What Does The Bible REALLY Say About Queer People?

The left only embraces the bible when it can be used to destroy the "burgoise" society. When it can't the. The bible gets burned. Personally, I like the teachings of Jesus but my appreciation of the New Testament isn't because i happen to find some part of it that agrees with the progressive agenda. I find it useful for dealing with liberals because it allows me to forgive the first assholes who open their mouths with communist rhetoric.
Jesus was plenty liberal, and his first believers lived what you'd call communism. Read up on it.

Communism=liberalism. Thanks for clarifying.

The left only embraces the bible when it can be used to destroy the "burgoise" society. When it can't the. The bible gets burned. Personally, I like the teachings of Jesus but my appreciation of the New Testament isn't because i happen to find some part of it that agrees with the progressive agenda. I find it useful for dealing with liberals because it allows me to forgive the first assholes who open their mouths with communist rhetoric.
Jesus was plenty liberal, and his first believers lived what you'd call communism. Read up on it.

Nope, nothing of the kind. You'd read up on Jesus, early Christians, and Liberalism.

My original point still stands, you are using the bible to justify your hatred when other parts of the bible command us to love the sinner. How do you reconcile this since you are using the exact same rationale as those Westborough jerks to say that gays do not deserve the same rights you have and that it is OK to treat them like scum in defiance of Jesus' greatest commandment?

"Love the sinner - NOT the sin"

I can not tell you what Jesus would say about perverts, but I can't help but believe that he wouldn't look kindly on any pervert - but that's me. Perverts are perverts, whether they be child molesters, homosexuals or any of the other perversions.

Because a man-made "government" tells you it's acceptable doesn't make it so. Rome was the pillar of government in it's day. Then came Caligua.

All laws are man-made, even the biblical ones, Until God shows up personally to clarify his position we are left with our interpretations. The commandment of love thy neighbor translates directly to the equal protection clause, which says that rights cannot be denied to entire groups of people. Part of loving your neighbor involves not treating them like second-class citizens.

You have God's laws confused with man's. And He DID show up to clarify. We called Him Emanuel when He made His appearance. And no where does the Bible tell us that loving our neighbor means condoning any abhorrent behavior our neighbor chooses to indulge in. If fact God said avoid those neighbors lest you be caught up in their sinful behavior. There's your protection.
And just for the sake of argument, if all laws are man made, then no one is under any obligation to love any one. Unless of course you are conceding that that one law you cherry picked came from a higher authority. Pick a lane dude.
I said it all comes down to interpretation, you choose to interpret the scriptures to mean that God Hates Fags, I have a more loving and inclusive interpretation. Who's to say who is wrong? God does not seem to be willing to weigh in on the controversy, plenty of mere humans willing to put words in his mouth. My sense of righteousness is based on a strict Christian upbringing, how that same philosophy could have produced so many hateful people is a mystery.

God doesn't hate "fags" He hates their sin. God is all loving but He has rules

I think gay people should get left alone. I've seen plenty of examples of workplace discrimination against them. It is often not fair because in many cases they are doing there jobs better than everyone. I've also seen a case where a company only hires and promotes gays. In either case it can't be stopped because it's impossible to enforce anti discrimination laws.

Homosexual sex is a sin with the penalty of stoning to death. It is one of the most severe in the Bible. There's no getting around that one.
Yep. Ranks right up there with eating a pork chop or wearing blended fabrics.

Another clown quoting Mosaic and Ceremonial law which were directed towards the Jews, not Gentiles
The stoning to death thing was also directed towards the Jews, not Gentiles.

I can not tell you what Jesus would say about perverts, but I can't help but believe that he wouldn't look kindly on any pervert - but that's me. Perverts are perverts, whether they be child molesters, homosexuals or any of the other perversions.

Because a man-made "government" tells you it's acceptable doesn't make it so. Rome was the pillar of government in it's day. Then came Caligua.

All laws are man-made, even the biblical ones, Until God shows up personally to clarify his position we are left with our interpretations. The commandment of love thy neighbor translates directly to the equal protection clause, which says that rights cannot be denied to entire groups of people. Part of loving your neighbor involves not treating them like second-class citizens.

You have God's laws confused with man's. And He DID show up to clarify. We called Him Emanuel when He made His appearance. And no where does the Bible tell us that loving our neighbor means condoning any abhorrent behavior our neighbor chooses to indulge in. If fact God said avoid those neighbors lest you be caught up in their sinful behavior. There's your protection.
And just for the sake of argument, if all laws are man made, then no one is under any obligation to love any one. Unless of course you are conceding that that one law you cherry picked came from a higher authority. Pick a lane dude.
I said it all comes down to interpretation, you choose to interpret the scriptures to mean that God Hates Fags, I have a more loving and inclusive interpretation. Who's to say who is wrong? God does not seem to be willing to weigh in on the controversy, plenty of mere humans willing to put words in his mouth. My sense of righteousness is based on a strict Christian upbringing, how that same philosophy could have produced so many hateful people is a mystery.

I think gay people should get left alone. I've seen plenty of examples of workplace discrimination against them. It is often not fair because in many cases they are doing there jobs better than everyone. I've also seen a case where a company only hires and promotes gays. In either case it can't be stopped because it's impossible to enforce anti discrimination laws.
Not impossible, just hard. It requires honest people and there aren't many of those in America.

Nope, nothing of the kind. You'd read up on Jesus, early Christians, and Liberalism.

You just said that Jesus was liberal and his followers lived in communism.

My original point still stands, you are using the bible to justify your hatred when other parts of the bible command us to love the sinner. How do you reconcile this since you are using the exact same rationale as those Westborough jerks to say that gays do not deserve the same rights you have and that it is OK to treat them like scum in defiance of Jesus' greatest commandment?

It seems God built the sin into them. He really must hate fags to create someone who is bound to sin, be constantly filled with guilt, be treated as a pariah and never really be happy. Or, it could be that all that hate, guilt and public stigma are nothing but the societal meddling of ancient hypocrites who also wanted to force their narrow morality on the public.

I'm more than tolerant towards the majority of them and personally I could care less what they do but when they start trying to force it on me I'm going to push back. As they get more out of control you'll see more people doing just that. It's already starting

Thanks for playing :) And Jesus would never have tolerated homosexuality, He would follow the Bible
Funny he never mentioned it, he must not have felt it was that important.

Ne never mentioned murder or pedophiles either....you fail....again :) Best you run along, I'm slaying you, badly
If you think so, to me you are looking like a flaming hypocrite. Jesus commanded that we love our neighbor, I don't remember any exceptions.

Well you started out with eating pork was sin and went down hill from there, cut your losses and run along. You came, you saw and I kicked your ass :)
Love the sinner, hate the sin is how it goes. Like I said before, my neighbor had a lesbian couple living next to him. We invited them over to drink beer in the back yard. Had great times, but they knew I didn't agree with their lifestyle, but I never treated them badly.

It seems God built the sin into them. He really must hate fags to create someone who is bound to sin, be constantly filled with guilt, be treated as a pariah and never really be happy. Or, it could be that all that hate, guilt and public stigma are nothing but the societal meddling of ancient hypocrites who also wanted to force their narrow morality on the public.

The jury is still out on whether homosexuals are born homosexual.

I said he was plenty liberal, he was also totally fucking nuts, and that how the early Christians lived would be communism to you, it was communal.

Not really, most are. If you have a good eye you can stop them very early.

That would be Satan, he wants everyone to be miserable, just the way liberals want it.

I said he was plenty liberal, he was also totally fucking nuts, and that how the early Christians lived would be communism to you, it was communal.
People who live in communes are communists.:)

Only with people who hate homosexuals and reject everything they say about the personal experience of being gay. The gay people say they were always gay and I tend to believe the first-hand accounts rather than the people who only want them to go back in closet and stay there.

Only with people who hate homosexuals and reject everything they say about the personal experience of being gay. The gay people say they were always gay and I tend to believe the first-hand accounts rather than the people who only want them to go back in closet and stay there.

Please quote scientific evidence they are born homosexual. I won't wait while you conduct a futile search

Forum List

Back