What do you see in the Jacob Blake video?

I see a black man calmly walking to his car, with police pursuing him, guns drawn. I can't see them but from what I read his children are in the car. He refuses to listen to the cops and is shot several times in the back. My opinion is that it was unnecessary force to shoot the man. Two cops should have been able to tackle and subdue an unarmed man.

I also think Blake's actions are those of a man trying to commit suicide by Cop. He is clearly not in his right mind as no Father would endanger his kids that way. What do you think?

I saw what was likely a drugged out of his mind criminal too stupid to obey police. He was tased, and didn’t make a difference. Maybe they could had rushed him and tackled him, by why risk it. If they don’t shoot and he hurts someone else like one of the kids, then it would had been the cop’s fault for not stopping a deranged lunatic.

I see a black man calmly walking to his car, with police pursuing him, guns drawn. I can't see them but from what I read his children are in the car. He refuses to listen to the cops and is shot several times in the back. My opinion is that it was unnecessary force to shoot the man. Two cops should have been able to tackle and subdue an unarmed man.

I also think Blake's actions are those of a man trying to commit suicide by Cop. He is clearly not in his right mind as no Father would endanger his kids that way. What do you think?

" My opinion is that it was unnecessary force to shoot the man. Two cops should have been able to tackle and subdue an unarmed man. "

a rational opinion.

where did you find it?

did someone give it to you?

where would a conservative get a rational opinion?

They tried to subdue him. They tried a tazer.
They tried telling him to get on the ground.

Should they be required to wait until he grabbed a gun from his car ?
(they had no way of knowing what he was going for)

I say the shooting was justified as unfortunate as it might be.

With the taser, they could've shot him and then connect another point with the taser gun itself. Else, I would've knocked him out (in the head) with my gun. Shooting him in the back would be one of the last things. I wasn't there but he got up after grappling with three officers would change things.

Always assuming he was actually planning to get in the car and drive away. Under the circumstances, it was very reasonable of the cops to think he might have been reaching for a weapon. As I've said, we know a knife was found on the driver's side floorboard of the car.

I liked whichever hack media outlet it was that said, "Aside from the knife, he was unarmed." Yeah, and aside from my clothes, I'm naked. What the fuck are they babbling about?
And if it had been your son ?

My son 1) wouldn't have an arrest warrant out for him, because he doesn't go around committing crimes, 2) wouldn't go to someone's house and start trouble so that the cops were called on him, 3) wouldn't fight with the cops and resist arrest, 4) wouldn't be dumb enough to reach into a car out of sight of the cops who had their guns drawn, in direct contradiction of what they were telling him to do, thus making them feel as if they were potentially in danger.

And if my son DID happen to make all of those incredibly bad and dumb choices, I wouldn't blame the cops for the consequences of his stupid actions. See, I'm not a leftist, and I don't decide my morals and principles based on my emotional outburst du jour. That's probably why none of my kids would have done any of the suicidally ignorant things Blake did.

They tried to subdue him. They tried a tazer.
They tried telling him to get on the ground.

Should they be required to wait until he grabbed a gun from his car ?
(they had no way of knowing what he was going for)

I say the shooting was justified as unfortunate as it might be.

With the taser, they could've shot him and then connect another point with the taser gun itself. Else, I would've knocked him out (in the head) with my gun. Shooting him in the back would be one of the last things. I wasn't there but he got up after grappling with three officers would change things.

Apparently, they did Taser him. Didn't work. And I think you've been watching too many action movies.

The police were called there to arrest Blake. The stories of him breaking up a disturbance between two women were false. I think he broke into his gf's residence and she called police. He may have had something in his hand which we don't know what it was. Furthermore, he has a criminal history,

“Jacob Blake has felony warrants for his arrest from crimes he committed prior to the shooting incident. Anyone with this classification level that we are guarding in the hospital would be treated in this manner,” Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Sgt. David Wright told CBS Chicago, which reported that, at the time of the shooting, “Blake was wanted on an arrest warrant for trespassing, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, and disorderly conduct.”

Apparently, they did Taser him. Didn't work. And I think you've been watching too many action movies.

I've had taser training and been shot with a taser. If you can take the pain, then making another connection point with the taser gun on the leg will put you down. The gun hurts more than the cartridge.

He had a knife in his left hand.
He may have been reaching for a gun in the car.
Justified shooting.
With all those peace officers around? He should have been cuffed, at the very least while resisting arrest.

He was too strong for them. He was able to shed the taser. He got up and started walking towards the driver's side and that is what we see in the first video. He probably was trying to drive away until he got shot.

I believe all you fuckers defending what this cop did
would do it yourselves. Blast some black kid and not feel 2 seconds of remorse about it. Big man with a gun. If Jacob was your son, you'd be crying like a baby.

I believe all you fuckers defending what this cop did would do it yourselves.

Yes, I would shoot an asshole with a knife who was resisting arrest if I thought he was going for a gun.

If Jacob was your son, you'd be crying like a baby.

Jacob, I taught you better than this, why were you so fucking stupid? Wah, my son was a fucking moron, now he's a paralyzed fucking moron! Wah.

Always assuming he was actually planning to get in the car and drive away. Under the circumstances, it was very reasonable of the cops to think he might have been reaching for a weapon. As I've said, we know a knife was found on the driver's side floorboard of the car.

I liked whichever hack media outlet it was that said, "Aside from the knife, he was unarmed." Yeah, and aside from my clothes, I'm naked. What the fuck are they babbling about?

I don't know....except I agree on that part and watching the video was awful. Watching bullets pumped into a man at close range in front of his kids....

There have to be better ways of handling these situations.

I didnt know kids where in the car

My son 1) wouldn't have an arrest warrant out for him, because he doesn't go around committing crimes, 2) wouldn't go to someone's house and start trouble so that the cops were called on him, 3) wouldn't fight with the cops and resist arrest, 4) wouldn't be dumb enough to reach into a car out of sight of the cops who had their guns drawn, in direct contradiction of what they were telling him to do, thus making them feel as if they were potentially in danger.

And if my son DID happen to make all of those incredibly bad and dumb choices, I wouldn't blame the cops for the consequences of his stupid actions. See, I'm not a leftist, and I don't decide my morals and principles based on my emotional outburst du jour. That's probably why none of my kids would have done any of the suicidally ignorant things Blake did.

I think that's what Angelo and the libs were hiding in his OP. Notice he just posted the first video and not the video from the reverse angle? He also didn't give any background to what happened nor any background of Jacob Blake. The NBA players are doing the same thing politicizing a police incident with a black person. It's just so to throw gasoline in a fire when emotions and accusations of racism are running sky high.

I think that's what Angelo and the libs were hiding in his OP. Notice he just posted the first video and not the video from the reverse angle? He also didn't give any background to what happened nor any background of Jacob Blake. The NBA players are doing the same thing politicizing a police incident with a black person. It's just so to throw gasoline in a fire when emotions and accusations of racism are running sky high.

I had the same talk with my son that most parents do around the time their kids start driving: In an encounter with the cops, you stay calm and polite, you keep your hands in sight, and you follow their instructions. If the cops are wrong, the time to address it is when you're safely in the police station (or court) with a lawyer present. That's what lawyers are FOR. Your job is to get yourself safely to the police station (or safely down the road with your ticket, as the case may be).

If my kid decides to be stupid enough not to follow my very good advice, I will of course be devastated and grieving. But I'm not going to blame other people for his choices.

I will never understand why people like Angelo insist on thinking with their glands.

I believe all you fuckers defending what this cop did would do it yourselves.

Yes, I would shoot an asshole with a knife who was resisting arrest if I thought he was going for a gun.

If Jacob was your son, you'd be crying like a baby.

Jacob, I taught you better than this, why were you so fucking stupid? Wah, my son was a fucking moron, now he's a paralyzed fucking moron! Wah.
I saw another black guy ignoring simple instructions.

The one thing that did surprise me was the great paying job he must have had to afford 6 kids at 29.

I will never understand why people like Angelo insist on thinking with their glands.
Fuck off trolls.
I'm apparently one of the few here
unafraid of speaking my own mind.

OP, didn't see it all. But looks like just another black man that refuses to follow police orders. I had heard, but am not sure, that they had tased him and could not subdue him.

White or black, you don't follow commands and are hell bent on going into the car, police can't take a chance and shoot you. Same with digging through you clothes and not putting your hands up.

Police should go on an nationwide strike for 2 weeks. If all this police bashing shit does not stop, police can take another 2 weeks off. Let people fend for themselves for a while.

Forum List

Back