What distinguished the Great Depression

We've lost our labor intensive industries that used to pay decent money. That's the difference. When your economy picks up and people need or want to buy more goods, it matters who builds the goods.

Our labor intensive industries becoming extinct while our population continues to grow.

Talk about your recipe for disaster.

In my parents' generation, the one-earner household in the middle/working class was commonplace. Today, the two-earner household in the same stratum is commonplace. That alone is the best measure of America's economic decline.

In my parents generation, one TV was deemed a luxury. One car was deemed a luxury. One pair of sneakers was deemed sufficient.

Americas desire for "more" is the cause of the economic decline.

This is why the cons HATE college educated people and higher education.

Too many of these people KNOW history and it makes it hard for them to rewrite it.

FDR was BELOVED by the American people at the time because the New Deal DID work.

In 1937 he tried to back off the spending and balence the budget, the economy tanked!

He then reupped the new deal and the recovery continued, then the we entered the war creating even MORE jobs.

How dishonest are the cons? VERY

FDR was responsible for an economy worse than the 7 Biblical lean years, he's not my hero. Never was, never will be.

Shows how STUPID you are, the mess was created under lack stewardship of our economy by the republican idiots who preceded FDR.

Keep trying to rewrite history at your own peril.

Too many of these people KNOW history and it makes it hard for them to rewrite it.

FDR was BELOVED by the American people at the time because the New Deal DID work.

In 1937 he tried to back off the spending and balence the budget, the economy tanked!

He then reupped the new deal and the recovery continued, then the we entered the war creating even MORE jobs.

FDR was responsible for an economy worse than the 7 Biblical lean years, he's not my hero. Never was, never will be.

Shows how STUPID you are, the mess was created under lack stewardship of our economy by the republican idiots who preceded FDR.

QUite partisan a statement my friend.
I suggest you learn about exactly how congress works before making an ass of yourself as you just did....AGAIN.

Our labor intensive industries becoming extinct while our population continues to grow.

Talk about your recipe for disaster.

In my parents' generation, the one-earner household in the middle/working class was commonplace. Today, the two-earner household in the same stratum is commonplace. That alone is the best measure of America's economic decline.

In my parents generation, one TV was deemed a luxury. One car was deemed a luxury. One pair of sneakers was deemed sufficient.

Yes we were eager participants and TV / Advertising was a major factor in that.

File:GDP depression.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old and tired, you are dead fucking wrong and History shows it.

Just becausse the right MAKES SHIT UP, it does not make it true.

Read this chart and realise the economy bottomed and then recovered when the New Deal was put in place.

The American people adored FDR because they felt the impact in their own lives.

You can now pretend it wasnt true but then you would just be a fucking liar.

Last edited:

Advertising may have been a major factor is helping us decide what we wanted, but there is no one to blame but ourselves for our decisions to buy.

I find it interesting how "industry" seems to be inserted quite frequently by many when discussing our own PERSONAL inefficiencis, deficiencies and poor decision making.

Seems to frequently be..."I wouldnt have if he didnt do it to me first"....and it is getting old.

Corporate advertising created the percieved need.

Blaming the people is just a cop out for those who benifit from the mind numbing barage we assault our childrens minds with from birth.

Read this chart and realise the economy bottomed and then recovered when the New Deal was put in place.

Your inability to read a chart and look at all factors as it pertains to the chronological sequence of things seems to be the reason you need to insert curses in your posts.

SO I guess if somone installs new insulation for the winter, and the temprature never dropped below 65 degrees that year, the fact that his heating bill went down by 150% is strictly due to the new insulation.

As for your cursing like that...I mean as an insult to me.....what are you.....12?

Advertising may have been a major factor is helping us decide what we wanted, but there is no one to blame but ourselves for our decisions to buy.

I find it interesting how "industry" seems to be inserted quite frequently by many when discussing our own PERSONAL inefficiencis, deficiencies and poor decision making.

Seems to frequently be..."I wouldnt have if he didnt do it to me first"....and it is getting old.

True, someone said in the congress approval thread that we deserve better. I am not so sure we do.
WE made this mess.
Blame Congress, industry, bankers, etc if you want. But WE voted for congress and put up with them and we do not use our buying power to show disapproval for Business and industry decisions. We loved our big new cars and how our homes doubled in value in 10 years, our stocks at a 500:1 PE ratio, easy credit, etc.
WE deserve what we have.

Last edited:
Corporate advertising created the percieved need.

Blaming the people is just a cop out for those who benifit from the mind numbing barage we assault our childrens minds with from birth.

Got it.

So you dont think for yourself...you do what the ad tells you to do.

Now I see why you believe what you believe.

I pity you TM....I pity all that are like you.

Funny....you cry when we call you "sheep" and then you cry and blame others when you admit to follow like sheep.

Hypoctrite is the word that comes to mind.

Last edited:

True, someone said in the congress approval thread that we deserve better. I am not so sure we do.
WE made this mess.
Blame Congress, industry, bankers, etc if you want. But WE voted for congress and put up with them and we do not use our buying power to show disapproval for Business ina industry decisions.
WE deserve what we have.

Yep...we made the mess but we are not willing to suffer the consequences...so we prefer to make our children suffer the consequences by borrowing from them.

WE made this mess.
Blame Congress, industry, bankers, etc if you want. But WE voted for congress and put up with them and we do not use our buying power to show disapproval for Business and industry decisions. We loved our big new cars and how our homes doubled in value in 10 years, etc.
WE deserve what we have.

Yep...and we all danced when we made money in the market....and now blame the market when we lose money.

Well...not we...I blame myself for every stupid move I made in my life. The beauty of America is freedom of choice to do what we want when we want...

People seem to forget that no one made them buy a dam thing......well...soon Pelosi will make sure that we MUST buy insurance....but I digress.

Hoover was another fucking Progressive, fuck him too

Did you bother to read the 2 paragraphs I posted regarding 1920-21?

WE made this mess.
Blame Congress, industry, bankers, etc if you want. But WE voted for congress and put up with them and we do not use our buying power to show disapproval for Business ina industry decisions.
WE deserve what we have.

Yep...we made the mess but we are not willing to suffer the consequences...so we prefer to make our children suffer the consequences by borrowing from them.

Pretty much and have been doing that bigtime for over 30 years.

If Hoover had just been smart like FDR and go on TV ;)

Hoover sucked. Why do you think they named vacuum cleaners after him?

Your inability to read a chart and look at all factors as it pertains to the chronological sequence of things seems to be the reason you need to insert curses in your posts.

SO I guess if somone installs new insulation for the winter, and the temprature never dropped below 65 degrees that year, the fact that his heating bill went down by 150% is strictly due to the new insulation.

As for your cursing like that...I mean as an insult to me.....what are you.....12?

This is a site for adults and I can curse all I want, You make some vauge defence of the R LIES and then spend all your time talking about my choice of words. I curse becausse I am FUCKING sick of the lies.

QUIT LYING and Ill quit cursing while talking to you.

The CHART clearly shows that course of the recovery and that it started the minute the New Deal was in place. Prove the lies you claim are not lies.

No I didnt because its revisionist history.

FOR decades the American people knew FDR saved this country, they didnt need to even read hisotry books to know it becasue they SAW it in their own lives. Now that most of those first hand people are no longer alive you idiots are trying to rewrite the history. FUCK OFF me and other educated people will refuse to stand by and watch you do it.

This is a site for adults and I can curse all I want, You make some vauge defence of the R LIES and then spend all your time talking about my choice of words. I curse becausse I am FUCKING sick of the lies.

The CHART clearly shows that course of the recovery and that it started the minute the New Deal was in place. Prove the lies you claim are not lies.

odd...bernake said that fdr did not spend enough and that it was it lingered and that was his justification for spending even more proportionally this time....

as for lies.....you tell so many you have come to believe they are the truth...

Did I say you cant curse on here? I just asked if you are 12 as I can see a 12 year old thinking that cursing someone out and calling them names with curses may work...but I cant see an adult thinking that.

As for the point I was making....you seemed to dodge it...like a 12 year old would...but regardless...the point is, there were many factors in play when the new deal started.....of course ogvernemtn fuinded projects will increase employment....but by no means was that the major contributing factor......simply one of many such as the war, the need for goods by the poublic.....Obsolesence of existing goods in the hands of the conusmer also played a major role...as it does with all recoveries.

But this may be too deep for you to understand.....you seem to want to say the dems are great and the reps are idiots.....so why consider reality...and basic economic facts.

Go back to class....you may learn something.

How is it you turds can claim that WWII ended the great depression and then not realise that was government spending?

New Topics

Forum List

Back