What difference does it make if being gay is genetic or if it's a choice?

I just can't figure out why you people care who another person is attracted to.

Life is short so if a same sex partner makes people happy who are any of you to stop them?

I don't care who they love. I do care that it is the law. Our society is dying the "death of 1000 cuts", and watering down marriage is simply one more cut.

Mark

I disagree.

Any and all citizens are entitles to all the legal protections as anyone else.

What do you care if two same sex people marry so that the partners can receive all the protections we as a society have agreed upon?

What does it matter when it comes decisions like medical care, or health insurance if a married couple is same sex or not?

On your last question, I agree as long as you mean it's between you, your employer, your insurance company, whoever, but it's not government regulation. Government should stay out of it

So you want to get rid of all anti-discrimination laws?

Yes. Government should not be allowed to discriminate. But government has no legitimate power to control the relationship between private citizens. Talk about being a slave to government
So then you want to go back to White only drinking fountains etc?

We benefit more as an inclusive society.

The more people that are included the happier and more productive they are.

Well, that's a totally vacuous statement since you were completely vague about what you meant. So let's go back to what I said.

Government drinking fountains could not be white only. Parks, government buildings, government schools, none cold do that. I said that. Sure, privately owned drinking fountains could be. Not that anyone would do that other than maybe some redneck bar on Boonieville where blacks wouldn't really want to go anyway.

Even the Montgomery Bus Company opposed the laws that forced their most loyal customers to the back of the bus and to stand, it was terrible for business. Pick up a history book. And that was 50s Alabama.

Public accommodation laws are a sledge hammer solution to a non-existent problem. Only a true government loving leftist would ever look at the reality of those laws and support them
you assume no one would do that again but I don't.

I have a feeling they would.

I don't find public accommodation laws to be a burden at all. And you might want to realize that the nonexistent problem you speak of is nonexistent because of public accommodation laws.

I just gave you the specific example that even in deep South Alabama the Montgomery Bus Company OPPOSED Jim Crow laws.

Note Jim Crow ... LAWS ... It was government that did that. And government is your solution to prevent it. See anything wrong with that at all?

One bus company in Alabama

Really?

How many other states had Jim Crow-esque laws on the books at the time?

And we have laws for all kinds of things I just don't see how anti-discrimination or public accommodation laws are so egregious compared to many others.

You don't know the significance of the Montgomery Bus Company? Seriously?

I want to the heart of the beast, Alabama in the 50s to make the point that businesses care only about serving one color, green. That we are looking for a reason to not do business with people is moronic. Customers are our target. Think about it.

So you have not demonstrated any significant discrimination from private businesses ever. I pointed out that the most prolific case ever of discrimination, which was even a quasi government company and not free market, needed the riders and opposed driving them away.

So make the case what good the sledge hammer of power you give government does

you haven't demonstrated any significant lack of discrimination.

One example is hardly proof.

And tell me how is it a sledge hammer?

You really think anti-discrimination laws and public access laws are tantamount to taking a sledgehammer to your freedoms?

I'd be far more worried about laws that actually restrict my rights than those.

And don't forget there are still instances where a business owner can refuse service.

So you think laws should be enacted unless we can prove they aren't needed? Seriously? The burden is not on you to support a law you agree with, it's my job to prove you wrong? Pass, but wow ...

I think anti-discrimination laws ARE needed.

And as laws go they are some of the least restrictive.

Actually they are among the most oppressive. Government uses them to trample businesses all the time. You obviously never owned a business.

There is nothing more dangerous than worthless laws. Government abuses the hell out of them.

Note I asked why we need them, and your response was you think we do. Zero actual evidence. Good luck finding evidence. We bend over backwards to find customers, we don't look for reasons to drive them away. That's just ignorant.

And that you support government pointing a gun at me and forcing me to do business with another citizen just makes you a tyrant and an enemy of liberty

Actually I own rental properties so I know quite a bit about anti discrimination laws.

And like I said I believe we need anti-discrimination laws.

You already told me your baseless opinion. I asked for evidence there's a need for it.

So you don't care about money, you just care about the color of the people you're dealing with? What sex they are? That's what you're telling me?

Most business owners are not like that. We work like hell for customers, we want the $$$

if you already "work like hell" for all customers how does any anti discrimination law even affect you? Do you have customers answer a questionnaire about their personal lives so you can decide which ones you don't want in your place?

And I rent to anyone who proves they can pay. i run credit checks and I call employers and references.,

I never deny anyone an apartment who can pay. I don't care if they are gay, Black, Brown, or if they are single mothers or whatever.

I hold them very strictly to the lease agreements and have evicted people on rare occasion.

So the equal housing laws I have in my state are no burden on me at all.

And I do know people get denied housing for being the wrong color because i have seen it.

I have also lived on the streets for a short time when i was 18 so I know what it's like not to have a place to live.

And in closing most is not all.

Just because you may not discriminate in no way means others don't

Something bad happened.

Blues Man: OMG, we need government to fix it!

Talk about naïve.

There is no problem so large or so complicated that government cannot make it worse.

You didn't answer my question. Where does the Constitution say your due process rights are forfeit when money changes hands?

What good have you ever seen of government's power to point guns at you and force you to do business with other citizens?

Cut it out with the fucking histrionics already.

No one is holding a fucking gun to your pointy head.

Of course they are. You're seriously saying it's optional? I don't have to do what government is commanding me to do?

I call bull shit to that. Try it. Ignore them and you'll see the guns.

And again, where does the Constitution say my due process rights to violate my life, liberty and property are void when money changes hands?

No one is holding a gun to your head.

So tell me just who are you being forced to do business with that you wouldn't anyway?

Is t the NI$%ERS?

The Faggots?

The Kikes?

The Gooks?

No, that's you Grand Dragon. I want you to be able to freely discriminate instead of doing it in secret with diversions like you do now. It's not because he's black, it's because his pants don't fit, totally legit, right, racist?

I want you to be free to discriminate in the open, more customers for me.

It's about liberty, ass wipe. But racists like you boil everything down to skin color
I don't discriminate at all as I have already told you.

Anyone who can prove to me that they can pay the rent first last and security deposit will be accepted. If they violate their lease I will evict them.

So tell me who are you being "forced" to do business with that you want to freely discriminate against?

Irrelevant question because that's not the topic of the discussion. Racists always bring every subject back to racism, you're obsessed with it
Of course it's relevant.

YOU said you want to be able to freely discriminate against people so which people?

Is it the faggots because that's the topic of the thread?

And I wonder what the real reason is you won't answer.

You took the discussion to starting accusations of racism, so your indignation is feigned, racist bitch.

Race whoring is racism. That's on you

Life is short so if a same sex partner makes people happy who are any of you to stop them?

I don't care who they love. I do care that it is the law. Our society is dying the "death of 1000 cuts", and watering down marriage is simply one more cut.

Mark

I disagree.

What do you care if two same sex people marry so that the partners can receive all the protections we as a society have agreed upon?

What does it matter when it comes decisions like medical care, or health insurance if a married couple is same sex or not?

On your last question, I agree as long as you mean it's between you, your employer, your insurance company, whoever, but it's not government regulation. Government should stay out of it

Yes. Government should not be allowed to discriminate. But government has no legitimate power to control the relationship between private citizens. Talk about being a slave to government

Well, that's a totally vacuous statement since you were completely vague about what you meant. So let's go back to what I said.

Government drinking fountains could not be white only. Parks, government buildings, government schools, none cold do that. I said that. Sure, privately owned drinking fountains could be. Not that anyone would do that other than maybe some redneck bar on Boonieville where blacks wouldn't really want to go anyway.

Even the Montgomery Bus Company opposed the laws that forced their most loyal customers to the back of the bus and to stand, it was terrible for business. Pick up a history book. And that was 50s Alabama.

Public accommodation laws are a sledge hammer solution to a non-existent problem. Only a true government loving leftist would ever look at the reality of those laws and support them

I don't find public accommodation laws to be a burden at all. And you might want to realize that the nonexistent problem you speak of is nonexistent because of public accommodation laws.

I just gave you the specific example that even in deep South Alabama the Montgomery Bus Company OPPOSED Jim Crow laws.

Note Jim Crow ... LAWS ... It was government that did that. And government is your solution to prevent it. See anything wrong with that at all?

Really?

And we have laws for all kinds of things I just don't see how anti-discrimination or public accommodation laws are so egregious compared to many others.

I want to the heart of the beast, Alabama in the 50s to make the point that businesses care only about serving one color, green. That we are looking for a reason to not do business with people is moronic. Customers are our target. Think about it.

So you have not demonstrated any significant discrimination from private businesses ever. I pointed out that the most prolific case ever of discrimination, which was even a quasi government company and not free market, needed the riders and opposed driving them away.

You really think anti-discrimination laws and public access laws are tantamount to taking a sledgehammer to your freedoms?

And don't forget there are still instances where a business owner can refuse service.

So you think laws should be enacted unless we can prove they aren't needed? Seriously? The burden is not on you to support a law you agree with, it's my job to prove you wrong? Pass, but wow ...

Actually they are among the most oppressive. Government uses them to trample businesses all the time. You obviously never owned a business.

There is nothing more dangerous than worthless laws. Government abuses the hell out of them.

Note I asked why we need them, and your response was you think we do. Zero actual evidence. Good luck finding evidence. We bend over backwards to find customers, we don't look for reasons to drive them away. That's just ignorant.

And that you support government pointing a gun at me and forcing me to do business with another citizen just makes you a tyrant and an enemy of liberty

Actually I own rental properties so I know quite a bit about anti discrimination laws.

And like I said I believe we need anti-discrimination laws.

You already told me your baseless opinion. I asked for evidence there's a need for it.

So you don't care about money, you just care about the color of the people you're dealing with? What sex they are? That's what you're telling me?

Most business owners are not like that. We work like hell for customers, we want the $$$

if you already "work like hell" for all customers how does any anti discrimination law even affect you? Do you have customers answer a questionnaire about their personal lives so you can decide which ones you don't want in your place?

And I rent to anyone who proves they can pay. i run credit checks and I call employers and references.,

I never deny anyone an apartment who can pay. I don't care if they are gay, Black, Brown, or if they are single mothers or whatever.

I hold them very strictly to the lease agreements and have evicted people on rare occasion.

So the equal housing laws I have in my state are no burden on me at all.

And I do know people get denied housing for being the wrong color because i have seen it.

I have also lived on the streets for a short time when i was 18 so I know what it's like not to have a place to live.

And in closing most is not all.

Just because you may not discriminate in no way means others don't

Something bad happened.

Blues Man: OMG, we need government to fix it!

Talk about naïve.

There is no problem so large or so complicated that government cannot make it worse.

You didn't answer my question. Where does the Constitution say your due process rights are forfeit when money changes hands?

What good have you ever seen of government's power to point guns at you and force you to do business with other citizens?

Cut it out with the fucking histrionics already.

No one is holding a fucking gun to your pointy head.

Of course they are. You're seriously saying it's optional? I don't have to do what government is commanding me to do?

I call bull shit to that. Try it. Ignore them and you'll see the guns.

And again, where does the Constitution say my due process rights to violate my life, liberty and property are void when money changes hands?

No one is holding a gun to your head.

So tell me just who are you being forced to do business with that you wouldn't anyway?

Is t the NI$%ERS?

The Faggots?

The Kikes?

The Gooks?

No, that's you Grand Dragon. I want you to be able to freely discriminate instead of doing it in secret with diversions like you do now. It's not because he's black, it's because his pants don't fit, totally legit, right, racist?

I want you to be free to discriminate in the open, more customers for me.

It's about liberty, ass wipe. But racists like you boil everything down to skin color
I don't discriminate at all as I have already told you.

Anyone who can prove to me that they can pay the rent first last and security deposit will be accepted. If they violate their lease I will evict them.

So tell me who are you being "forced" to do business with that you want to freely discriminate against?

Irrelevant question because that's not the topic of the discussion. Racists always bring every subject back to racism, you're obsessed with it
Of course it's relevant.

YOU said you want to be able to freely discriminate against people so which people?

Is it the faggots because that's the topic of the thread?

And I wonder what the real reason is you won't answer.

You took the discussion to starting accusations of racism, so your indignation is feigned, racist bitch.

Race whoring is racism. That's on you
Says the guy who wants to be able to freely discriminate but who is too much of a pussy to come out and say who exactly he wants to discriminate against.

Nobody on this thread yet has provided a reason for me to be angry and threatened by gays. Epic fail. And I'm a lifelong practicing Christian who stands firm in those beliefs.
No one on the thread suggested that you should be angry and threatened

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

Why would you need an anti discrimination law which discriminates?
You
Or why should a law forbid persons from doing what the state does with the law.

Whhen we say equality under the law it means government must not be allowed to discriminate.

People however have the right to discriminate however they choose. Discrimination is nothing more than a choice based on preference.

Tell me how anti discrimination laws discriminate and who do they discriminate against?
I have both commercial and residential rental properties
I have to deal with fair housing laws all the time.

But since i would not refuse anyone with the ability to pay rent the laws are not a burden on me at all.
They discriminate against business and property owners. Customers and tenants may discriminate all they wish.

Yes and I would never harm someone so murder laws are not a burden to me, but I would object of some people were exempt from murder laws

Wow, Blues Man's view that life would be fair if we only empower government to use guns to force us to be fair is totally and absurdly naive.

Government makes us be fair, and then life is fair. Just wow.

As a long time business owner and taxpayer and American citizen and driver's license holder in this country, I've experienced a hell of a lot from government. "Fair" isn't one of them
I never once used the word "fair".

In fact I never use that word because I know it's bullshit.

If you want to run a business that is open to the public then you have to allow the public entry.

And you say you do anyway so there is no burden on you but only on those that want to hang signs that say Ni##ers, Queers, Jews and Gooks not allowed
The public is not a real entity and no business is ever open to the public . All businesses are open only to customers who by definition are select individuals . Therefore all business owners discriminate are just as everyone else does.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Whhen we say equality under the law it means government must not be allowed to discriminate.

People however have the right to discriminate however they choose. Discrimination is nothing more than a choice based on preference.

Tell me how anti discrimination laws discriminate and who do they discriminate against?

But since i would not refuse anyone with the ability to pay rent the laws are not a burden on me at all.
They discriminate against business and property owners. Customers and tenants may discriminate all they wish.

Yes and I would never harm someone so murder laws are not a burden to me, but I would object of some people were exempt from murder laws

Wow, Blues Man's view that life would be fair if we only empower government to use guns to force us to be fair is totally and absurdly naive.

As a long time business owner and taxpayer and American citizen and driver's license holder in this country, I've experienced a hell of a lot from government. "Fair" isn't one of them

If you want to run a business that is open to the public then you have to allow the public entry.

And you say you do anyway so there is no burden on you but only on those that want to hang signs that say Ni##ers, Queers, Jews and Gooks not allowed
The public is not a real entity and no business is ever open to the public . All businesses are open only to customers who by definition are select individuals . Therefore all business owners discriminate are just as everyone else does.
Semantics.

Just because you sell an item that only a portion of the population will buy does not mean you are not open to the public.

I've never met a homosexual that didnt carry serious psychological issues. Of course that's the straight world's fault

I have. The sales manager of my main business was gay and she invited me to all sorts of events with her gay friends. There were a lot of great people I really enjoyed talking to.

That's not really relevant to my question though
Yep, me too. Ive met tons of normal gay men over the years. Gays are generally normal, when they arent trying super hard to be over the top flamboyant. On the other hand, ive never met a tranny that wasnt disturbed. I feel bad for those guys. People shouldnt mock them; life is already hard enough for them.

• Thanks

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

Just because you sell an item that only a portion of the population will buy does not mean you are not open to the public.
yes it does mean that

No business provides goods and services they sell goods and services

Customers may discriminate all they wish it is abuse of government power to selectively discriminate against business owners

• Thanks

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

Customers may discriminate all they wish it is abuse of government power to selectively discriminate against business owners

So if you sell a product that only 7.2% of the people in your town buy from your retail store you are telling me that you are not a business that is open to the public?

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

So if you sell a product that only 7.2% of the people in your town buy from your retail store you are telling me that you are not a business that is open to the public?
And ALL business owners that are open to the public must follow the same rules so there is no discrimination against business owners

Democrats are all wrapped up in that it has to be genetic, not a choice. What difference does it make? Why is that so critically important to them? Either way, it's not a job for government either to discriminate against gays or to validate who they have sex with. As long as it's a consenting adult, so the fuck what? Why is this such a critical distinction to the Democrats whether it's genetic or choice? What does it change?

It's a bullshit excuse to paint Barrett, or anyone else with whom they disagree, as intolerant. Nothing more.

Don't let any of these idiots spin away from that FACT!!!

• Thanks
Democrats are all wrapped up in that it has to be genetic, not a choice. What difference does it make? Why is that so critically important to them? Either way, it's not a job for government either to discriminate against gays or to validate who they have sex with. As long as it's a consenting adult, so the fuck what? Why is this such a critical distinction to the Democrats whether it's genetic or choice? What does it change?

It's a bullshit excuse to paint Barrett, or anyone else with whom they disagree, as intolerant. Nothing more.

Don't let any of these idiots spin away from that FACT!!!

For sure. OMG, she said "sexual preference!" Kill her!

How Democrats handle it says so much about who they are as people too. If it was about "tolerance," then they of course would just say that is an antiquated term, gays prefer "sexual orientation."

That they are so incredibly intolerant then claim they are for tolerance is just laughable

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

Correct the public includes that other 92.8%

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

It also includes the 7.2% who shop in your store.

So tell me are you going to refuse to sell to anyone who has never bought anything from you in the past ?

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

And ALL business owners that are open to the public must follow the same rules so there is no discrimination against business owners
Wrong they are not open to the public.
They are in fact all being discriminated against . No such law applies to customers. The fact that business owners are a minority and the law only applies to them proves that they are being discriminated against.

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

So tell me are you going to refuse to sell to anyone who has never bought anything from you in the past ?
Yes but I am only open g to that 7.2 % any business owner may refuse to to sell to many individuals such as those who have no money

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

They are in fact all being discriminated against . No such law applies to customers. The fact that business owners are a minority and the law only applies to them proves that they are being discriminated against.
Of course they are open to the public.

Anyone can walk into any retail establishment and buy anything they want.

If you want to make your business a private for fee membership club you have an argument.

By your "logic" Walmart is not open to the public if 1 person in the country does not shop there.

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

Yes but I am only open g to that 7.2 % any business owner may refuse to to sell to many individuals such as those who have no money

Have fun going out of business.

And you don't have to sell to anyone who cannot pay there is no law saying that you have to either.

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

If you want to make your business a private for fee membership club you have an argument.

By your "logic" Walmart is not open to the public if 1 person in the country does not shop there.
Wrong.

They are only.open to select individuals.

some people have no money or enough money to buy what is for sale. By definition every business is a private entity not just clubs

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

Wrong.

They are only.open to select individuals.

some people have no money or enough money to buy what is for sale. By definition every business is a private entity not just clubs

Wrong.

People with no money can enter your store and look around.

You cannot require that a person shows you their bank statement and their available credit before they walk into a store.

Mark

I disagree.

Really?

You

Semantics.

yes it does mean that

Have fun going out of business.

And you don't have to sell to anyone who cannot pay there is no law saying that you have to either.
that's exactly that point

Businesses who's owners discriminate too much should be left alone to fail.

They should not Be forced to associate with others they do not like

Forum List

Back