What does the Bible say about Transgenderism?

Doesn't the bible also say that slavery is a good thing, that you should stone a child who misbehaves, that people who work on the sabbath are to be killed Exodus 35:2,that eating shrimp is a abomination in the eyes of God, that eating pork is a abomination in the eyes of god?

How did you get "sexual arousal and gratification" out of verses that SIMPLY DISCUSS the length of hair on men and women?

And didn't even notice the "kneeling man" in the pic I posted. Surprised that is YOUR interpretation tho !!! LOL
I simply posted it so you explain WHY those Corithian verses you say -- "men with long hair are a disgrace". Apparently, whoever wrote Corithians didn't meet Jesus in person.

Again the verses you quoted to PROVE "gender is discussed" in the Bible are these.

Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a wife to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, 15

WHERE'S the discussion of GENDER? This is about the 2 sexes. Not the 49 genders.
The Bible doesn't talk about transgenderism, but states that God only created two genders of man and woman. Where do you get 49 genders? Who have you been hangin' with lol?

The quotes you mentioned probably has to do with homosexuality and transvestitism or the two sexual aberrations which the Bible condemns.

The Bible doesn't talk about transgenderism, but states that God only created two genders of man and woman. Where do you get 49 genders? Who have you been hangin' with lol?

The quotes you mentioned probably has to do with homosexuality and transvestitism or the two sexual aberrations which the Bible condemns.

the same bible also says people can't eat fat Lev 3:17, can't eat pork Lev 11:7-8, can't eat shrimp or anything lacking fins or scales Deuteronomy 14:9-10, planting two different crops side by side Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics lev 19:19, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping the edges of your beard Lev 19:27, tattoos Lev 19:28, can't work on the sabbath Exodus 35:2

There is also slavery in the bible.{an evil that no one approves of today}

Also says people can beat slaves

Exodus 21:20–21 says, “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

The number of words and lessons in the Bible that must be overlooked to even get to something called "transgenderism" is incalculable...but that being said...if you want to change your gender for some kind of fad I would suggest you wait and really give it some serious thought...

I cannot see why religion has the right to condemn trannies. It's none if anyone's business. There's no God to pass any judgement. They don't interfere with anyone but you guys are paranoid about destroying THEIR RIGHT to do what they want. Imagine if they campaigned against your freedoms.
You people think you can impose your religious beliefs on society like you are on some divine crusade. Mind you own business.

Doesn't the bible also say that slavery is a good thing, that you should stone a child who misbehaves, that people who work on the sabbath are to be killed Exodus 35:2,that eating shrimp is a abomination in the eyes of God, that eating pork is a abomination in the eyes of god?
Ignorance. By the time of Christ very few Jews owned slaves because they were focused on loving their fellow man. Killing went before the court. If two people were killed in a seventy year period, it was known as a bloody court. New Testament states that goes into the body is not unclean, but what comes out from the heart may be unclean.

Our Biblical ancestors would get a real kick out of rules here in the United States that made the way into Law. And be dismayed, even shocked, by the bloodiness of our own courts. So keep on yucking it up.

the same bible also says people can't eat fat Lev 3:17, can't eat pork Lev 11:7-8, can't eat shrimp or anything lacking fins or scales Deuteronomy 14:9-10, planting two different crops side by side Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics lev 19:19, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping the edges of your beard Lev 19:27, tattoos Lev 19:28, can't work on the sabbath Exodus 35:2
Responding to the transgender issue by discussing Biblical dietary issues and dress codes. I'm betting if someone want to discuss a news article from today, you would respond with your shopping list. ;)

There is also slavery in the bible.{an evil that no one approves of today}

Also says people can beat slaves

Exodus 21:20–21 says, “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.
Lol, what is that from? You must live in ancient times or couldn't figure it out.

I cannot see why religion has the right to condemn trannies. It's none if anyone's business. There's no God to pass any judgement. They don't interfere with anyone but you guys are paranoid about destroying THEIR RIGHT to do what they want. Imagine if they campaigned against your freedoms.
You people think you can impose your religious beliefs on society like you are on some divine crusade. Mind you own business.
Did I say condemned?...no I didn't...

49 was an educated estimate based on pop culture literature. If ya haven't been keeping up with the number of genders -- here's a roadmap..

R.08681469bf363d5b51e9d36b2186e72c

That's ONLY 32. New York City officially recognizes 31 in their DEI programs.

But -- it goes up as high as the 60s and 70s.. I averaged.. LOL.

64 Terms That Describe Gender Identity and Expression
Why it matters
A-D
E-H
I-P
Q-Z
Takeaway

What the Bible says About Being Male and Female
By

The New York City Council recently passed a bill that allows New Yorkers to designate an “X” for their sex on their birth certificates if they don’t identify as either male or female. Additionally, a parent can do the same thing for their newborn children. The measure was passed by a vote of 41-6.
City Council Speaker Corey Johnson justified the action saying: “There are plenty of New Yorkers who don’t identify as either male or female. Gender is a spectrum for many folks, and it’s not a fixed thing. So for New Yorkers who are transgender, who are gender non-conforming, who are non-binary, to have an option to better self-identify on such an important document, their birth certificate, unlocks all sorts of things for them.”

Similar actions were taken by the States of Washington, Vermont, California, and Oregon, as well as the District of Columbia. The language of the Washington State directive is eye-popping, “a gender that is not exclusively male or female, including, but not limited to, intersex, agender, amalgagender, androgynous, bigender, demigender, female-to-male, genderfluid, genderqueer, male-to-female, neutrois, nonbinary, pangender, third sex, transgender, transsexual, Two Spirit, and unspecified.”1
The list is chilling, indicating just how far the revolutionaries are willing to go to remove any sense of limits. The enlightened will accept the changes. Only the dark reactionaries will reject them.
Although the temptation is real, these new classifications cannot be rejected as “just plain silly.” Nor can one take the libertarian attitude, claiming that government has no business telling people how they may define themselves. This thinking requires a response. The purpose of this article is to define five responses – legal, historical, scriptural, societal, and moral.
The legal response is the most complicated. Those who advocate these changes claim that it is a mere substitution of one word for another. This is a typical radical tactic; present a massive change as though it is trivial.
What Does Saint Thomas Say About Immigration?
Consider how one’s sex affects an individual’s dealing with the government or any other official entity. The radicals are now working hard to remove it from such actions as getting married and having children. One’s sex is still vital in determining all aspects of life. Any changes will radically affect getting into college, joining sports teams, deciding child custody, or enlisting in the military. The legal system has been bending over backward to attempt to accommodate those who call themselves homosexual. Chaos will erupt as each of these “genders” demands their own special set of legal “rights.”
Complicating the legal situation would be those who would wish to change their “gender.” Many of these terms have no legal definition – creating definitions is exclusionary. Would one “gender” entitle a person to a greater amount of legal protection? Would that person automatically lose the protections that attached themselves to their previous “gender?” The possibilities are endless.
The nature of such change is also important as part of the historical record. Today’s marriage licenses, drivers’ licenses, wills and other documents will become historical documents. Until now, they have accurately reflected the roles and numbers of men and women in our society. By taking away that factual information, and substituting a changeable opinion about the way that an individual wants to be known, that record will be permanently obscured.
Holy Scripture discusses the nature of humans as either male or female in at least four places:
  • Genesis 1:27 – And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
  • Genesis 5:2 – He created them male and female; and blessed them: and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
  • Matthew 19:4-5 – Who answering, said to them: Have ye not read, that he who made man from the beginning, Made them male and female? And he said: For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they two shall be in one flesh.
  • Mark 10:6 – But from the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female.
What does Saint Thomas Aquinas say about Marriage?
Note that the same words are used in all four places. Individuals are created as male or female. There is no room for any other reasonable interpretation.
Society is regulated by unwritten customs and by written codes of law. An individual who rejects a certain set of identifications will still need to interact with those who accept and embrace them. Customs and laws regulate how people treat those who are unlike themselves. By creating so many different conditions, most of which are not obvious, the already tenuous connections with each other grow more complicated. At best, there will be confusion; at worst, real violence could take place.
[like url=ReturnToOrder.org]
Finally, there is the moral dimension. Human beings have struggled with the morality of the relationships between male and female since Adam and Eve. Sexual morality and immorality are a constant source of contention in society. The moral rules, as outlined by Holy Mother Church, are relatively simple. The ways of breaking those rules make up a very long list, and each of them carries their own set of consequences.
Eventually, the plethora of “genders” will create so much confusion that society just breaks down. That will suit the revolutionaries because they will be standing at the ready to reassemble the pieces according to their own design.
Jesus was non-binary.

So as far as all science and the Bible go, there are two sexes and only two, male and female. Anything that refutes the idea of more than the two sexes?

So as far as all science and the Bible go, there are two sexes and only two, male and female. Anything that refutes the idea of more than the two sexes?
Troll bait. Looking to waste someone's time with childish, pedantic, semantic tripe. Grow up.

49 was an educated estimate based on pop culture literature. If ya haven't been keeping up with the number of genders -- here's a roadmap..

R.08681469bf363d5b51e9d36b2186e72c

That's ONLY 32. New York City officially recognizes 31 in their DEI programs.

But -- it goes up as high as the 60s and 70s.. I averaged.. LOL.

64 Terms That Describe Gender Identity and Expression
Why it matters
A-D
E-H
I-P
Q-Z
Takeaway

When I had my covid vaccine shot I had to fill out a medical form, and had like 5-6 genders listed. I checked male. I guess there was no space for 32 on the form.

Show us scientific proof that there are more than two sexes, can you or are you trolling again?
Your challenge to me is the trolling. You are begging for a ten page semantic debate, when most functional adults understand the difference between scientific definition of sex and gender identity psychology. In fact, I doubt we even disagree on much here. But you will find a way anyway. Booooring.

If your takeaway from the bible is that slavery or violence are good things then you are reading the bible wrong.

No, nothing to refute that. But clearly there was a recognition of homosexuality. But still only two genders.

Your challenge to me is the trolling. You are begging for a ten page semantic debate, when most functional adults understand the difference between scientific definition of sex and gender identity psychology. In fact, I doubt we even disagree on much here. But you will find a way anyway. Booooring.

Dont know why people DENY genders. There are 2 scientific BIOLOGICAL ones, maybe 4 or 6 others recognized by the "pseudo-science" of psychology.

Most of the rest are just like astrological signs. They are created out feelings and "self-declarations" and just to be unique.

Forum List

Back