What do you see in the Jacob Blake video?

Guy didn't listen to several officers telling him to stop, did something that could have posed a physical threat and got shot.

Listen to the men with the guns. Do not resist arrest, and really do not do something that may be construed as pulling a weapon while resisting arrest or they may well shoot you. Not super complicated...

Last edited:
I see a black man calmly walking to his car, with police pursuing him, guns drawn. I can't see them but from what I read his children are in the car. He refuses to listen to the cops and is shot several times in the back. My opinion is that it was unnecessary force to shoot the man. Two cops should have been able to tackle and subdue an unarmed man.

I also think Blake's actions are those of a man trying to commit suicide by Cop. He is clearly not in his right mind as no Father would endanger his kids that way. What do you think?
Here's the problem with that, Mike! You're right that the cops should have been able to tackle and subdue him. I guarantee you that's EXACTLY what would have happened a year ago. You know why it didn't happen now? Because cops aren't allowed to tackle and subdue suspects. They can't put them in a choke hold....they can't pin their torsos to the ground...they basically can't do ANYTHING that would actually subdue someone! So someone like Blake refuses to be arrested...gets Tasered twice and still continues to walk away from Police heading to his car and the Police can't do jack shit because they aren't allowed to "hurt" suspects anymore! So what happens? They shoot his ass! So you tell me how Blake is better off under the new "guidelines" for Police trying to make an arrest? Under the old ways of doing things he would have been gang tackled and slammed to the ground...he'd also never have been shot!

I see a black man calmly walking to his car, with police pursuing him, guns drawn. I can't see them but from what I read his children are in the car. He refuses to listen to the cops and is shot several times in the back. My opinion is that it was unnecessary force to shoot the man. Two cops should have been able to tackle and subdue an unarmed man.

I also think Blake's actions are those of a man trying to commit suicide by Cop. He is clearly not in his right mind as no Father would endanger his kids that way. What do you think?

I don't know....except I agree on that part and watching the video was awful. Watching bullets pumped into a man at close range in front of his kids....

There have to be better ways of handling these situations.

Yes... there is.....

Police Officer to suspect: Put your hands behind your back you are under arrest.

Suspect: Puts his hands behind his back to be cuffed because he is under arrest.

There....that is how the situation is handled........this all goes back on the violence of the suspects...

I believe all you fuckers defending what this cop did
would do it yourselves. Blast some black kid and not feel 2 seconds of remorse about it. Big man with a gun. If Jacob was your son, you'd be crying like a baby.

You are a moron, defending a violent felon who had a current warrant out for his arrest for felony sexual assault...........

You guys really are fucking stupid.

I saw what looked like a guy saying...the hell with this shit, I'm taking my kids and getting the hell out of here.

I saw what looked like a guy saying...the hell with this shit, I'm taking my kids and getting the hell out of here.

That's why you reach toward the floor of the driver seat instead of just getting into the car...right?

He had a knife in his left hand.
He may have been reaching for a gun in the car.
Justified shooting.
He never had a knife in his hand..nice try

1598725673373.png

I saw another black guy ignoring simple instructions.

The one thing that did surprise me was the great paying job he must have had to afford 6 kids at 29.

Makin' kids is not the same thing as paying for them.
Are you suggesting this guy was irresponsible and was relying on taxpayers to pay for all those kids?

As I understand it, he had children with a woman he's not only not married to, but doesn't live with. I don't know if he expected taxpayers to pay for the kids or he expected the mother to pay for them. But clearly, HE wasn't expecting to handle it.

Which is a dumbfuck thing to do, because you don't actually have the legal right to decide that when you're being arrested. Moron.

But was Blake unarmed?
EgWWk2lXgAISTvO.jpg

I'm not clear about whether or not the knife depicted here was involved in Blake's shooting, but if it or a similar weapon was ever in his hand, he was not unarmed.

Knife Recovered from Car that Jacob Blake Reached Into

Jacob Blake himself on Good Morning America today proved you wrong. You Antifa/BLM assholes burned down the city of Kenosha Wisconsin on a perpetrated lie

"At that point, I'm rattled," Blake recalled. "I realized I had dropped my knife, had a little pocket knife. So I picked it up after I got off of him because they tased me and I fell on top of him."
Blake always told investigators that he had a knife at the time of the incident, but it’s a detail that his lawyers initially denied based on eyewitness accounts.
Blake said he walked to the front of his vehicle toward the driver's side door so he could put the knife in the car. He said he intended to then surrender to police.
"I shouldn't have picked it up, only considering what was going on," he said. "At that time, I wasn't thinking clearly."
ABC News exclusive: Jacob Blake speaks out for 1st time since being shot by police (msn.com)

Forum List

Back