What do you see in the Jacob Blake video?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I see a black man calmly walking to his car, with police pursuing him, guns drawn. I can't see them but from what I read his children are in the car. He refuses to listen to the cops and is shot several times in the back. My opinion is that it was unnecessary force to shoot the man. Two cops should have been able to tackle and subdue an unarmed man.

I also think Blake's actions are those of a man trying to commit suicide by Cop. He is clearly not in his right mind as no Father would endanger his kids that way. What do you think?

As for his actions, actually he looked inebriated to me, but that isn't serious. As for the first part of your post, absolutely, and my departed dad who retired after twenty-two years as a cop would definitely agree, too.

I see a black man calmly walking to his car, with police pursuing him, guns drawn. I can't see them but from what I read his children are in the car. He refuses to listen to the cops and is shot several times in the back. My opinion is that it was unnecessary force to shoot the man. Two cops should have been able to tackle and subdue an unarmed man.

I also think Blake's actions are those of a man trying to commit suicide by Cop. He is clearly not in his right mind as no Father would endanger his kids that way. What do you think?
you got a link to that???
cause the video shows a completely different set of events,,,

I don't know....except I agree on that part and watching the video was awful. Watching bullets pumped into a man at close range in front of his kids....

There have to be better ways of handling these situations.

I don't know....except I agree on that part and watching the video was awful. Watching bullets pumped into a man at close range in front of his kids....

Watching bullets pumped into a man at close range in front of his kids....

When the asshole resists arrest and gets into the car his kids are sitting in, where
exactly should they have shot him?

Or should they just let him drive away with 3 kids in the car?

Like what?

Name that "better" way given the circumstances.
So easy to be an armchair savior.
Can cops read his mind? Was he going for a gun? was he going to kill his children then himself?

Correct: YOU DON'T KNOW

But I suggest you never dial 911

there is,,,
its called doing what your told and dont threaten and fight the cops when youre in the wrong,,,

pretty simple solution,,,

He had a knife in his left hand.
He may have been reaching for a gun in the car.
Justified shooting.
He did not have a knife in his hand,
you fucking liar.

1598635062120.png

Durr.

Not very bright to walk to your car with kids in it, when you have police telling you to stop. That is child endangerment...Hope they bring a social worker and take his kids away.

My opinion is that you should have gotten more information before jumping to an opinion.

You know why the cops had their guns drawn in the video snippet you saw? Because just before that snippet, they had already tried your suggestion, and he resisted arrest and wrestled away from them. They also tried Tasing him, but it apparently didn't work. Oh, also, when he was reaching down into the car - a bad idea in and of itself in a situation like that, since the cops have no way of being sure what you're doing - there was a knife discovered on the driver's side floorboard of the car. So there's that.

Watching bullets pumped into a man at close range in front of his kids....

When the asshole resists arrest and gets into the car his kids are sitting in, where
exactly should they have shot him?

Or should they just let him drive away with 3 kids in the car?

Always assuming he was actually planning to get in the car and drive away. Under the circumstances, it was very reasonable of the cops to think he might have been reaching for a weapon. As I've said, we know a knife was found on the driver's side floorboard of the car.

I liked whichever hack media outlet it was that said, "Aside from the knife, he was unarmed." Yeah, and aside from my clothes, I'm naked. What the fuck are they babbling about?

Always assuming he was actually planning to get in the car and drive away. Under the circumstances, it was very reasonable of the cops to think he might have been reaching for a weapon. As I've said, we know a knife was found on the driver's side floorboard of the car.

I liked whichever hack media outlet it was that said, "Aside from the knife, he was unarmed." Yeah, and aside from my clothes, I'm naked. What the fuck are they babbling about?
And if it had been your son ?

Forum List

Back