What Are You Specifically, As A Democrat, So Personally Sorry For Enough To Pay Reparations For Slavery?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
I have never owned a slave. I have never bought or sold anyone. I don't know anyone who has.

I don't know anyone who has been a slave. I don't know of anyone whose parents or gr
abdparents were slaves.

So who is California supposed to be paying reparations to?

I will meet Democrats half way. I totally support paying former slaves and / or their surviving immediate family the 30 acres (or whatever) and a mule they were promised when they were freed.

For every other black American citizen I offer this:

Unlike the Democrats, I promise NEVER to attempt to convince you that you are a VICTIM, that you aren't smart enough or capable enough to succeed on your own, and that you CAN'T succeed without the government doing everything for you and / or paying you reparations for something that ended generations ago.

I also promise not to engage in never-ending race-baiting, racial division, and fear-mongering. I will not ask you for money or especially ask for money then buy a mansion with it.

I will never call you an 'Uncle Tom' when you exercise your right to make your own decisions.

I will not say or do things to attempt to get your vote, will not claim to care about you and your families only at election time. like Democrats do.

I will not, however, agree to give a single minority group of Americans reparations for something neither they nor their families went through. especially when we are $30 trillion in debt.

Asking a Native American or asking Japanese Americans or their parents / grandparents - were put in internment camps during WWII - for some of their hard-working tax dollars to give to people that have been convinced they are victims who are OWED by everyone else is a slap in the face.

I have never owned a slave. I have never bought or sold anyone. I don't know anyone who has.

I don't know anyone who has been a slave. I don't know of anyone whose parents or gr
abdparents were slaves.

I will meet Democrats half way. I totally support paying former slaves and / or their surviving immediate family the 30 acres (or whatever) and a mule they were promised when they were freed.

Unlike the Democrats, I promise NEVER to attempt to convince you that you are a VICTIM, that you aren't smart enough or capable enough to succeed on your own, and that you CAN'T succeed without the government doing everything for you and / or paying you reparations for something that ended generations ago.

I also promise not to engage in never-ending race-baiting, racial division, and fear-mongering. I will not ask you for money or especially ask for money then buy a mansion with it.

I will never call you an 'Uncle Tom' when you exercise your right to make your own decisions.

I will not say or do things to attempt to get your vote, will not claim to care about you and your families only at election time. like Democrats do.

I will not, however, agree to give a single minority group of Americans reparations for something neither they nor their families went through. especially when we are $30 trillion in debt.

Asking a Native American or asking Japanese Americans or their parents / grandparents - were put in internment camps during WWII - for some of their hard-working tax dollars to give to people that have been convinced they are victims who are OWED by everyone else is a slap in the face.

No one cares

Japanese internment wasn't a private initiative. No Americans owned Japanese. The US government (on behalf of all Americans) interned Japanese and paid reparations
Paid reparations to the specific people who lost property. Not descendants.

According to California, Oprah Winfrey is going to get a bundle.

The US government legalized the importation and ownership of slaves.

Actually, not. State governments decided the legality of slave ownership. The federal government chose to leave that decision to the states.

You were not around when they interned the Japanese in the US but they got reparations, same with the native tribes.
The Japanese got a small payout for time immediate family served and lost value in something. Indians get paychecks every year and would collapse without them. I don’t think they deserve any more. So where do blacks belong here?

If the feds did it how were there slave states and non-slave states? Oh right, state issue. So why would California pay?
There were slaves in the North along with the South. California states that they recognize the wrong done and feels conciliatory to the grievance of redress petition.

Actually, not. State governments decided the legality of slave ownership. The federal government chose to leave that decision to the states.
Hardly with the 3/5ths agree which facilitated the condition of legalized slavery by the US govt.

The Japanese got a small payout for time immediate family served and lost value in something. Indians get paychecks every year and would collapse without them. I don’t think they deserve any more. So where do blacks belong here?
Forced servitude without compensations.

Reparations for Americans of Japanese descent did not happen 200 years after the fact. In 1988, Congress issued a formal apology and passed the Civil Liberties Act awarding $20,000 each to over 80,000 Japanese Americans as reparations for their treatment. The last Japanese internment camp closed in March 1946 that is 42 years between the time the last camp closed and the awarding of the peparations.

Hardly with the 3/5ths agree which facilitated the condition of legalized slavery by the US govt.

Forced servitude without compensations.

It didn't make slavery legal in non-slave states. It was a mechanism for producing proxy votes in existing slave states.

Slavery was a legal quagmire from the first day it came to our shores.

Unfortunately, the federal legislature never had the courage to resolve it.

abdparents were slaves.

I fully support leftists setting up a governmentally managed reparations fund with their own money.

Reparations for Americans of Japanese descent did not happen 200 years after the fact. In 1988, Congress issued a formal apology and passed the Civil Liberties Act awarding $20,000 each to over 80,000 Japanese Americans as reparations for their treatment. The last Japanese internment camp closed in March 1946 that is 42 years between the time the last camp closed and the awarding of the peparations.
Your point?

Forum List

Back