What Are You Specifically, As A Democrat, So Personally Sorry For Enough To Pay Reparations For Slavery?

I have never owned a slave. I have never bought or sold anyone. I don't know anyone who has.

I don't know anyone who has been a slave. I don't know of anyone whose parents or gr
abdparents were slaves.

So who is California supposed to be paying reparations to?

I will meet Democrats half way. I totally support paying former slaves and / or their surviving immediate family the 30 acres (or whatever) and a mule they were promised when they were freed.

For every other black American citizen I offer this:

Unlike the Democrats, I promise NEVER to attempt to convince you that you are a VICTIM, that you aren't smart enough or capable enough to succeed on your own, and that you CAN'T succeed without the government doing everything for you and / or paying you reparations for something that ended generations ago.

I also promise not to engage in never-ending race-baiting, racial division, and fear-mongering. I will not ask you for money or especially ask for money then buy a mansion with it.

I will never call you an 'Uncle Tom' when you exercise your right to make your own decisions.

I will not say or do things to attempt to get your vote, will not claim to care about you and your families only at election time. like Democrats do.

I will not, however, agree to give a single minority group of Americans reparations for something neither they nor their families went through. especially when we are $30 trillion in debt.

Asking a Native American or asking Japanese Americans or their parents / grandparents - were put in internment camps during WWII - for some of their hard-working tax dollars to give to people that have been convinced they are victims who are OWED by everyone else is a slap in the face.

Reparations are for more than slavery and we are in this debt because of the very racism you practice.

The opposition to black reparations is based on sheer racist hatred. Precedents have been set as other groups who have been harmed by the government have received reparations. As for the tired worn out excuse of why should I pay for something I did not do, here is a example of reparations made in modern times for things done by past generations:

I am quite sure no one living in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government made the Fort Laramie treaty with the Sioux Nation or were participants in Custers violation of that treaty. Nor were they alive when President Grant decided it was OK to let settlers and people prospecting for gold tresspass into land promised to the Sioux thereby violating the treaty. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to take the land from the Sioux by military force. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to cut off supplies they promised the Sioux as condition for their surrender after whipping the U.S. Army at The Battle of Little Bighorn. But in 1980, the government of the United States decided reparations were due to the Sioux Nation for what was done to them in the 1800’s. They awarded the Sioux nation 105 million dollars.

Reparations are for more than slavery and we are in this debt because of the very racism you practice.

The opposition to black reparations is based on sheer racist hatred. Precedents have been set as other groups who have been harmed by the government have received reparations. As for the tired worn out excuse of why should I pay for something I did not do, here is a example of reparations made in modern times for things done by past generations:

I am quite sure no one living in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government made the Fort Laramie treaty with the Sioux Nation or were participants in Custers violation of that treaty. Nor were they alive when President Grant decided it was OK to let settlers and people prospecting for gold tresspass into land promised to the Sioux thereby violating the treaty. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to take the land from the Sioux by military force. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to cut off supplies they promised the Sioux as condition for their surrender after whipping the U.S. Army at The Battle of Little Bighorn. But in 1980, the government of the United States decided reparations were due to the Sioux Nation for what was done to them in the 1800’s. They awarded the Sioux nation 105 million dollars.
LMAO! 105 million.

Because of dumbasses like yourself.

While I freely proclaim all slave owners were abject scum, I don't see the point of reparations in modern times.

Reparations for Americans of Japanese descent did not happen 200 years after the fact. In 1988, Congress issued a formal apology and passed the Civil Liberties Act awarding $20,000 each to over 80,000 Japanese Americans as reparations for their treatment. The last Japanese internment camp closed in March 1946 that is 42 years between the time the last camp closed and the awarding of the peparations.
Excuses. There was harm done after slavery and Native Americans are being given reparations for stuff happening around the same time.

How much do you think you’re owed? Per person who can prove in court they are direct descendants of slaves. How much?
Again we have human rights violations that happened way after slaveryy ended.

Forum List

Back