What Do You Think It Means To Marry Your Best Friend?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Question from both me and the fiancée as we strongly believe that we can be both lovers and best friends but we don't know how to describe it too much or put it into words.

Question from both me and the fiancée as we strongly believe that we can be both lovers and best friends but we don't know how to describe it too much or put it into words.
For me, marrying my best friend would mean I was gay, so I don’t think that’s gonna happen anytime soon. :)

The USA is the divorce capitol of the world for a reason.

Nobody gives a damn about getting to KNOW the other person before getting married. Why the fuck would you marry someone you don't know?

I've worked with a few couples through the years that were high school sweeties and held out for marriage until after they went to college, or after they both had good paying jobs. They live happy lives because they had a very long courtship. Became friends, and got to really know each other. These people are usually the happiest and most well adjusted because of it.

Nobody goes through the courtship rituals anymore.

Nowadays it's heavy petting, heavy fucking, and then bye bye. Regardless of the time spent together.

That sure as hell isn't me, and thats why I stopped looking back in '97. Don't need that shit in my life.

If you want it to make sense, and want it to last, you HAVE to be friends first.........and get to know each other.

Why would you want to waste all that time and energy marrying or moving in with someone you don't anything about?

A couple I have known since high school in the 70s have been married all these years and when they first met they were I would say best friends from the very first meeting. They still do things together and call each other with a new joke they heard. Their social friends refer to them as ''the best buds.'' It's not easy to find a relationship like that with a man and woman it does me good to just see it in others.

The saddest couples in the world are those that married too quickly, or became involved too quickly, only to find out later that he or she really doesn't like the other person at all. If they had just waited awhile they would have walked away.

I think there's too much "hype" over the idea of marrying your best friend. My wife and I were very compatible and we lived together for a year before we got married. We were also in our early 30s and both had accomplished a lot before we met. Definitely we had issues early in the marriage but worked through them and over time, she and I become best friends. But that's us, every couple is different.

What Do You Think It Means To Marry Your Best Friend?​

Best-friends-who-are-also-married GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

There is a reason why 2nd marriages are generally whole levels better than 1st marriages.
NOW - when I say 2nd marriage, I am talking about getting married again after being married for yeeears with someone else. Not a situation where you got married, divorced in a year or 2 or 3, and remarried again. That is a whole other thing.

One LARGE reason why this is true, is the 2nd marriage happens when you are a fully mature adult. And after you have had sex literally several thousand times, so sex is a peripheral. It is nothing more than a given benefit, everything else is way-way ahead of it.
A first marriage when you are young... unfortunately sex is a major reason for doing it. Even though they think it doesn't. Truth is, especially for males, sex is always front and center when you are in your 20s.

It would mean you were gay...

There is a reason why 2nd marriages are generally whole levels better than 1st marriages.
NOW - when I say 2nd marriage, I am talking about getting married again after being married for yeeears with someone else. Not a situation where you got married, divorced in a year or 2 or 3, and remarried again. That is a whole other thing.

One LARGE reason why this is true, is the 2nd marriage happens when you are a fully mature adult. And after you have had sex literally several thousand times, so sex is a peripheral. It is nothing more than a given benefit, everything else is way-way ahead of it.
A first marriage when you are young... unfortunately sex is a major reason for doing it. Even though they think it doesn't. Truth is, especially for males, sex is always front and center when you are in your 20s.
Fact Check:

While many couples see remarriage as a second chance at happiness, the statistics tell a different story. According to available Census data, the divorce rate for second marriages in the United States is over 60% compared to around 50% for first marriages.

It would mean you were gay...

Umm most of my friends in my lifetime have been guys and I'm a woman. Same goes for him as he's mostly been friends with the opposite sex as well. Neither of us are bothered by it for the record. We're not that insecure.

Umm most of my friends in my lifetime have been guys and I'm a woman. Same goes for him as he's mostly been friends with the opposite sex as well. Neither of us are bothered by it for the record. We're not that insecure.
Then he probably shouldn't trust you. No offense. That's a standards practice of women who "keep their options open" , and ensure a padded fall. Sorry, not sorry. Just the facts...

Then he probably shouldn't trust you. No offense. That's a standards practice of women who "keep their options open" , and ensure a padded fall. Sorry, not sorry. Just the facts...

He shouldn't trust me even though he has female friends as well? That makes perfect sense.

Forum List

Back