels only a peashooter will do.

The only reason anyone cares whether or not another person is armed, is because they are considering a course of action for which they can reasonably expect to be shot.
When someone wants other people to less capable of defending themselves, and more helpless, it is never because they want what's best for those folks. It is always about gaining advantage over them and limiting their options.

I spent 2 decades as muscle for the international crime cartel known as the US government...... you're damn right people are afraid of their government and they're right to be.
Conversely, the American public is the most heavily armed populace in the world and if you were in the business of fucking those people over (as all politicians are), then it would be smart to be scared of them too.

I know what's in the free worlds Constitution's I have debated and look into it numerous times.

They dont have the freedom we have.

I've this debate before many times. I'll give you - on paper due to your BOR and constitution - you absolutely have more rights than other western democracies/republics. In reality? I can name several countries that are more free including NZ and Australia.

Have a lot of friends in N.Z and Australia.. But a FREE county doesn't run authoritarian and cynical ads like THIS one against law abiding gun owners....
Australia-Gun-Amnesty.jpg
Only if you equate gun ownership with freedom. Vast majority of us don't.

Well that's a society that totally abrogates their self defense to a government that is AFRAID of them.. And that's a society that doesn't VALUE holding the powers of government in check. And has a very warped sense of personal freedom...

The 99.9% dont have to be disarmed in MY utopia because the 0.1% are criminals...

Pure, and utter horse shit. Liberals and conservatives get along fine, and work together all of the time.

You batshit crazy progressive statists, on the other hand, want to control every aspect of people's lives because your lives suck, so you want to screw up every one elses.

Wow...more profanity and insults....didn't see that coming. LOL

Sure they do. But when you put a hard core conservative into a situation where he is asked to give up for the greater good...you get...well you. Who thinks any sacrifice is an attempt to control every aspect of someone's life. Case in point; gun control.
Pure, and utter horse shit. Liberals and conservatives get along fine, and work together all of the time.

You batshit crazy progressive statists, on the other hand, want to control every aspect of people's lives because your lives suck, so you want to screw up every one elses.

Wow...more profanity and insults....didn't see that coming. LOL

Sure they do. But when you put a hard core conservative into a situation where he is asked to give up for the greater good...you get...well you. Who thinks any sacrifice is an attempt to control every aspect of someone's life. Case in point; gun control.

What is the greater good.

Specifically.

The Left would have all the good looking women.
The Right would have all the crumbs.
Maybe in an alternate universe

Forum List

Back