Zone1 What Christianity Says

The original sin which wasn't doctrine until the 3rd century AD, was disobedience when they ate from the tree of knowledge.
Because they could now die, and are subject to knowledge of good and evil, they were capable of sinning. Doesn't mean they sinned yet. Once out in the world, sin was probable. That's why God established the eventual atonement of Jesus Christ. Again, not sure if disobedience is really a sin in this case. Because, they did now have the opportunity to keep the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth with humans. Either they were obedient to this or not. They had to choose the right one to be able to multiply and replenish the earth. Sometimes our choices we have are good, better and best. We have to choose which one.

Because they could now die, and are subject to knowledge of good and evil, they were capable of sinning. Doesn't mean they sinned yet. Once out in the world, sin was probable. That's why God established the eventual atonement of Jesus Christ. Again, not sure if disobedience is really a sin in this case. Because, they did now have the opportunity to keep the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth with humans. Either they were obedient to this or not. They had to choose the right one to be able to multiply and replenish the earth. Sometimes our choices we have are good, better and best. We have to choose which one.

Original sin is pretty lame. Jews and Muslims don't believe in it.

Original sin is pretty lame. Jews and Muslims don't believe in it.
Not sure about Muslims. But, Jews do have a day of atonement from their sins to cleans their souls. But, yes, the original sin is sex is lame. God commanded we be married as men with women and have children.

Image = the ability to love and reason.
Your ridiculous teachings of JWs actually supports his statement. We are made in the physical image of God. Not the emotional ability to sin for God cannot sin. Neither can His Son, Jesus Christ.

Your ridiculous teachings of JWs actually supports his statement. We are made in the physical image of God. Not the emotional ability to sin for God cannot sin. Neither can His Son, Jesus Christ.
God is a spirit being, we are flesh.
Jesus could have sinned, its why satan tempted him in the wilderness. Otherwise he wouldn't have wasted his time.

Writing your own scripture is certainly your prerogative.
We get to write our own scriptures?! Goody. Here’s mine:

”Thus, I sayeth to you, followers of Jesus, to understand and respect that I have a separate and binding covenant with Jews, and that they do not require belief in a savior such as Jesus to earn their place in the World to Come.“

God is a spirit being, we are flesh.
Jesus could have sinned, its why satan tempted him in the wilderness. Otherwise he wouldn't have wasted his time.
The Holy Ghost is part of the Godhead and has a spirit body only. The Father and Son have bodies of flesh and bone as stated in the Bible.
No, Jesus could not have sinned. If he even thought about sinning he would have sinned. Satan had nothing to lose and believes his own garbage.

We get to write our own scriptures?! Goody. Here’s mine:

”Thus, I sayeth to you, followers of Jesus, to understand and respect that I have a separate and binding covenant with Jews, and that they do not require belief in a savior such as Jesus to earn their place in the World to Come.“
Good luck with that, I believe it contradicts Christian theology.

Good luck with that, I believe it contradicts Christian theology.
But not God's theology. Jesus was anointed by God to bring Good Tidings. Sins are forgiven. Redemption and the Kingdom of God is within everyone's reach and is for all. God is our loving Father, and He is all inclusive.

Why are some Christians so anxious to cast fear into those God sent Jesus to redeem and reassure? Jesus came with the Good News of God's love, so why are some so ready to sow fear and despair?

God keeps His Covenants and He has an everlasting Covenant with the Jews. It behooves the world to extend encouragement to all Jews to also keep that Covenant. As Christians, we have our own Covenant to tend to and that is spreading Good News.

But not God's theology. Jesus was anointed by God to bring Good Tidings. Sins are forgiven. Redemption and the Kingdom of God is within everyone's reach and is for all. God is our loving Father, and He is all inclusive.

Why are some Christians so anxious to cast fear into those God sent Jesus to redeem and reassure? Jesus came with the Good News of God's love, so why are some so ready to sow fear and despair?

God keeps His Covenants and He has an everlasting Covenant with the Jews. It behooves the world to extend encouragement to all Jews to also keep that Covenant. As Christians, we have our own Covenant to tend to and that is spreading Good News.
Loving words as usual but I'm wondering if you ever read the Old Testament? Not always a loving Father in my estimation. How many babies were killed by Joshua in Jericho and never got their chance to reach for God?

Loving words as usual but I'm wondering if you ever read the Old Testament? Not always a loving Father in my estimation. How many babies were killed by Joshua in Jericho and never got their chance to reach for God?
I once experienced God's love, and I did not walk away from that experience thinking, "How much God loves me!" I walked away awed and amazed thinking, "How much God loves us!" I wish I could love like that.

I became troubled by the Old Testament. How could anyone portray God as He is portrayed in the Old Testament? I was not wrong, but then...how could so many people and authors of Old Testament accounts be wrong? Christian commentaries were of no help at all, so I turned to commentaries by rabbis and Jewish scholars--the further back the better. I met someone online who assisted me with a basic understanding of what the Hebrew language was all about.

Lisa would chuckle at my astonishment at how differently Christians and modern Western culture when compared to Jews and the cultures of Biblical times. There are many here in the West who view the "Old Testament God" as a savage, murderous baby slayer. Jews and those who lived in Biblical times would laugh hysterically at the West's conclusion.

People of Biblical times started with the foundation that while God is beyond our understanding, we only have our own words, emotions, and perspectives to describe Him. Start every story with the firm knowledge that God is good, loving, just, and merciful. He works for the good of all. He brings good out of our mistakes, out of human evil, because everything on this planet is His creation and He created it good.

The story of the first Passover where the firstborn in Egyptian families were killed may have the West saying, "How horrible for God to do such a thing." Meanwhile, the Jews were more in awe of the mercy God showed to the Egyptians. The Pass Over killed far fewer Egyptians than Egyptians had killed, but the message was firm and clear. I find very few Christians ever wonder exactly what sin humanity was so guilty of before the flood, and who was first guilty of that same sin after the flood.

Christians read the Old Testament and doubt God's love. Modern English and Western culture is the reason for that doubt. If we learned the Old Testament and the feet of the Jews, we would understand Jesus and his teachings even more clearly.

Islam was moving on, then the West came along warring and the Muslim nations realized the only way to combat superior weaponry and tactics was with stricter religion.

The reality is if someone stuck to the Bible exactly as it says, they'd have massive contradictions.
How can you treat your neighbor as you'd want to be treated, AND stone them to death for adultery?
So the adulterer is loving you by "loving" your wife/husband 😂😂

Knowing you're a pro abortionist I find this kinda funny

I once experienced God's love, and I did not walk away from that experience thinking, "How much God loves me!" I walked away awed and amazed thinking, "How much God loves us!" I wish I could love like that.

I became troubled by the Old Testament. How could anyone portray God as He is portrayed in the Old Testament? I was not wrong, but then...how could so many people and authors of Old Testament accounts be wrong? Christian commentaries were of no help at all, so I turned to commentaries by rabbis and Jewish scholars--the further back the better. I met someone online who assisted me with a basic understanding of what the Hebrew language was all about.

Lisa would chuckle at my astonishment at how differently Christians and modern Western culture when compared to Jews and the cultures of Biblical times. There are many here in the West who view the "Old Testament God" as a savage, murderous baby slayer. Jews and those who lived in Biblical times would laugh hysterically at the West's conclusion.

People of Biblical times started with the foundation that while God is beyond our understanding, we only have our own words, emotions, and perspectives to describe Him. Start every story with the firm knowledge that God is good, loving, just, and merciful. He works for the good of all. He brings good out of our mistakes, out of human evil, because everything on this planet is His creation and He created it good.

The story of the first Passover where the firstborn in Egyptian families were killed may have the West saying, "How horrible for God to do such a thing." Meanwhile, the Jews were more in awe of the mercy God showed to the Egyptians. The Pass Over killed far fewer Egyptians than Egyptians had killed, but the message was firm and clear. I find very few Christians ever wonder exactly what sin humanity was so guilty of before the flood, and who was first guilty of that same sin after the flood.

Christians read the Old Testament and doubt God's love. Modern English and Western culture is the reason for that doubt. If we learned the Old Testament and the feet of the Jews, we would understand Jesus and his teachings even more clearly.
How would this world look any different if God was NOT good or didn't exist?

Without intelligence, I don't see how this world could have come into existence. That leaves us with the question what if God is not good. The only beings we sometimes see true evil in are humans, agree? We cannot look at any human and say, "This or that human is evil." We look at the acts they produce. Slow methods of execution, for example. As abominable as crucifixion was, some people opted for skinning someone alive--which was worse. Think of all the torture devices in human history. The purpose was to annihilate as painfully as possible.

This world and everything you see would not exist

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Considering how common miscarriages are, I'd say God is pro-abortion.
Do you see abortion as a deliberate killing by God, not a physical malfunction of nature? A miscarriage, like any death other than abortion, often results in sorrow. Death with no sorrow...think about it.

Forum List

Back