What can be done?

There is a large contingent of Americans who no longer believe in science and academics. Furthermore, they no longer trust or velieve in government or the democratic process. They do not believe in news media that does not confirm or support their beliefs. . And they see their fellow citizen who do not believe their clams as enemies, traitors and conspirators.

These citizens practice a politics of grievance and want the power to govern based on no evidence of their claims of fraud. Would such power be healthy for a democracy? Doesn't the erosion of trust in institutions contribute to a stable healthy America?

What can be done to wake us from this toxic fever dream?
Re-education camps.

4d7bfd6226744067a37a9e38ec91111f.jpeg

There is a large contingent of Americans who no longer believe in science and academics. Furthermore, they no longer trust or velieve in government or the democratic process. They do not believe in news media that does not confirm or support their beliefs. . And they see their fellow citizen who do not believe their clams as enemies, traitors and conspirators.

These citizens practice a politics of grievance and want the power to govern based on no evidence of their claims of fraud. Would such power be healthy for a democracy? Doesn't the erosion of trust in institutions contribute to a stable healthy America?

Yes, Democrats are just fascists now pursuing one party rule. Nothing else matters. Agreed

I think there are a lot people you describe.

But I doubt the silliness you see here would be found in the same magnitude if they weren’t anonymous.

how long have they been promising to shoot someone?
The violence is coming from the left, blob

The problem is 24 hour news channels. That's a lot of airtime to fill every day, and the airheads end up spinning all kinds of bullshit and hoaxes to keep their mouths running.

It's all about the ad dollars. You have to keep the rubes entertained and glued to your station, and that means saying outrageous things with no concern that the dumb fucks believe whatever narrative they are told to believe.

"I want to bleev it, so it must be true!"

LOL, you couldn't any more precisely describe your Democrat Party

This group pathology is not something that will not go away soon. It will have to be a process, and we will have to be patient. It's stunning that so many Americans have fallen into it. My best guess is that we'll have to work from the middle out -- in other words, start with the large number of Americans toward the middle of the spectrum and hope that we can build some momentum.

This country can't last for long when we're operating in two separate realities.
The New World Order Elites have been around for a long long time. They have been patient for their goals. To ease the mind of people like self eliminate the surveillance culture first. As a good will of faith. And that includes removing any of the morons who abuse it. In all public and private settings.

What are you talking about ? Libs who refuse to even look at news sources like Info Wars and News Max and seek to put Rush Limbaugh off the air through boycotts?

Why would ANYONE waste their time and eyeballs on a shit stain site like Info Wars? This site is run by the abortion that parroted Sandy Hook was a false flag. That and the fact his only goal is to sell the weak minded and faithful useless supplements and prepper garb. Newsmax is just the new hot and flashy darling child. They were next to nobody the week before the election. They only benefited because Fox called Arizona early for Biden and all their faithful ran like scalded dogs.
I have no feeling..or sympathy for Rush. He's made a good living off of division pimping. To me, he's nobody.

The reason I refuse to look at sources like these is because they aren't legitimate news or information sites. They are opinion and dog whistle sites designed to attract like minded lemmings, feed them slanted information, and then have them tell their friends about it. All without the benefit of fact checking, reason, or common sense. These sites and outlets warp objectivity over time so that all you're left with is the worst aspect and instincts of your nature.
Polishprince will never address the whole Sandy Hook thing and then try to make the silly argument that Infowars is a "news" site.

I hear what you're saying about the blob supporters. My advice is to point, laugh, and move on. In less than 4 years, many will cast a ballot for a swamp creature and totally disavow they ever supported the blob. They don't have the moral character (not to mention the intelligence) to stick to something on their own without a Pied Piper.

I suggest we worry about our own back yard. We have an incoming administration that has shown zero inclination to really changing the structure of government to make sure the next Trump doesn't do worse damage. The president has too much unchecked power--that is the lesson of the last four years. As for the "liberal" institutions...We do have a press that is largely acting as stenographers for the powerful. News and entertainment are melding in ways that are not good. We have almost no local news papers holding the local officials accountable. We have what I would call a sad understanding of what what the role of government SHOULD be, and what our responsibility as citizens are.

Where do we start? At the beginning. When a child is born, they have like a 1 in 4 chance of being born into poverty. Not having enough food. Not having enough support when it comes to education. Not having a chance to elevate so the cycle starts again. How do we address it? We need 2M new teachers every year. We need them in the inner cities. We need to get rid of our "need based" financial aid for education. You want to become a teacher...great. You get free education at a State U if you agree to work for the first seven years of your career in the inner cities and are teaching STEAM subjects. More teachers in the inner city can only work to help these kids. Next...we do the same thing with the trades. Does anyone think we would suffer from having another 300,000 (ea) welders, mechanics, electricians, nurses, stylists, repairpersons, heavy equipment operators, truck drivers, AC/Refrigeration techs....?

I personally would like to see mandatory service either in uniform or social services; a year before you're 25 (or waived if you're a new teacher). If, for no other fucking reason, to introduce you to people who are from a different walk of life. Its harder to hate someone when you have to live with them in a barracks or if you understand they have been shitted on their whole life. You just may "get it". And that is the overarching paradigm. Let the Government fund programs to remind us that we're all Americans and there is such a thing as the "greater good". Have you noticed that? In the last 4 years...when was the greater good ever mentioned? I'm glad Joe has talked about that--sort of. Somehow it always was tied to minority issues when he did...sad.

I can agree with your statement about Trump supporters. I have several in my family. The only thing that gives me pause is that I've noticed a dark turn since the virus outbreak and the closer we got to the election. They were just once oddities. Something to be laughed off and have you shake your head when they talk. But in the last year or so, I've noticed that a lot of these people actually believe the sauce that Trump is dishing. Climate, science, and virus deniers. Belief in alternative facts and conspiracy theories. People that I thought were somewhat normal before Trump, I look at and wonder...WTF??

I can get behind mandatory service, whether that's military or volunteer should be left up to the individual to choose. Not everyone is cut out for military service. But you should at least get the idea that being of service and giving back to your community is a noble cause. It develops empathy and understanding. I have always been about the efficiency of government and how it executes. Not obsessed over its size. Education, especially secondary education should be affordable, but not free. That's just my belief. Investing in public education should be automatic and not thought of as a waste in lieu of seeing that private, religious, and charter schools get money. That's just being exclusionary.

I think the answer has already been provided. Show Trump the door. My guess is that all but the most die hard believers will go back to their normal lives and wake up eventually.
Go back to their "normal" lives? LOL. This is their "normal" --- or I should say, abnormal --- lives, and you can bet trump will keep whispering instructions in their ears from the time they get up until the time they go to sleep.

Trump changed the DNA of the Republican Party and much of the cellular structure of the country. Only an idiot would believe that the GOP is going to revert back to the meek and ineffectual type of Republicans who will just roll over any time the Democrats demand. Like I said, Trump was only the first wave, and we're only entering a brief period of intermission.

Remember the "shellacking" the Democrats got during the midterm elections of 2010? A repeat of that is coming up in two short years, followed by an even bigger surprise in 2024.

Enjoy your little four years of Kumbaya.
apparently you forgot

Of course, it was the Tea Party movement that caused the Democrat's massacre of 2010. Someone had to put the brakes on Obama's globalist agenda.

What are you talking about ? Libs who refuse to even look at news sources like Info Wars and News Max and seek to put Rush Limbaugh off the air through boycotts?

Why would ANYONE waste their time and eyeballs on a shit stain site like Info Wars? This site is run by the abortion that parroted Sandy Hook was a false flag. That and the fact his only goal is to sell the weak minded and faithful useless supplements and prepper garb. Newsmax is just the new hot and flashy darling child. They were next to nobody the week before the election. They only benefited because Fox called Arizona early for Biden and all their faithful ran like scalded dogs.
I have no feeling..or sympathy for Rush. He's made a good living off of division pimping. To me, he's nobody.

The reason I refuse to look at sources like these is because they aren't legitimate news or information sites. They are opinion and dog whistle sites designed to attract like minded lemmings, feed them slanted information, and then have them tell their friends about it. All without the benefit of fact checking, reason, or common sense. These sites and outlets warp objectivity over time so that all you're left with is the worst aspect and instincts of your nature.
Polishprince will never address the whole Sandy Hook thing and then try to make the silly argument that Infowars is a "news" site.

I hear what you're saying about the blob supporters. My advice is to point, laugh, and move on. In less than 4 years, many will cast a ballot for a swamp creature and totally disavow they ever supported the blob. They don't have the moral character (not to mention the intelligence) to stick to something on their own without a Pied Piper.

I suggest we worry about our own back yard. We have an incoming administration that has shown zero inclination to really changing the structure of government to make sure the next Trump doesn't do worse damage. The president has too much unchecked power--that is the lesson of the last four years. As for the "liberal" institutions...We do have a press that is largely acting as stenographers for the powerful. News and entertainment are melding in ways that are not good. We have almost no local news papers holding the local officials accountable. We have what I would call a sad understanding of what what the role of government SHOULD be, and what our responsibility as citizens are.

Where do we start? At the beginning. When a child is born, they have like a 1 in 4 chance of being born into poverty. Not having enough food. Not having enough support when it comes to education. Not having a chance to elevate so the cycle starts again. How do we address it? We need 2M new teachers every year. We need them in the inner cities. We need to get rid of our "need based" financial aid for education. You want to become a teacher...great. You get free education at a State U if you agree to work for the first seven years of your career in the inner cities and are teaching STEAM subjects. More teachers in the inner city can only work to help these kids. Next...we do the same thing with the trades. Does anyone think we would suffer from having another 300,000 (ea) welders, mechanics, electricians, nurses, stylists, repairpersons, heavy equipment operators, truck drivers, AC/Refrigeration techs....?

I personally would like to see mandatory service either in uniform or social services; a year before you're 25 (or waived if you're a new teacher). If, for no other fucking reason, to introduce you to people who are from a different walk of life. Its harder to hate someone when you have to live with them in a barracks or if you understand they have been shitted on their whole life. You just may "get it". And that is the overarching paradigm. Let the Government fund programs to remind us that we're all Americans and there is such a thing as the "greater good". Have you noticed that? In the last 4 years...when was the greater good ever mentioned? I'm glad Joe has talked about that--sort of. Somehow it always was tied to minority issues when he did...sad.

I can agree with your statement about Trump supporters. I have several in my family. The only thing that gives me pause is that I've noticed a dark turn since the virus outbreak and the closer we got to the election. They were just once oddities. Something to be laughed off and have you shake your head when they talk. But in the last year or so, I've noticed that a lot of these people actually believe the sauce that Trump is dishing. Climate, science, and virus deniers. Belief in alternative facts and conspiracy theories. People that I thought were somewhat normal before Trump, I look at and wonder...WTF??

I can get behind mandatory service, whether that's military or volunteer should be left up to the individual to choose. Not everyone is cut out for military service. But you should at least get the idea that being of service and giving back to your community is a noble cause. It develops empathy and understanding. I have always been about the efficiency of government and how it executes. Not obsessed over its size. Education, especially secondary education should be affordable, but not free. That's just my belief. Investing in public education should be automatic and not thought of as a waste in lieu of seeing that private, religious, and charter schools get money. That's just being exclusionary.

My plan for teachers does provide forgiveness of student debt if they teach in the inner city. For Trades it would be the reverse Social Security model. Instead of paying in over your work life and getting a "reward" at the end, you get the reward now (the education) and steady low price deductions are made over the next 20 years to pay it off

My plan for teachers does provide forgiveness of student debt if they teach in the inner city. For Trades it would be the reverse Social Security model. Instead of paying in over your work life and getting a "reward" at the end, you get the reward now (the education) and steady low price deductions are made over the next 20 years to pay it off

Suburban and rural taxpayers would get schlonged by your proposal. They'd have to pay a lot more in taxes to compete to hire quality teachers with the Urban Hell Hole jurisdictions. Those who own property in the inner cities would get a break.

Suburban and rural taxpayers would get schlonged by your proposal. They'd have to pay a lot more in taxes to compete to hire quality teachers with the Urban Hell Hole jurisdictions. Those who own property in the inner cities would get a break.

Not all teachers would take the forgiveness. So you're wrong.

That's right, they wouldn't take the forgiveness if the suburban districts raised their pay scales to attract them. And that would be paid by the property owners there. If the Hell Hole Cities want better teachers, why not raise their own taxes to compete.

That's right, they wouldn't take the forgiveness if the suburban districts raised their pay scales to attract them. And that would be paid by the property owners there. If the Hell Hole Cities want better teachers, why not raise their own taxes to compete.

You're, not surprisingly, missing the point. The point is to improve the outlook for kids in those cities. It's not the kid's fault they are born into poverty....is it?

You're, not surprisingly, missing the point. The point is to improve the outlook for kids in those cities. It's not the kid's fault they are born into poverty....is it?

And it is my point that your proposed policy wouldn't do that at all. It would just increase taxes in the suburban/rural districts. Further, the major super cities all have considerably more of a tax base than suburban areas, even if they have a lot of poverty plagued children. How much in taxes do you think the Sears Tower in Chicago pays? or the Empire State Bldg in NY? Plenty.

And it is my point that your proposed policy wouldn't do that at all. It would just increase taxes in the suburban/rural districts. Further, the major super cities all have considerably more of a tax base than suburban areas, even if they have a lot of poverty plagued children. How much in taxes do you think the Sears Tower in Chicago pays? or the Empire State Bldg in NY? Plenty.

You're making an assumption about taxes.

According to the writers of M.A.S.H., suicide is painless, if you do it right.

You're making an assumption about taxes.

So are you. You are assuming that the behavior of the school districts that would be losing Quality teachers wouldn't respond with higher taxes to outbid the inner city districts. Forgiveness of student loans is a financial benefit, add'l compensation.

Its my hypothesis that Middle Class Americans would rise to the challenge to retain good teachers for their children.

This entire argument is so similar to every other liberal argument. Libs think they can change one thing, but it won't affect other unrelated things. Like the idea to raise cigarette taxes sky high to pay for childrens health care. The assumption was that people would still smoke as much. But the high prices reduced the amount of taxes received and the other taxpayers have to pick up the tab.

Their incredulous attempt at legitimacy begs the question: must we, the sober and responsible adults accept lunacy as knowledge, cynicism as truth and the incredible as fact?

If they have their way, should we really reconsider the spherical shape of the world? The existence of U.F.O.s and aliens among us? That there is no gold in Ft. Knox and conspiracies as goofy as second shooters in Dealy Plaza, the malicious intent of vaccines and the existence of. a Deep State? Is Bigfoot a majority stockholder in Starbucks and was a massive conspiracy involving the Ghost of Hugo Chavez involved in the vote count?

Why should these irrational people lead us backward into their ignorance?

They tell us that the pandemic is a hoax. They say masks are an imposition and not a public health imperative. They claim the election is rigged, yet have no proof.

And they want to be taken seriously.

Why?

They tell us that the pandemic is a hoax. They say masks are an imposition and not a public health imperative. They claim the election is rigged, yet have no proof.

And they want to be taken seriously.

Why?

We've had mandatory masking in the Tremendous Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for 7 months and its been a complete failure. The virus is still being reported as more and more cases in both liberal and conservative towns. The masks are ineffective.

Forum List

Back