What Does The Bible REALLY Say About Queer People?

The ideal of hating the sin and loving the sinner is so contrary to human nature that few true Christians can do so and so called Christians don't even try.

Racial, sexual, and religious prejudices are rooted in the lack of understanding which sows the seeds of fear and fear turns quickly into hatred.

What is this? A Star Wars rerun?

Again, we have no problem with repentant sinners. I'm a repentant sinner. We have guys there that committed adultery, and theft, and one was in prison...

But here's the kicker.... None of them said "Oh well I'm made this way!" or "Well I was born with a desire to cheat on my wife repeatedly" or any number of other excuses.

They all admitted it was sin, and repented.

If you are willing to repent... all is forgiven. You say "I was a homosexual, and slept with men, but it is sin, and I repent, and will never do that again"..... Welcome to the club. We all done sinful things. This is the house of repentant people. If you are one of us, welcome!

But... if you say "no no, it's not sin, the Bible doesn't say that, and I was born this way, and you should accept me blaw blaw blaw"

Then you are not one of us. And you are not welcome here. This is what being a Christian is all about. Sin, and repenting. If you don't get that, then you missed the entire point of the Bible.
No, the kicker is most homosexuals do not believe that what they are doing is any more sinful than what heterosexuals are doing. Heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex and have sex; homosexuals are attracted to the the same sex and have sex. Imagine telling heterosexuals what they are doing is a sin, so stop doing it. Their reaction would be the same as homosexuals.

The kicker there is...... *I* do not believe that homosexuals are doing anything more sinful that what others do.

Sin is sin. If you are sleeping with your girl friend....... you sinning. No worse, or better, than that of a homosexual.

G-d defined how relationships work, and what was pure, and what isn't.

Now, if Homosexuals do not believe what they are doing is sin at all.... they are wrong. I don't care what they think. I don't make the rules, and homos don't make the rules. G-d made the rules... and that's all there is to that.

Thanks for stopping by. Not much more to add to that. :)
You're free to believe as you choose as long as those beliefs don't turn into actions that infringe on the rights of others.

If you mean me telling other people how to run their business, yeah, I have no intention of doing that.

If you mean others telling me whom I must serve... no. I will continue to operate according to my faith, and if you don't like that... too bad. You can't stop me. You can fine me... you can arrest me... you can imprison me... you can even kill me. But no, you will not stop me.

Bake a cake and shut up!

Again, we have no problem with repentant sinners. I'm a repentant sinner. We have guys there that committed adultery, and theft, and one was in prison...

But here's the kicker.... None of them said "Oh well I'm made this way!" or "Well I was born with a desire to cheat on my wife repeatedly" or any number of other excuses.

If you are willing to repent... all is forgiven. You say "I was a homosexual, and slept with men, but it is sin, and I repent, and will never do that again"..... Welcome to the club. We all done sinful things. This is the house of repentant people. If you are one of us, welcome!

But... if you say "no no, it's not sin, the Bible doesn't say that, and I was born this way, and you should accept me blaw blaw blaw"

Then you are not one of us. And you are not welcome here. This is what being a Christian is all about. Sin, and repenting. If you don't get that, then you missed the entire point of the Bible.
No, the kicker is most homosexuals do not believe that what they are doing is any more sinful than what heterosexuals are doing. Heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex and have sex; homosexuals are attracted to the the same sex and have sex. Imagine telling heterosexuals what they are doing is a sin, so stop doing it. Their reaction would be the same as homosexuals.

The kicker there is...... *I* do not believe that homosexuals are doing anything more sinful that what others do.

Sin is sin. If you are sleeping with your girl friend....... you sinning. No worse, or better, than that of a homosexual.

Now, if Homosexuals do not believe what they are doing is sin at all.... they are wrong. I don't care what they think. I don't make the rules, and homos don't make the rules. G-d made the rules... and that's all there is to that.

You're free to believe as you choose as long as those beliefs don't turn into actions that infringe on the rights of others.

If you mean me telling other people how to run their business, yeah, I have no intention of doing that.

If you mean others telling me whom I must serve... no. I will continue to operate according to my faith, and if you don't like that... too bad. You can't stop me. You can fine me... you can arrest me... you can imprison me... you can even kill me. But no, you will not stop me.

Bake a cake and shut up!
Ok.
SSM-Cake-Finished.jpg

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

Answer:
The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

What does the Bible say about homosexuality Is homosexuality a sin
The Bible has been wrong before... lets not forget mere mortal men (many of them over centuries) wrote the Bible. Homosexuality is a proven genetic issue---God gives life, therefore God created gays (however you want to spin it). Research and learn---epigenetics. Oh, the sun does not revolve around the Earth--the "wrong" that the church imprisoned Galileo over. It sucks when illusions start to crumble.

The ideal of hating the sin and loving the sinner is so contrary to human nature that few true Christians can do so and so called Christians don't even try.

Racial, sexual, and religious prejudices are rooted in the lack of understanding which sows the seeds of fear and fear turns quickly into hatred.

You're proof that religion fosters bigotry.

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

Answer:
The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

The Bible has been wrong before... lets not forget mere mortal men (many of them over centuries) wrote the Bible. Homosexuality is a proven genetic issue---God gives life, therefore God created gays (however you want to spin it). Research and learn---epigenetics. Oh, the sun does not revolve around the Earth--the "wrong" that the church imprisoned Galileo over. It sucks when illusions start to crumble.

I always love it when leftists say something is "proven", and what they mean is, "We've been repeating this talking point so long that you should just assume there's proof somewhere."

Think and learn: no one is going to change their beliefs because you pompously inform them that you, in your infinite wisdom, have discovered they're doing it wrong.

What's it really say about queer people?

Nothing. Nothing whatsoever.

Comdemns some religious sexual practices by competing religions and cults around at the time, but says nothing about people primarily attracted to their own sex.

It condemns such acts when men do it, doesn't mention when women do it and as a result it's technically permitted. But it never says anything about the attraction or inclination, just the actual acts. And it's vaguely worded at that given how explicit it is in regards to other things. "Lie with man as man lies with women..." So what, no missionary position?

At the end of the day of course, it's the religious text of a middle eastern religion over 3,000 years old. Really have to wonder how desperate a person is they grab a hold of that one particular religion among over 25,000 other discrete religious systems as the only true one. Ignorant and lazy is my guess. Are much older systems still extant afterall, so shouldn't the older ones be 'more valid' than newer ones? If not, why are the older religions where God gave his will to humans less valid than a newer one which built upon the older?

Judaism didn't come out of thin air. It's based on the previous religion practiced by the Babylonians. All written religions are just rehashing the dominant prior faith. If you yank one out of the middle of this progression and claim it's the only true one, you're a complete imbecile.

How many churches will risk their tax exempt status in order to reject gay marriage? It's coming

How many churches will risk their tax exempt status in order to reject gay marriage? It's coming

It is?! Gosh, I thought you guys said it wasn't about attacking Christians and churches, it was just about two people who wuuuvvv each other being together. In fact, I'm quite, QUITE sure we were told, over and over, that we were just being paranoid by thinking this push for legal sanctions of same-sex marriage was about oppressing Christians.

Now you tell us that you were lying the whole time? Or were you just a useful idiot who's only now been given the updated squawking points memo on the subject?

I'm shocked, I tell you. SHOCKED.

Bake a cake and shut up!

How tolerant of you. I thought you people supported freedom of speech? Was that a lie, or are you a hypocrite on the matter? Do as I say, not as I do, apparently isn't limited to Baptist preachers I see.

Do you realize what you just did? Like 10 pages of leftists screaming that the gaystapo is not coming for churches.... and you right there, proved all of them liars, by openly admitting you are coming to force your will on churches.

The answer to your question is, most churches will not. But for those like me, and my church, we will. Absolutely.

You're proof that religion fosters bigotry.

Proud of it. Freedom of speech not so great huh? Freedom of religion not so great huh?

Sucks to be you, we can vote too. Too bad eh?

Bigotry is only bad if you are wrong. Since I know for a fact, that I am not wrong, happy to be a Bigot to you. :)

Answer:

I don't care. Having sex is genetic too. Being a Christian means denying your genetic urges, except when conforming to Biblical morality. So, I don't have sex with my neighbors wife... no matter how much my genetic urges push me too.

Same with homosexuality.

As for the Bible being wrong, nah. I've heard that song and dance from pagans long enough to know it isn't true.

How tolerant of you. I thought you people supported freedom of speech?

That isn't a question but you did have a question mark at the end. I can't answer it unless you rephrase it.

Who is "you people" ? Am I a part of a group in your eyes? To which group am I connected?

Was that a lie, or are you a hypocrite on the matter?

I was advocating any laws. I was giving friendly advice. There is some bad things happening to people that refuse service to homosexuals. He would be better off just baking the cake. I wasn't advocating any laws. However most human beings are hypocrites at one time or another. Being contrary, paradoxical and conflicting is a part of the human experience. Yes. I am a hypocrite and so are you. I also breathe air.

Do as I say, not as I do, apparently isn't limited to Baptist preachers I see.

This is common among humans as well. On this particular subject I never denied service to a gay customer. I worked at a hotel for four years. There were many times that I suspected gay customers using our hotel for ungodly ceremonies of unnatural lusts.

What exactly are you accusing me of doing? I am not following your accusations therefore I am having a difficult time defending myself.

That isn't a question but you did have a question mark at the end. I can't answer it unless you rephrase it.

Who is "you people" ? Am I a part of a group in your eyes? To which group am I connected?

I was advocating any laws. I was giving friendly advice. There is some bad things happening to people that refuse service to homosexuals. He would be better off just baking the cake. I wasn't advocating any laws. However most human beings are hypocrites at one time or another. Being contrary, paradoxical and conflicting is a part of the human experience. Yes. I am a hypocrite and so are you. I also breathe air.

This is common among humans as well. On this particular subject I never denied service to a gay customer. I worked at a hotel for four years. There were many times that I suspected gay customers using our hotel for ungodly ceremonies of unnatural lusts.

What exactly are you accusing me of doing? I am not following your accusations therefore I am having a difficult time defending myself.

You were telling me to shut up. I refuse.

Not going to bake a cake for any SSM. Bad things happen to people all the time. But being punished for following my beliefs is something I will accept, and fight at the same time. Meaning, I will do my best to fight intolerance of my faith. But if needed I will pay the fine, and continue to practice my faith as I see fit.

Or perhaps I simply refuse, and see how far the gaystapo is willing to push this. Perhaps prison. Who knows. Preachers have already been sent to jail for preaching the Biblical truth about homosexuality, so we'll see.

But for certain.... we will not "bake a cake, and shut up". Not happening. Sorry.

Not going to bake a cake for any SSM. Bad things happen to people all the time. But being punished for following my beliefs is something I will accept, and fight at the same time. Meaning, I will do my best to fight intolerance of my faith. But if needed I will pay the fine, and continue to practice my faith as I see fit.

Or perhaps I simply refuse, and see how far the gaystapo is willing to push this. Perhaps prison. Who knows. Preachers have already been sent to jail for preaching the Biblical truth about homosexuality, so we'll see.

But for certain.... we will not "bake a cake, and shut up". Not happening. Sorry.

I was giving you some friendly advice. You are free to be destroyed by the monsters if you wish.

You never answered my question.

What did you mean when you said, "you people"?

So if you priest were gay, as permitted by the church, you would not attend services or bake him a birthday cake?
Either you will serve a gay or you are a bigot. You would reject the church as well?

Gays are the devils, just god's creation.

Hate is not what the christian should take from their faith.

$135,000 fine for refusing to bake cake

a lot of business that refuse service will go out of business

some churches will loose their tax exemption for denying law of land

Forum List

Back