Zone1 What did Jesus mean by this?

I'm pretty comfortable that the Bible is accurate.

accurate or self serving ...

any factual evidence for jewish personifications of the heavens claimed by moses or abraham than their madeup attributes including the desert accusation of humanities dissolution against the heavens in the beginning - than their own perceived failures.

have you provided the claimed tablets by the liar moses etched in the heavens w/ 10 commandments ... used to persecute and victimize the innocent.

jesus, the 1st century events, liberation theology, self determination from the beginning is the refutation of judaism whether sent or blessed by the heavens and were meant by those that gave their lives to return to the simple religion of antiquity granted a&e, all living beings as the goal when accomplished for true remission to the everlasting.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 4x
The KJV translates Strong's G2952 in the following manner: dog (4x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. a little dog
Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
κυνάριον kynárion, koo-nar'-ee-on; neuter of a presumed derivative of G2965; a puppy:—dog.

G2965 is a sinful person abhorred by the Jews. Jesus called her a G2952, a little dog or puppy, not yet grown into a 'dog'.
A little dog is still a dog.

The Canaanite woman is still not an Israelite.

Only for her faith did Jesus feel compassion for her.

accurate or self serving ...

any factual evidence for jewish personifications of the heavens claimed by moses or abraham than their madeup attributes including the desert accusation of humanities dissolution against the heavens in the beginning - than their own perceived failures.

have you provided the claimed tablets by the liar moses etched in the heavens w/ 10 commandments ... used to persecute and victimize the innocent.

jesus, the 1st century events, liberation theology, self determination from the beginning is the refutation of judaism whether sent or blessed by the heavens and were meant by those that gave their lives to return to the simple religion of antiquity granted a&e, all living beings as the goal when accomplished for true remission to the everlasting.
You got a source for that?

A little dog is still a dog.
I've raised a dog from a puppy. They are two different animals. I came home from work one day and my puppy had turned into a dog, like someone had thrown a switch.

Last edited:
The Canaanite woman is still not an Israelite.
Jesus knew she was an Israelite even if she didn't. That's why he said to his disciples, not to her, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel", thus identifying the woman as an Israelite.

Last edited:
Jesus knew she was an Israelite even if she didn't. That's why he said to his disciples, not to her, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel", thus identifying the woman as an Israelite.

His first response reads a lot more like a test for his disciples, to provide a teachable moment.

Matthew 15:

21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
what about the Roman Centurion?

Anyone who wasn't a Jew was considered a "Greek" by the Jews. "Greek" meant any gentile of the world outside of Judea. Syrophoenicia was a region, not an ethnicity.

The geography is significant to the teaching as well.

what about the Roman Centurion?

Galatians explains his view re the universalist nature of God, and the purpose of the law. Galatians 3, re the Law and faith;

... and ends with ...

Sons and Heirs​

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Jews were 'chosen' to spread the Promise; it wasn't exclusive to them only. The Babylonians made that 'master race' crap up, beginning with Ezra.

Last edited:

Sons and Heirs​

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Paul is reminding/telling them that they are Israelites and therefore the seed of Abraham. James writes "to the twelve tribes scattered abroad". The Assyrians deliberately 'scattered' conquered peoples here and there throughout their empire to diffuse them as an ethnic group and to acculturate them into Assyrian society. They did this with the captives of the ten-tribed Northern kingdom as well as other captive peoples.

Galatia (the area aka) was part of the Assyrian Empire at the time of the fall of the Northern kingdom and is likely where many Israelites were scattered. Noteworthy is that the peoples the Assyrians replaced them with in Samaria were from four different areas of the Empire well to the east of Galatia.

Interesting as well, Paul was from Tarsus, a stone's throw from Galatia, of Benjamite parents; a long way from Jerusalem where he grew up and studied Judaism under Gamaliel.

Last edited:
Matthew 15:

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

QUOTE:

. . . . . some teach that salvation through Christ is from the Jews, but not for the Jews. What is your response?

What matters isn’t my response but Jesus’ response when talking about his earthly ministry. It was Jesus who said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matt. 15:24). It was Jesus who said to Nicodemus, certainly a devout Jew, that “unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God” (John 3:5). It was Jesus who said to his disciples (all Jews), “Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you” (John 6:53). Jesus obviously thought he had come for the Jews. He spent his entire life evangelizing only Jews, and after his death the twelve apostles began by evangelizing primarily Jews.

The first Church council, the Council of Jerusalem(cf. Acts 15), was called precisely to determine whether Christianity was for Gentiles at all or only for Jews. Today the idea that Jesus came for Gentiles and not Jews might be a “politically correct” way to avoid offending the Jews, but, after all, Jesus said, “I have not come to bring peace, but a sword . . . to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother” (Matt. 10:34–35). It is only natural that the truth should offend good people who are sincere but in error; but that is no reason not to preach the gospel to them. Isn’t it Jesus’ “Great Commission” to do so?

SOURCE

You got a source for that?
any factual evidence for jewish personifications of the heavens

that is you who has no standing for the source derived through your 4th century christian bible - the only basis for christianities unsubstantiated religion of servitude and denial.

without a single link to the person the book claims to authenticate than their own agenda using the historical figure for their own nefarious purposes.

Matthew 15:

My personal interpretation: He was illustrating once again that His purpose for being among us on Earth was not for the Jewish believers and those who understood but for the benefit of the unbelievers and those who did not understand or understood wrongly or corruptly.

And that is but one passage in a much larger body of manuscripts and should not be taken as He was there only to enlighten the Jews though I do believe He intended that the Jews be the teachers and light of the world.

QUOTE:

. . . . . some teach that salvation through Christ is from the Jews, but not for the Jews. What is your response?

What matters isn’t my response but Jesus’ response when talking about his earthly ministry. It was Jesus who said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matt. 15:24). It was Jesus who said to Nicodemus, certainly a devout Jew, that “unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God” (John 3:5). It was Jesus who said to his disciples (all Jews), “Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you” (John 6:53). Jesus obviously thought he had come for the Jews. He spent his entire life evangelizing only Jews, and after his death the twelve apostles began by evangelizing primarily Jews.

The first Church council, the Council of Jerusalem(cf. Acts 15), was called precisely to determine whether Christianity was for Gentiles at all or only for Jews. Today the idea that Jesus came for Gentiles and not Jews might be a “politically correct” way to avoid offending the Jews, but, after all, Jesus said, “I have not come to bring peace, but a sword . . . to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother” (Matt. 10:34–35). It is only natural that the truth should offend good people who are sincere but in error; but that is no reason not to preach the gospel to them. Isn’t it Jesus’ “Great Commission” to do so?

SOURCE

All of the disciples were "Jews" in the religious sense. Paul was a Benjamite but called himself "a Jew of the Jews". James and John, the "sons of Zebedee" were likely Zebulunites as their name suggests.

Of course, there were 'spiritually lost' Jews among those Jesus preached to but his ministry was primarily to the poor remnants the so-called lost tribes of the Northern kingdom dwelling the region of "Galilee of the Gentiles".

that is you who has no standing for the source derived through your 4th century christian bible - the only basis for christianities unsubstantiated religion of servitude and denial.

without a single link to the person the book claims to authenticate than their own agenda using the historical figure for their own nefarious purposes.
I have something, you have nothing. :biggrin:

Last edited:
And that is but one passage in a much larger body of manuscripts and should not be taken as He was there only to enlighten the Jews though I do believe He intended that the Jews be the teachers and light of the world.
If that were true there would be no Christian church. As it is Christians vastly outnumber Judaizers. Jesus built his church on faith, not on the "Law according to the Jews".

Jesus 'left Jewry because they wanted to kill him' (he left the whole "Jewish" thing) and began his ministry among the 'gentiles'* in Galilee.

*The lost sheep of the house of Israel, the remnants of the Northern kingdom.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back