What can be done?

I think the answer has already been provided. Show Trump the door. My guess is that all but the most die hard believers will go back to their normal lives and wake up eventually.
That might help but as I’ve already noted, much of this insanity predates Trump.
Trump is president preciseley because this longstanding insanity created an opening for the mountebank.

There is a large contingent of Americans who no longer believe in science and academics. Furthermore, they no longer trust or velieve in government or the democratic process. They do not believe in news media that does not confirm or support their beliefs. . And they see their fellow citizen who do not believe their clams as enemies, traitors and conspirators.

These citizens practice a politics of grievance and want the power to govern based on no evidence of their claims of fraud. Would such power be healthy for a democracy? Doesn't the erosion of trust in institutions contribute to a stable healthy America?

What can be done to wake us from this toxic fever dream?
Yep, and its been a real pain in the ass dealing with those progressive/left/Demoshits for the past couple of decades.

We'll just have to wait for the tard herd to get older and fatter and die.

There is a large contingent of Americans who no longer believe in science and academics. Furthermore, they no longer trust or velieve in government or the democratic process. They do not believe in news media that does not confirm or support their beliefs. . And they see their fellow citizen who do not believe their clams as enemies, traitors and conspirators.

These citizens practice a politics of grievance and want the power to govern based on no evidence of their claims of fraud. Would such power be healthy for a democracy? Doesn't the erosion of trust in institutions contribute to a stable healthy America?

we dont have a democracy,,

There is a large contingent of Americans who no longer believe in science and academics.
PRETTY FUNNY, coming from a guy who claims that THIS beat THIS:

10440829-n.jpg
ButlerPATrump.jpg

Furthermore, they no longer trust or velieve in government or the democratic process.
Tell us the last time Congress had higher than a 15% approval rating? Tell us WHY we should believe in a government that lies about everything and breaks every promise? Tell us what kind of "democratic process" allows undefined people to vote for undefined periods in undefined ways, counted in secrecy, then when questioned and asked for openness and an auditing to prove everything was on the up and up AS PROVIDED BY LAW are called un-American and undemocratic by assholes like you?

They do not believe in news media that does not confirm or support their beliefs.
Tell us again about Faux News?

And they see their fellow citizen who do not believe their clams as enemies, traitors and conspirators.
Tell us again about Trumpstains, Trumpspawn, Deplorables, Trump Chumps and all the rest you promise to add to your list to ensure they all get fired and never get a job again in this country?

These citizens practice a politics of grievance
Tell us about four years of IMPEACH 45, Russis-Russia, shooting people in ballparks, stealing their ballcaps and beating them up for wearing a red tee-shirt?

and want the power to govern based on no evidence of their claims of fraud.
You mean want an INVESTIGATION into obvious election irregularities to ensure and protect the integrity of our elections?

Would such power be healthy for a democracy?
Would your brand of dishonest stupidity be healthy for our Republic?

Doesn't the erosion of trust in institutions contribute to a stable healthy America?
You mean the erosion of trust like when you boycotted Trump's inauguration, said he wasn't your president, and called him illegitimate?

We can start by taking braindead hypocritical idiots like you and hook your balls to a set of jumper cables for starters.

Then we can recheck all these ballots and the process to ensure that the person whom America really voted for is put into the White House and not just the tally that came back from Smartmatic software in Germany.

There are scams everywhere. So, it’s easy to conclude we’re being lied to.

We’re also dealing with the phenomenon of the contrarian conservative – where rightists blindly, in knee-jerk fashion oppose, denounce, and contend everything and anything absent justification, for no other reason than to obstruct and deflect.

The origins of the contrarian conservative date back to Vietnam, the Pentagon Papers, and Watergate, where the ‘liberal establishment’ and ‘liberal media’ were engaged in a nefarious plot to ‘destroy America’ – or some such rot.

The lies and conspiracy theories concerning the downfall of Trump are the latest variation of the contrarian conservative theme that’s been around for more than half a century – unfortunately it won’t be gone anytime soon.

This group pathology is not something that will not go away soon. It will have to be a process, and we will have to be patient. It's stunning that so many Americans have fallen into it. My best guess is that we'll have to work from the middle out -- in other words, start with the large number of Americans toward the middle of the spectrum and hope that we can build some momentum.

This country can't last for long when we're operating in two separate realities.

This group pathology is not something that will not go away soon. It will have to be a process, and we will have to be patient. It's stunning that so many Americans have fallen into it. My best guess is that we'll have to work from the middle out -- in other words, start with the large number of Americans toward the middle of the spectrum and hope that we can build some momentum.

This country can't last for long when we're operating in two separate realities.
thats why we have a constitution,,,

I think the answer has already been provided. Show Trump the door. My guess is that all but the most die hard believers will go back to their normal lives and wake up eventually.
Go back to their "normal" lives? LOL. This is their "normal" --- or I should say, abnormal --- lives, and you can bet trump will keep whispering instructions in their ears from the time they get up until the time they go to sleep.

Trump changed the DNA of the Republican Party and much of the cellular structure of the country. Only an idiot would believe that the GOP is going to revert back to the meek and ineffectual type of Republicans who will just roll over any time the Democrats demand. Like I said, Trump was only the first wave, and we're only entering a brief period of intermission.

Remember the "shellacking" the Democrats got during the midterm elections of 2010? A repeat of that is coming up in two short years, followed by an even bigger surprise in 2024.

Enjoy your little four years of Kumbaya.

Decentralizing government would be a big first step ... communities can take care of themselves, we don't need the overburden of a bloated county bureaucracy ...

Go back to their "normal" lives? LOL. This is their "normal" --- or I should say, abnormal --- lives, and you can bet trump will keep whispering instructions in their ears from the time they get up until the time they go to sleep.

Trump changed the DNA of the Republican Party and much of the cellular structure of the country. Only an idiot would believe that the GOP is going to revert back to the meek and ineffectual type of Republicans who will just roll over any time the Democrats demand. Like I said, Trump was only the first wave, and we're only entering a brief period of intermission.

Remember the "shellacking" the Democrats got during the midterm elections of 2010? A repeat of that is coming up in two short years, followed by an even bigger surprise in 2024.

apparently you forgot

There is a large contingent of Americans who no longer believe in science and academics.

Your opening statement is misleading and wrong. Allow me to fix it for you:

There is a large contingent of Americans who reject science and academics that has been hijacked and corrupted by Leftists. Not all science and academics is corrupted, but much of it is.

You're an idiot. Get a life loser.

" Doesn't the erosion of trust in institutions contribute to a stable healthy America? "

Uh no

What are you talking about ? Libs who refuse to even look at news sources like Info Wars and News Max and seek to put Rush Limbaugh off the air through boycotts?

Why would ANYONE waste their time and eyeballs on a shit stain site like Info Wars? This site is run by the abortion that parroted Sandy Hook was a false flag. That and the fact his only goal is to sell the weak minded and faithful useless supplements and prepper garb. Newsmax is just the new hot and flashy darling child. They were next to nobody the week before the election. They only benefited because Fox called Arizona early for Biden and all their faithful ran like scalded dogs.
I have no feeling..or sympathy for Rush. He's made a good living off of division pimping. To me, he's nobody.

The reason I refuse to look at sources like these is because they aren't legitimate news or information sites. They are opinion and dog whistle sites designed to attract like minded lemmings, feed them slanted information, and then have them tell their friends about it. All without the benefit of fact checking, reason, or common sense. These sites and outlets warp objectivity over time so that all you're left with is the worst aspect and instincts of your nature.
Polishprince will never address the whole Sandy Hook thing and then try to make the silly argument that Infowars is a "news" site.

I hear what you're saying about the blob supporters. My advice is to point, laugh, and move on. In less than 4 years, many will cast a ballot for a swamp creature and totally disavow they ever supported the blob. They don't have the moral character (not to mention the intelligence) to stick to something on their own without a Pied Piper.

I suggest we worry about our own back yard. We have an incoming administration that has shown zero inclination to really changing the structure of government to make sure the next Trump doesn't do worse damage. The president has too much unchecked power--that is the lesson of the last four years. As for the "liberal" institutions...We do have a press that is largely acting as stenographers for the powerful. News and entertainment are melding in ways that are not good. We have almost no local news papers holding the local officials accountable. We have what I would call a sad understanding of what what the role of government SHOULD be, and what our responsibility as citizens are.

Where do we start? At the beginning. When a child is born, they have like a 1 in 4 chance of being born into poverty. Not having enough food. Not having enough support when it comes to education. Not having a chance to elevate so the cycle starts again. How do we address it? We need 2M new teachers every year. We need them in the inner cities. We need to get rid of our "need based" financial aid for education. You want to become a teacher...great. You get free education at a State U if you agree to work for the first seven years of your career in the inner cities and are teaching STEAM subjects. More teachers in the inner city can only work to help these kids. Next...we do the same thing with the trades. Does anyone think we would suffer from having another 300,000 (ea) welders, mechanics, electricians, nurses, stylists, repairpersons, heavy equipment operators, truck drivers, AC/Refrigeration techs....?

I personally would like to see mandatory service either in uniform or social services; a year before you're 25 (or waived if you're a new teacher). If, for no other fucking reason, to introduce you to people who are from a different walk of life. Its harder to hate someone when you have to live with them in a barracks or if you understand they have been shitted on their whole life. You just may "get it". And that is the overarching paradigm. Let the Government fund programs to remind us that we're all Americans and there is such a thing as the "greater good". Have you noticed that? In the last 4 years...when was the greater good ever mentioned? I'm glad Joe has talked about that--sort of. Somehow it always was tied to minority issues when he did...sad.

Forum List

Back