What Do You Think It Means To Marry Your Best Friend?

He shouldn't trust me even though he has female friends as well? That makes perfect sense.
If other women weren’t drawn to him in any way, neither would you be. Peer group selection strategy is a key biological/psychological factor in women when it comes to selecting a mate.

Last edited:
Fact Check:

While many couples see remarriage as a second chance at happiness, the statistics tell a different story. According to available Census data, the divorce rate for second marriages in the United States is over 60% compared to around 50% for first marriages.
It depends. I have read that also.
And why I specified a 2nd marriage by mature adults, whose children are all grown.

If other women weren’t drawn to him in any way, neither would you be. Peer group selection strategy is a key biological/psychological factor in women when it comes to selecting a mate.

Here's an idea, why don't you mind your own business?

Don't post yours on the web if you don't want it talked about...
Truths a bitch.

The topic wasn't about having other friends as the opposite gender. It was about what it means to marry your best friend.

How? How does saying that we both married our best friend have anything to do with other kinds of friendships we have?
Friendship comes before "Love". Does it not? And if one selects the "Best", amongst those friends to mate with, or more appropriately marry...
How do you not see the obvious?

Friendship comes before "Love". Does it not? And if one selects the "Best", amongst those friends to mate with, or more appropriately marry...
How do you not see the obvious?

I fail to see how just because I have male friends that means that I'm going to wind up sleeping with them as if they always go together.

Me I have had many female friends but they and I'' kept our distance'' both physically and emotionally . It comes down to being mature enough to control ones self and show respect . I have had one serious relationship and so far thats all I wanted, one day that may change if I meet the right one. Anyone else but the right one just leads to trouble.

You are not speaking any truth.

You are only speking through your insecurities and inability to understand relationships on any level deeper than caveman.

The winner reaction isn't enough,.. we need a lottery one because you just hit the million with that response.

Mutual commitment to a lifetime relationship is, IMO, much deeper than 'best friends.' Example: When we raised horses, my wife actually slipped and fell into a metal horse trough and broke bones. She was put in a cast that precluded her from reaching her rear end in the bathroom. I helped with a smile on my face, good luck getting a 'best friend' to do that.....

Mutual commitment to a lifetime relationship is, IMO, much deeper than 'best friends.' Example: When we raised horses, my wife actually slipped and fell into a metal horse trough and broke bones. She was put in a cast that precluded her from cleaning up after going to the bathroom. Guess who did that?

Ouch! That had to hurt, but it's a really good thing that you were there for her.

Remember fjb - you are going to be happier than he ever will.

Being a true friend isn't about gender, it's about having fun with that person and enjoying their company. Also, if trust doesn't exist in a marriage or even a dating relationship then it's not even going to last.

Forum List

Back