What Does The Bible REALLY Say About Queer People?

Noah's Ark is one of my favorite fairy tales.

noahs_ark.jpg

noahs-beaver-problem.jpg
A boat full of shit, literally, and they forgot the fish of course.

I thought we couldn't use the bible in any way to shape public policy so if it says we must welcome all gays then, because it came from the bible, we can't do that. That is what I have been told.

Ne never mentioned murder or pedophiles either....you fail....again :) Best you run along, I'm slaying you, badly
If you think so, to me you are looking like a flaming hypocrite. Jesus commanded that we love our neighbor, I don't remember any exceptions.

Well you started out with eating pork was sin and went down hill from there, cut your losses and run along. You came, you saw and I kicked your ass :)
My original point still stands, you are using the bible to justify your hatred when other parts of the bible command us to love the sinner. How do you reconcile this since you are using the exact same rationale as those Westborough jerks to say that gays do not deserve the same rights you have and that it is OK to treat them like scum in defiance of Jesus' greatest commandment?

"Love the sinner - NOT the sin"

I can not tell you what Jesus would say about perverts, but I can't help but believe that he wouldn't look kindly on any pervert - but that's me. Perverts are perverts, whether they be child molesters, homosexuals or any of the other perversions.

Because a man-made "government" tells you it's acceptable doesn't make it so. Rome was the pillar of government in it's day. Then came Caligua.

All laws are man-made, even the biblical ones, Until God shows up personally to clarify his position we are left with our interpretations. The commandment of love thy neighbor translates directly to the equal protection clause, which says that rights cannot be denied to entire groups of people. Part of loving your neighbor involves not treating them like second-class citizens.

Um - no.

If you think so, to me you are looking like a flaming hypocrite. Jesus commanded that we love our neighbor, I don't remember any exceptions.

Well you started out with eating pork was sin and went down hill from there, cut your losses and run along. You came, you saw and I kicked your ass :)
My original point still stands, you are using the bible to justify your hatred when other parts of the bible command us to love the sinner. How do you reconcile this since you are using the exact same rationale as those Westborough jerks to say that gays do not deserve the same rights you have and that it is OK to treat them like scum in defiance of Jesus' greatest commandment?

I can not tell you what Jesus would say about perverts, but I can't help but believe that he wouldn't look kindly on any pervert - but that's me. Perverts are perverts, whether they be child molesters, homosexuals or any of the other perversions.

Because a man-made "government" tells you it's acceptable doesn't make it so. Rome was the pillar of government in it's day. Then came Caligua.

All laws are man-made, even the biblical ones, Until God shows up personally to clarify his position we are left with our interpretations. The commandment of love thy neighbor translates directly to the equal protection clause, which says that rights cannot be denied to entire groups of people. Part of loving your neighbor involves not treating them like second-class citizens.

You botched eating pork being sinful, why should anyone take your limited Biblical knowledge serious?
I know a great deal about the bible, more importantly, I understand what Jesus expected of us since his words are the only ones I have ever considered binding. All the rest is rationalizations and escape hatches from his pseudo-Buddhist philosophy.

noahs_ark.jpg

noahs-beaver-problem.jpg

apparently men were so busy telling you to be offended, they forget to explain to you, eggs, the size of infant animals, and the amount of animal species on the earth during the time of Noah, and the difference between two canines, and 2,000 different breeds of canine. They all fit very nicely. You have lions and tigers and house kitties, and pumas and cheetahs, and panthers, where Noah only needed room for 2 felines. Your little mental boat won't even float! You need God for the correct blueprints.

noahs_ark.jpg

noahs-beaver-problem.jpg

apparently men were so busy telling you to be offended, they forget to explain to you, eggs, the size of infant animals, and the amount of animal species on the earth during the time of Noah, and the difference between two canines, and 2,000 different breeds of canine. They all fit very nicely. You have lions and tigers and house kitties, and pumas and cheetahs, and panthers, where Noah only needed room for 2 felines. Your little mental boat won't even float! You need God for the correct blueprints.

Hmmm, sounds like you may believe in evolution...

Ne never mentioned murder or pedophiles either....you fail....again :) Best you run along, I'm slaying you, badly

You have God's laws confused with man's. And He DID show up to clarify. We called Him Emanuel when He made His appearance. And no where does the Bible tell us that loving our neighbor means condoning any abhorrent behavior our neighbor chooses to indulge in. If fact God said avoid those neighbors lest you be caught up in their sinful behavior. There's your protection.
And just for the sake of argument, if all laws are man made, then no one is under any obligation to love any one. Unless of course you are conceding that that one law you cherry picked came from a higher authority. Pick a lane dude.

You have God's laws confused with man's. And He DID show up to clarify. We called Him Emanuel when He made His appearance. And no where does the Bible tell us that loving our neighbor means condoning any abhorrent behavior our neighbor chooses to indulge in. If fact God said avoid those neighbors lest you be caught up in their sinful behavior. There's your protection.
And just for the sake of argument, if all laws are man made, then no one is under any obligation to love any one. Unless of course you are conceding that that one law you cherry picked came from a higher authority. Pick a lane dude.

Bravo! I always like how the left tries to explain "Endowed by our Creator". Tickles the hell out of me.

^^^^ Word :)

noahs_ark.jpg

noahs-beaver-problem.jpg

Hmmm, nope. I believe in adaption. Monkeys will always be monkeys, and man will always be man, even though both are capable of adapting to their environment.

noahs_ark.jpg

noahs-beaver-problem.jpg

Hmmm, nope. I believe in adaption. Monkeys will always be monkeys, and man will always be man, even though both are capable of adapting to their environment.
And where did these things that have always been come from?

The left only embraces the bible when it can be used to destroy the "burgoise" society. When it can't the. The bible gets burned. Personally, I like the teachings of Jesus but my appreciation of the New Testament isn't because i happen to find some part of it that agrees with the progressive agenda. I find it useful for dealing with liberals because it allows me to forgive the first assholes who open their mouths with communist rhetoric.

You botched eating pork being sinful, why should anyone take your limited Biblical knowledge serious?
I know a great deal about the bible, more importantly, I understand what Jesus expected of us since his words are the only ones I have ever considered binding. All the rest is rationalizations and escape hatches from his pseudo-Buddhist philosophy.

Then you know nothing abut the Bible except what you pick and choose to use to try to make a point. Christ is all through the Bible you reject. Without the Bible the only Jesus you would have ever heard of are the ones in Major League Baseball....

I said it all comes down to interpretation, you choose to interpret the scriptures to mean that God Hates Fags, I have a more loving and inclusive interpretation. Who's to say who is wrong? God does not seem to be willing to weigh in on the controversy, plenty of mere humans willing to put words in his mouth. My sense of righteousness is based on a strict Christian upbringing, how that same philosophy could have produced so many hateful people is a mystery.

The left only embraces the bible when it can be used to destroy the "burgoise" society. When it can't the. The bible gets burned. Personally, I like the teachings of Jesus but my appreciation of the New Testament isn't because i happen to find some part of it that agrees with the progressive agenda. I find it useful for dealing with liberals because it allows me to forgive the first assholes who open their mouths with communist rhetoric.
Jesus was plenty liberal, and his first believers lived what you'd call communism. Read up on it.

I said it all comes down to interpretation, you choose to interpret the scriptures to mean that God Hates Fags, I have a more loving and inclusive interpretation. Who's to say who is wrong? God does not seem to be willing to weigh in on the controversy, plenty of mere humans willing to put words in his mouth. My sense of righteousness is based on a strict Christian upbringing, how that same philosophy could have produced so many hateful people is a mystery.

God doesn't hate "fags" He hates their sin. God is all loving but He has rules

God doesn't hate "fags" He hates their sin. God is all loving but He has rules
Why, exactly, would God be all loving? Didn't seem to have much love during the slaughters of the OT, not to mention the flood eh?

Forum List

Back