What does the Bible say about Transgenderism?

Plus i think many of the rules in the bible were for a tribe that existed many years ago.
And many work for all of mankind no matter in what time they were living. I would be in a world of hurt if I began sobbing over how much of the Bible has nothing to do with me.

Like the bible mentions stuff such as raping a virgin and getting away with it by paying the girl's father some coin.
Mohar, or a bride's price. In Jewish culture the groom's family paid a bride's price even when rape was not an issue. In other words, raping a girl and being forced to marry her did not get the young man out of paying a bride's price.

In other cultures, the bride's family paid the groom's. (Dowry)

In today's culture, my future husband and I exchanged tax returns and called it good.

Read the each portion looking for what the original author was saying to his original audience
And then, compare them to see a wealth of historical accuracies, contradictions, and examples of primitive, illiterate, superstitious people's attempts to understand their world.

And then, compare them to see a wealth of historical accuracies, contradictions, and examples of primitive, illiterate, superstitious people's attempts to understand their world.

I heard that back in the olden days they believed that stuff could be cured by leeches and bloodletting and if someone sailed too far they would fall off the world.

I heard that back in the olden days they believed that stuff could be cured by leeches and bloodletting and if someone sailed too far they would fall off the world.

Well sure, because they knew nothing about anything. The top sientists and mathematicians of the world were grappling with inventing the concept of "zero" , a round earth, and a solar cetric model of our solar system. These are things the average 5 year old understands today. If this was the cutting edge of the tiny intellectual elite of the planet 3000 years ago, imagine the crazy stuff the average illiterate goat herder believed.

It took another 2500 years to finally accept that the earth revolved about the sun, despite the fact that ALL the tools were available 2000 years ago to definitvely prove this. One doesn't have to be a top historian to understand what stunted human development for millennia: religion.

Last edited:
We sure, because they knew nothing about anything. The top sientists and mathematicians of the world were grappling with inventing the concept of "zero" , a round earth, and a solar cetric model of our solar system. These are things the average 5 year old understands today. If this was the cutting edge of the tiny intellectual elite of the planet 3000 years ago, imagine the crazy stuff the average illiterate goat herder believed.

It took another 2500 years to finally accept that the earth revolved about the sun, despite the fact that ALL the tools were available 2000 years ago to definitvely prove this. One doesn't have to be a top historian to understand what stunted human development for millennia: religion.

Those TV preachers who preach against LGBT people while pocketing money are gonna be in big trouble if Jesus ever comes back.

Jesus said himself that rich people suck.

Those TV preachers who preach against LGBT people while pocketing money are gonna be in big trouble if Jesus ever comes back.

Jesus said himself that rich people suck.

Does'nt the Bible say money is the root of all evil?

People who love money are evil.
No way! See?:

AP_20154066105580.jpg

I believe the root of all "evil" is failure to take accountability which is usually driven by love of self or pride.

Really not seeing the same thing looking into Corinthians 11:14-16.

I'm not a New Test. scholar for sure.. But this whole discussion is about EXPECTIONS for men and women. No where NEAR a discussion of "gender" but of biological foundations of the 2 sexes.

And the concept that men with long hair "is a disgrace" is NOT ANYTHING that EVER made an impression on Christians in ANYWHERE in history.. Certainly NOT in the roots of Hebrew history either. Not very influential verses it seems.

Like please explain THIS pic below.

OIP.t4TalRDLaK1AaRrQXvKmWgHaHa
It's not about hair, but about sexual arousal and gratification by dressing in the underwear and clothes of the opposite sex. I doubt the man kneeling is doing it in order to perform oral sex, but adoring Jesus for his return.

It's not about hair, but about sexual arousal and gratification by dressing in the underwear and clothes of the opposite sex. I doubt the man kneeling is doing it in order to perform oral sex, but adoring Jesus for his return.

How did you get "sexual arousal and gratification" out of verses that SIMPLY DISCUSS the length of hair on men and women?

And didn't even notice the "kneeling man" in the pic I posted. Surprised that is YOUR interpretation tho !!! LOL
I simply posted it so you explain WHY those Corithian verses you say -- "men with long hair are a disgrace". Apparently, whoever wrote Corithians didn't meet Jesus in person.

Again the verses you quoted to PROVE "gender is discussed" in the Bible are these.

Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a wife to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, 15

WHERE'S the discussion of GENDER? This is about the 2 sexes. Not the 49 genders.

Forum List

Back