What do You Gun Supporters Think of This....

I carry a Glock 21, and its safety gives not much confidence, so I haven't been carrying a round chambered. Figure the likelihood of not being able to rack a round vrs having an accident with a chambered Glock is not so good.

But still the Martin-Zimmerman episode made it clear that you cannot always have the other hand free to chamber a round.

So I have decided to do this instead. I am going to carry a rubber bullet chambered. That way if the gun goes off accidentally it is unlikely it will seriously hurt anyone. But if I cant get my other hand to my gun, I can just fire twice to get lethal force.

It also gives me the option of using a less lethal shot to aid in negotiations should the need arise.

It isn't perfect, but it seems the best solution for all factors considered.

Any thoughts?

Rubber bullets are better than real ones.

I carry a Glock 21, and its safety gives not much confidence, so I haven't been carrying a round chambered. Figure the likelihood of not being able to rack a round vrs having an accident with a chambered Glock is not so good.

But still the Martin-Zimmerman episode made it clear that you cannot always have the other hand free to chamber a round.

So I have decided to do this instead. I am going to carry a rubber bullet chambered. That way if the gun goes off accidentally it is unlikely it will seriously hurt anyone. But if I cant get my other hand to my gun, I can just fire twice to get lethal force.

It also gives me the option of using a less lethal shot to aid in negotiations should the need arise.

Any thoughts?

Rubber bullets are better than real ones.

Yeah, how many libtard gun grabbing fascists have slammed on guns and or gun owners then one day it comes about someone tries to break into their home and SHAZAM! The fucktard had been keeping a gun THE WHOLE TIME and shoots the perp.

I would not be surprised if you own a gun and keep hollow points in it chamered 24/7.

I know of at least three things they have gotten wrong: a. an arrow cannot be shot that will split another arrow down the shaft, b. that a bullet fired up into the air cannot come down and injure anyone significantly, and c. that a collection of mirrors trained onto the exact same spot will set wood on fire.

These guys are running a show and do not bother themselves to research how the supposed myths were actually done. They did not research how arrows were made in the middle ages, or consider how many people might be in an area where someone shoots up into the air and how the bullet airflow can often cause the bullet to come down tip first, etc.
They are in the entertainment business, not serious research business.

Their biggest mistake with the falling bullet was because neither of them are ballisticians. A rifle bullet will not tumble...because they can leave the muzzle spinning 1,000,000RPM. (2500fps from a 12" twist barrel is 900,000RPM.) The gyro effect means they will come down base or nose first.

depending on the bullet probably would fall on its tail heavy end first

a wad cutter maybe would fall on its side which slow it down even more

and that is only if they are shot straight up

and came straight down

if the bullet at its highest point retained energy to continue to spin on the fall

it obviously would fall head or tail first

\

Julian Hatcher ran many tests on firing bullets straight up. They always came down base first and the closest they came to original point of firing was 60 feet IIRC.

Their biggest mistake with the falling bullet was because neither of them are ballisticians. A rifle bullet will not tumble...because they can leave the muzzle spinning 1,000,000RPM. (2500fps from a 12" twist barrel is 900,000RPM.) The gyro effect means they will come down base or nose first.

and came straight down

if the bullet at its highest point retained energy to continue to spin on the fall

\

Julian Hatcher ran many tests on firing bullets straight up. They always came down base first and the closest they came to original point of firing was 60 feet IIRC.

At large holiday celebrations and in dense municipal downtown areas, it is very feasible for someone near-by to get hit by a returning bullet.

and came straight down

\

thanks for that

i could see it falling on its side

only if the weight of the bullet was uniform from front to back

but i suppose if there was not an outside influence

there would be no reason for the bullet to lay on its side

coming down

and came straight down

\

At large holiday celebrations and in dense municipal downtown areas, it is very feasible for someone near-by to get hit by a returning bullet.

i would say one of the bigger dangers is to not have the firearm straight up

cause the bullet to arc over some distance and return to earth

with gravity + the projectile remaining energy from being fired

i say this from being on the receiving end of a careless shooter

several years ago

luckily no one got hurt

and came straight down

\

Nimrods who do that never point straight up. They are always on a parabolic trajectory and yes, people CAN die from bullets fired that way. The only documented case I know of where someone actually fired straight up was a nimrod who shot his .44 magnum and the bullet came down two blocks away and hit an old lady in the wrist. It was bruised but did not break any bones.

and came straight down

\

thanks for that

i could see it falling on its side

only if the weight of the bullet was uniform from front to back

but i suppose if there was not an outside influence

there would be no reason for the bullet to lay on its side

coming down

The bullet has great stability because it is rotating at around 200,000 rpm. Once it runs out of velocity and can no longer climb it must conform to gravitational effect. It however is still rotating at nearly 200,000 rpm.

Any thoughts?

I think that is a pretty damn good idea! Never looked into rubber bullets. However, that would be a great alternative. With conceal carry coming to IL (eventually), I am thinking about it. I want to get an ankle gun. Keep it loaded with rubber bullets to seriously hurt anyone who is trying to hurt you and keep a live clip if needed!

Any thoughts?

I think that is a pretty damn good idea! Never looked into rubber bullets. However, that would be a great alternative. With conceal carry coming to IL (eventually), I am thinking about it. I want to get an ankle gun. Keep it loaded with rubber bullets to seriously hurt anyone who is trying to hurt you and keep a live clip if needed!

Bear in mind that, as someone has already pointed out, rubber bullets can be deadly at close ranges.

This is why I love my springfield 9mm (other thant he 19+1). The safety is on the handle, so it goes on and off when you grip the gun!

Any thoughts?

Bear in mind that, as someone has already pointed out, rubber bullets can be deadly at close ranges.

While I agree, I must also point out that ANY hard object is deadly at close ranges if the person knows how to use it; anything from a pencil to a large dictionary. There are frailties to the 'engineering' of the human body that can be exploited if you want to cause great harm.

Forum List

Back