What does yours look like?

they are forced to work for the government using my money,,,that makes them and me a slave to your demands,,,

thats why we like our guns to kill mother fuckers like you that think you can force us to your will,,,

you should at least have the courage to come and take my money yourself instead of sending jackboots to do it,,,

See, this is why you have warped logic and you are a slave to insurance companies.

This is how it works in my world:
My ex wife had to have an operation on her toe about five years ago. She could go private and it would cost her $10,000 and it would be done within a month, or go on the public waiting list for elective surgery, which she dicided to do and it took them 10 months to get around to her. Does she or I feel guilty about it? Fuck no. Why? Because in the preceding 25 years she has paid the best part of $500,000 tax. As far as I'm concerned all she is doing is getting her tax money back.

Also, I know that some of my tax money goes towards public health. Does it bother me that my money is going there even though I have only had one hospital visit in the past 50 years? No. Because I know there will come a time when it will be my turn and I'll need it. Maybe I'll suddenly drop dead and never need it. However, the chances of a member of my extended or immediate family needing it are quite high.

I am the health insurance company's worst nightmare.

What I wish the government would concentrate on is making those who make shit choices in life that lead to bad health outcomes (smoking, getting obese) pay for their shit. Although, as somebody pointed out, people who smoke or are morbidly obese tend to kick the bucket a lot younger than others.

they are forced to work for the government using my money,,,that makes them and me a slave to your demands,,,

thats why we like our guns to kill mother fuckers like you that think you can force us to your will,,,

you should at least have the courage to come and take my money yourself instead of sending jackboots to do it,,,

See, this is why you have warped logic and you are a slave to insurance companies.

My ex wife had to have an operation on her toe about five years ago. She could go private and it would cost her $10,000 and it would be done within a month, or go on the public waiting list for elective surgery, which she dicided to do and it took them 10 months to get around to her. Does she or I feel guilty about it? Fuck no. Why? Because in the preceding 25 years she has paid the best part of $500,000 tax. As far as I'm concerned all she is doing is getting her tax money back.

Also, I know that some of my tax money goes towards public health. Does it bother me that my money is going there even though I have only had one hospital visit in the past 50 years? No. Because I know there will come a time when it will be my turn and I'll need it. Maybe I'll suddenly drop dead and never need it. However, the chances of a member of my extended or immediate family needing it are quite high.

What I wish the government would concentrate on is making those who make shit choices in life that lead to bad health outcomes (smoking, getting obese) pay for their shit. Although, as somebody pointed out, people who smoke or are morbidly obese tend to kick the bucket a lot younger than others.

So you want to force your beliefs on others?

That's not freedom, that's being a control freak

Once again you dont have the freedoms we do.

Once again, on paper. Sure. Reality? Not even close. Name one thing that you can do that I can't that we BOTH consider to be a form of freedom?

I can go out and dress up as batman .

Weird Australian Laws
1. It is illegal to wear hot pink hot pants after midday on a Sunday

2. It's an offence to possess 50kgs of potatoes in Western Australia

3. Taxi cabs in Queensland are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk

4. Bars are required to stable, water and feed the horses of their patrons

5. You must have a neck to knee swimsuit in order to swim at Brighton Beach (Melbourne)

6. The Summary Offences Act of 1966 deems it illegal to be heard by someone singing an obscene song. Does that include Taylor Swift? Oops...

7. It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar

8. It is illegal to dress up as Robin and Batman

Well, it appears the Prog Hunter has a beef in his balls about health care workers working in the public sector. I think he see taxpayers who pay for those public services as freeloaders. They're not. They're tax payers.

However, if I am taking his POV of the nth degree, why should I have to pay for surgeries and insulin and all the other associated health issues for people who can't stop stuffing their faces, or like to smoke. There would hardly be a person alive today who didn't start smoking in the era where they knew it was very bad for their health...

Well, it appears the Prog Hunter has a beef in his balls about health care workers working in the public sector. I think he see taxpayers who pay for those public services as freeloaders. They're not. They're tax payers.

However, if I am taking his POV of the nth degree, why should I have to pay for surgeries and insulin and all the other associated health issues for people who can't stop stuffing their faces, or like to smoke. There would hardly be a person alive today who didn't start smoking in the era where they you it was very bad for your health...

Oh jesus they are tax payers paying with your money.

That's another freedom I have that you dont, i just move to another state if taxes get to high and not have to leave the country

It's not a privilege in the USA like driving is, it is a right

That's your entire problem

I know it's a right in the US. Why do you think I made the distinction in the first place? And I don't find it a problem that it is a privilege here.

You must not live in the country or have as many wild animals that will eat you or kill you (or your kids , pets or livestock).. Or know a woman that in AussieLand CANT GET a handgun for maybe A MONTH when she's being threatened or stalked..

However, if I am taking his POV of the nth degree, why should I have to pay for surgeries and insulin and all the other associated health issues for people who can't stop stuffing their faces, or like to smoke. There would hardly be a person alive today who didn't start smoking in the era where they you it was very bad for your health...

That's another freedom I have that you dont, i just move to another state if taxes get to high and not have to leave the country

And it doesn't bother me because at some stage I will need that service too.

Huh? pfffttt...unless you live in Monaco or the Cayman Islands, everybody thinks they are getting overtaxed. I think we all are...

And it doesn't bother me because at some stage I will need that service too.

Huh? pfffttt...unless you live in Monaco or the Cayman Islands, everybody thinks they are getting overtaxed. I think we all are...

So you want to take a chance, die before you get it and some fatso or smoker reaps the fruit of your labor?

However, if I am taking his POV of the nth degree, why should I have to pay for surgeries and insulin and all the other associated health issues for people who can't stop stuffing their faces, or like to smoke. There would hardly be a person alive today who didn't start smoking in the era where they knew it was very bad for their health...
I think you're self-distracted here as well. Smokers and fat people pay taxes. Plenty drink to excess yet you notably don't mention them. Sin taxes are obviously nothing to the rich, a tremendous burden upon the poor, while all tend to self-medicate, whether legally or illegally, largely to remain sane and productive in an insane world.

You have a much higher homicide rate. You also have a massively higher death rate - not just homicides, but accidental and suicide rate - due to your guns. No thanks...

It's not as high as many media fact checkers make it to be.. And that HOMICIDE rate is LARGELY confined (almost completely confined) to the big BLUE cities that refuse to confiscate guns from gang bangers..

Nah, it's pretty high compared to here.
Well, what do you expect when you have a proliferation of guns? Of course those that are at the low end of the scale in terms of economics and social standing are going to be more violent, live in shit housing and have low expectations. Things always go towards the lowest common denominator, including gun violence.

If you think the proliferation of GUNS is the only defining difference, you haven't looked at the parameters.. What is your rape, armed robbery, personal assault statistics compared to the USA? Do you have HUGE urban areas where 40 to 60% of teens are high school dropouts? Do you have hypocrites like we do in Hollywood that push the death count in their productions with maximum fire power and glorify gun violence -- then go hire ARMED security and take a whack at gun owners every chance they get...

As a Libertarian -- I'll give you that Capitalism needs some morals. ONE IS -- to stop pandering to power for hand-outs in return for campaign donations.. THis govt/corporate collusion thing really ROTS the free markets.. Allows GOVT to pick winners and losers..

Another is that they've spit on their customer relations and service.. Too many MBAs trying to gain pennies out of the profit margin with JustInTime warehousing and delivery and recommending unlisted phone numbers or email for customer feedback.. THAT and the PRIVACY issues really suck.. Making corporations look insensitive and outright evil to a lot of people..

Also -- since we LACKED the problem solvers and leaders we deserve -- when we sent all our supply chains to Asia -- according to the global trade vision - we were SUPPOSED to be encouraging the development of 21st Automated manufacturing HERE.. We did not.. And I'm not complaining that POLITICIANS didn't solve this.... But I am complaining that our REGULATIONS on business became increasingly onerous and antagonistic to business..

Do you think the Obama era had tight regulations? If so, please explain how the stock market climbed 149% under Obama.

The DJIA was 7,949.09, when he took office.
When he left office, the DJIA was 19,732.40.

And for clarity sake, I am speaking of the DJIA which is an examination of the performance of 30 stocks. Here are the stocks that were in the DJIA in 2012:

1586405407941.png

Energy, Pharma, Banks....all heavy regulated industries.

Pure, and utter horse shit. Liberals and conservatives get along fine, and work together all of the time.

You batshit crazy progressive statists, on the other hand, want to control every aspect of people's lives because your lives suck, so you want to screw up every one elses.

Wow...more profanity and insults....didn't see that coming. LOL

Sure they do. But when you put a hard core conservative into a situation where he is asked to give up for the greater good...you get...well you. Who thinks any sacrifice is an attempt to control every aspect of someone's life. Case in point; gun control.
No, you get you. I have been a supporter of charitable causes all over the world. Progressives, like you, only take. You never give.

Sure you have....make me laugh harder. Yet you support your blob who thinks kids he put in cages are not entitled to soap and toothpaste.

Pure, and utter horse shit. Liberals and conservatives get along fine, and work together all of the time.

You batshit crazy progressive statists, on the other hand, want to control every aspect of people's lives because your lives suck, so you want to screw up every one elses.

Wow...more profanity and insults....didn't see that coming. LOL

Sure they do. But when you put a hard core conservative into a situation where he is asked to give up for the greater good...you get...well you. Who thinks any sacrifice is an attempt to control every aspect of someone's life. Case in point; gun control.
Gun control is not, and never has been, for the greater good, though.

Sure it has.

You have a much higher homicide rate. You also have a massively higher death rate - not just homicides, but accidental and suicide rate - due to your guns. No thanks...

It's not as high as many media fact checkers make it to be.. And that HOMICIDE rate is LARGELY confined (almost completely confined) to the big BLUE cities that refuse to confiscate guns from gang bangers..

Nah, it's pretty high compared to here.
Well, what do you expect when you have a proliferation of guns? Of course those that are at the low end of the scale in terms of economics and social standing are going to be more violent, live in shit housing and have low expectations. Things always go towards the lowest common denominator, including gun violence.

If you think the proliferation of GUNS is the only defining difference, you haven't looked at the parameters.. What is your rape, armed robbery, personal assault statistics compared to the USA? Do you have HUGE urban areas where 40 to 60% of teens are high school dropouts? Do you have hypocrites like we do in Hollywood that push the death count in their productions with maximum fire power and glorify gun violence -- then go hire ARMED security and take a whack at gun owners every chance they get...

As a Libertarian -- I'll give you that Capitalism needs some morals. ONE IS -- to stop pandering to power for hand-outs in return for campaign donations.. THis govt/corporate collusion thing really ROTS the free markets.. Allows GOVT to pick winners and losers..

Another is that they've spit on their customer relations and service.. Too many MBAs trying to gain pennies out of the profit margin with JustInTime warehousing and delivery and recommending unlisted phone numbers or email for customer feedback.. THAT and the PRIVACY issues really suck.. Making corporations look insensitive and outright evil to a lot of people..

Also -- since we LACKED the problem solvers and leaders we deserve -- when we sent all our supply chains to Asia -- according to the global trade vision - we were SUPPOSED to be encouraging the development of 21st Automated manufacturing HERE.. We did not.. And I'm not complaining that POLITICIANS didn't solve this.... But I am complaining that our REGULATIONS on business became increasingly onerous and antagonistic to business..

Do you think the Obama era had tight regulations? If so, please explain how the stock market climbed 149% under Obama.

The DJIA was 7,949.09, when he took office.
When he left office, the DJIA was 19,732.40.

And for clarity sake, I am speaking of the DJIA which is an examination of the performance of 30 stocks. Here are the stocks that were in the DJIA in 2012:

View attachment 320941

Energy, Pharma, Banks....all heavy regulated industries.

Oh jesus, once again quantitative easing

I think you're self-distracted here as well. Smokers and fat people pay taxes. Plenty drink to excess yet you notably don't mention them. Sin taxes are obviously nothing to the rich, a tremendous burden upon the poor, while all tend to self-medicate, whether legally or illegally, largely to remain sane and productive in an insane world.

I am not distracted here I know how much people pay for a pack of smokes in red states compared to blue cities for example.

That's Dr. Grump problem and people in socialist countries they dont know really how much taxes they pay

Forum List

Back