What do you guys think of my new car I just picked up

That was a great great engine. Ahhhh the 70's land yachts
What i finally figured out, that in 1990s when i got that monster, i would be doing 10,000 rpms and only doing 65 mph, while the Toyota was doing 70 and pushing 4,000 rpms, and it was all about the gearing. The Caddy has stupid rear end.

Last edited:
What i finally figured out, that in 1990s when i got that monster, i would be doing 10,000 rpms and only doing 65 mph, while the Toyota was doing 70 and pushing 40,000 rpms, and it was all about the gearing. The Caddy has stupid rear end.
That thing weighed around 5 thousand lbs and was 25 yrs older than the 90s

You could make 10 toyoters out of that cars steel

Quit being a pooper...lolol
Oh i did have an incident with that car. I had pulled up to a stop light in Roswell Georgia where the road went from 6 lanes down to two. I was in the middle lane, the right lane turned right and the left lane could turn left or go straight. To my left was this little old lady in a caprice classic. I figured that when the light would turn green, my 500 cu would have no problem in passing her to be in front while we hit the two laner , but when the light turned green, she stomped the accelerator, my jaw dropped and i punched my accelerator to the max. My tires which were brand new, smoked about a half in of rubber off of the rear ones, i almost caught the woman but she edged me out at the merge. Then she slowed down to 25 fucking miles per hour in a 45 mph zone for the next 5 miles. By the time we got to the next 4 lane every car that passed her, flipped her off. She was smiling all the way.

I will never be beat by a little old lady in a caprice classic ever again. I know better now.

I remembered this song because of her.

One of the luxuries of that year was front seat belts. They didn't worry about back passengers getting smashed up yet...lol
Seatbelts? Nothing that got in front me would stop that car, other than a freight train or Mac Truck. When parallel parking i would move the smaller cars who were sticking over the parking lines.

Olds 98 is a quality ride, I used to own the 1973 edition. Replaced a 1965 Deuce and a Quarter.

GM used to make a lot of quality vehicles.

DaPit.jpg

The memories that car would spark would easily be worth 5 grand.
Let me see what I can do for you and at least a price to pay. Give me a month

The key to these car are the interiors. An interior has to be in at least above av cond to consider

If the int looks like crap the car is crap. I look at the interior first

Body bumps and bruises are to be expected for 50 yr old cars

How in the hell did you steal that for three thousand bucks? That is an incredible deal on a beautiful car, I'd buy that for that price every day and twice on Sunday.
I probably look at 1000s of cars before i consider one, as dumb luck will find you. He wanted 5 and I offered 3,000

A museum quality car. Not a speck of dust and every bolt original is valued at 23,000

Followed by Excellent... Then Good..............................This car is Fair....... It is in good cond but there are body imperfections,, minor scratches, etc..It has a book value at 7300

Now you have to find someone who has 7300 to buy a 60 yr old car. To get 7k you'll wait at least a yr unless dumb luck finds you

Value of this car is 4500 bucks........................Finding parts for cars before 71 is getting tougher and tougher. Sometimes you'll take a huge beating. This is why you never pay more than 5k for these great looking junkers...lolol

The memories that car would spark would easily be worth 5 grand.
I did a quick search and found a 65. Your style was 60-64

We'll use this as an example. They want 5 and I'd pay 2500 tops

Overall the body looks in great cond and the car kooks like it was relatively well taken care of. Never garaged though. No interior pics. Don't know if convert works.

This car would have to start and not be a big oil or tranny leaker

Overall I'd pass at even 2500 unless the interior was at lest fair plus........This is just the first thing I found not shelled

1640455254342.png

1640455323833.png

1640455355935.png

I did a quick search and found a 65. Your style was 60-64

We'll use this as an example. They want 5 and I'd pay 2500 tops

Overall the body looks in great cond and the car kooks like it was relatively well taken care of. Never garaged though. No interior pics. Don't know if convert works.

This car would have to start and not be a big oil or tranny leaker

Overall I'd pass at even 2500 unless the interior was at lest fair plus........This is just the first thing I found not shelled

View attachment 579740
View attachment 579741
View attachment 579742
I had a 65 too, as well as a 72. The 63 is the only one that I have an emotional connection to, though.

Forum List

Back