What band have you seen the most in concert??

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Unfortunately during my life I never took advantage and went to very few concerts when my fav 80s bands were in their prime

The band I have seen the most live

Def Leppard

Unfortunately during my life I never took advantage and went to very few concerts when my fav 80s bands were in their prime

Def Leppard
I saw them in '89. They played a coliseum in Biloxi, MS and Poison opened for them. To this day I still marvel at that one-armed drummer. What a show...
I've seen Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. I saw Black Sabbath in November of '78 and they had this new band that opened for them. Crude props on stage but the guitar... oh, my goodness. And there was this wild-ass lead singer with long blonde hair. That was my first exposure to Van Halen...

I think my first concert was in '75 and it was Ted Nugent and a band called Black Oak Arkansas.

Ted Nugent. I don't know how many times. He used to play at the Toledo Sports Arena pretty much every year around Thanksgiving.

I see you have class, and taste!
The first time I saw them was at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Md. It was after a baseball game and we got there late. They had just crashed the gate and the backup band, Grand Funk, was playing. So in addition to being great, it was free.

The first time I saw them was at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Md. It was after a baseball game and we got there late. They had just crashed the gate and the backup band, Grand Funk, was playing. So in addition to being great, it was free.

For me it was 1968 IIRC, New York's Singer Bowl (now gone I think) where they plaid a gig with The Doors. I took my girlfriend to see the Doors, but I fell in love with The Who! I had liked their radio stuff, but live they were on another level.

There only one I've seen more than once is Greg Kihn Band. Primarily because he was a long-time DJ here in San Jose, so he played a lot of gigs here, plus his help in Support-the-Troops concerts.

Def Leppard
Saw Def in 1989 with Queensryche in Atlanta Georgia with my brother..... retired Marine living in Hawaii now.

Growing up in Ohio in the 70s I saw a bunch of concerts ....the band that I saw the most was Rush 6 times between 1975 and 1988. Front row in 76 for the 2112 tour. Santana 3 times.

There are quite a few Rush fan clubs on Facebook, and 6 times is amateur status for Rush fans....... some of them have seen them fifty - a hundred times.

Last edited:
Ringo Starr twice, in 1996 and 1998, both times in Atlanta.
In 1996. I brought a video camera to the concert and filmed a significant part of it. I still have it.
By the way, I brought a camera to a Jerry Lee Lewis concert in 1998 and filmed about 12 minutes of the performance. The same thing happened at the John Fogerty (ССR) concert in the same year. Only there I was shooting for about 3 minutes, until the camera was taken away from me :) However, it was returned after the concert, so almost the whole song "Born on the bayou" was preserved.

Iron Maiden

Somewhere on Tour, Calgary Saddledome, Calgary, 1989
No Prayer on the Road, Hammersmith Odeon, London, 1990
No Prayer on the Road, Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, 1991

Last edited:

Forum List

Back