Are ventilators really essential?

Once a person is sick enough to need a ventilator, they usually die.

I think most people think itā€™s like football players getting some oxygen on the sidelines.

How many people who are blasting Trump for not providing enough ventilators to hospitals even know how they work?

Stop parroting the mock outrage by the press. Itā€™s really dumb.

Sad but true. With this particular pneumonia even Deep State fraud Tiny Tony Fauci would admit it is 50/50 at best. Well he is a documented liar so maybe he will claim they cure the patients. Meanwhile the anti-Malaria tablet combined with zinc or whatever cures 100% of patients that Tiny Tony and the MSM/DNC claim is fake.

Once a person is sick enough to need a ventilator, they usually die.

I think most people think itā€™s like football players getting some oxygen on the sidelines.

How many people who are blasting Trump for not providing enough ventilators to hospitals even know how they work?

Stop parroting the mock outrage by the press. Itā€™s really dumb.

Trump is sending Ventilators to people who actually need them, not to people who have 1000s stacked up and may need them in the far distant future. But this does not stop journalists from being anti-American bigots.

Raise your hand if you know how a ventilator works.

Patient is sedated and lungs are paralyzed. Itā€™s a last ditch action. We donā€™t need as many ventilators as is claimed by the media.
I know how they work. People are sedated because itā€™s uncomfortable. Their lungs arenā€™t paralyzed (usually), this isnā€™t a polio epidemic. Their lungs are stiff, inflamed and canā€™t absorb oxygen easily. Theyā€™re necessary when the virus causes severe inflammation called ARDS.

Fuckstain Cuomo has stockpiles, yet the stupid media blasts Trump.

Do the math, itā€™s unlikely they will all be used, much less have a dramatic shortage.

Patient is sedated and lungs are paralyzed. Itā€™s a last ditch action. We donā€™t need as many ventilators as is claimed by the media.
I know how they work. People are sedated because itā€™s uncomfortable. Their lungs arenā€™t paralyzed (usually), this isnā€™t a polio epidemic. Their lungs are stiff, inflamed and canā€™t absorb oxygen easily. Theyā€™re necessary when the virus causes severe inflammation called ARDS.

They are not used in every COVID situation. The media would have you believe so. If you know how they work, you know they are end of life. They are not commonly used.

We probably don't need as many as claimed, but that isn't really how the whole ventilator thing works

From a retired anesthesiologist-

With Covid-19 cases, I have had the same question myself. There really can be no accurate answer for a specific patient in a specific hospital because it depends on how sick they are, how frail, and maybe how early in their course you decide to give them that support. If they have been holding their own with the viral pneumonia but then deteriorate because of a simultaneous bacterial infection that we can treat, supporting them with a ventilator while treating the bacterial infection makes sense and buys the time they need to survive.

With Covid-19 cases, the only specific data Iā€™ve found is that survival rates for patients requiring mechanical ventilation is around 65%, decreasing to about 50% in the elderly. I donā€™t know the source of that data, though, so itā€™s not really useful for all the reasons listed earlier.

They are not used in every COVID situation. The media would have you believe so. If you know how they work, you know they are end of life. They are not commonly used.

Depends on what you mean by commonly. Theyā€™re used in hospitals all the time. They are not end of life. Far from it. If ventilation were futile, they wouldnā€™t be used in the first place.

Oh for Fucks sake.
Would you morons just stop?
If you can't understand why the patients will die without one, then you shouldn't talk about it.
The shear ignorance of people and this thing is off the charts.

Depends on what you mean by commonly. Theyā€™re used in hospitals all the time. They are not end of life. Far from it. If ventilation were futile, they wouldnā€™t be used in the first place.

Like the drugs Darunavir, Nelfinavir, Saquinavir, Moexipril; the chemotherapy drugs Daunorubicin and Mitoxantrone; the painkiller Metamizole; the antihistamine Bepotastine; and the antimalarial drug Atovaquone.

You need a ventilator for your brain

You need a writer.
E60D8894-F9F8-47D1-AE90-A13278475816.jpeg

Oh for Fucks sake.
Would you morons just stop?
If you can't understand why the patients will die without one, then you shouldn't talk about it.
The shear ignorance of people and this thing is off the charts.

I didnā€™t say they die without one. I am saying not everyone with Wuhan virus needs a ventilator. Please tell me you arenā€™t so stupid to not know the difference.

Not right now....California proved that. Despite the Governor declaring they would need MORE ventilator beds they just turned over something like 500 beds to the Govt national stockpile for distribution to states ho might end up needing them. Hopefully they will not be needed.

You need a ventilator for your brain

You need a writer.
View attachment 320224

Are you available to babysit tonight. You seem like a good person.

Like the drugs Darunavir, Nelfinavir, Saquinavir, Moexipril; the chemotherapy drugs Daunorubicin and Mitoxantrone; the painkiller Metamizole; the antihistamine Bepotastine; and the antimalarial drug Atovaquone.

What was your point? You googled a list of drugs you know nothing about?

Forum List

Back