CDZ What are you "proud" of?

That's very kind of you to say. I think, for their sakes, I'd rather think of myself as, "Could do better" than, "Gosh, I'm wonderful", though.
Honestly, good parents have a right to be proud, maybe not “I’m wonderful” but, “I can’t believe I parented these awesome kids” … yet, you did! I have huge admiration for two groups of people: good teachers and good parents. And I see the results of both where I work.

Honestly, good parents have a right to be proud, maybe not “I’m wonderful” but, “I can’t believe I parented these awesome kids” … yet, you did! I have huge admiration for two groups of people: good teachers and good parents. And I see the results of both where I work.

Admittedly, I look at the parents in the neighborhood around me, and that's when I think, "Okay, I wasn't TOO bad." We have these two little old ladies who rent the apartment next door to mine, and they're friends of mine from church (total coincidence). They pay my boys to do chores for them, and the other kids in the neighborhood started asking if they could do chores for money, too. The ladies said fine, but they'd have to meet the kids' mother before they could allow them into the house. The kids AND the mom were completely confused at why the ladies insisted on that. I mean, WTH?! Who lets their kids wander into a total stranger's house, and without even knowing where they're going?

I am proud of being a patriotic American, though I am not proud to be an American since I had no choice in the matter.

I am proud of my son, who has accomplished a lot despite sharing the family-male trait of switching jobs every 6-12 months (drives me crazy).

I am proud that I chose to enlist and go to Vietnam rather than employing a lot of bullshit strategies to avoid the draft.

I am proud of graduating from college and law school after the Army, when few people actually do that (although everyone says they will).

I am proud of living a life characterized by middle-class values, although I don't claim to be a particularly virtuous person.

I am proud of my marriage of 49 years, fueled by a slow, rational selection of a spouse. When people congratulate me I am at a loss for a response since it hasn't been difficult (though trying at times).

I am proud of maintaining good physical condition and skill at "adult" sports throughout my adult life.

But more than any of that - sorry for the diversion from the point of the thread - I am HAPPY that my life has been blessed by all sorts of good things, which I did nothing to earn. White skin, good health, sound up-bringing, no serendipitous accidents or diseases, that sort of thing. The value of these things is incalculable and they are mostly just good fortune.

I believe everyone is a sinner, even / especially Christians. A church is a building full of sinners striving to be more Christ-like. We all fall short, which is why Jesus' sacrifice for us is so important.

That is the standard reply.

I wonder if people read your post on here, minus the couple where you proclaim your love for Jesus, if people would go "wow, that guy is a Christian for sure".

Can't handle the truth? Not my problem.

The truth is that Jesus said that we would know His followers by their actions/fruit.

It is my experience that on this (and other) forums those that are the loudest to proclaim their love of Jesus do not exhibit it in any of their other post. One should not need to tell anyone that they are a Christian, it should be obvious.

It's massively offensive for the poster to compare the DNC to the Nazi party
Is it personally offensive to YOU? If so, please describe your emotional reaction and why that should matter to anyone else.

If it is NOT personally offensive to you, please describe who you claim to be speaking for.

Do you view your actions and words as "Christ like"?

Do you?

I am proud that I chose to enlist and go to Vietnam rather than employing a lot of bullshit strategies to avoid the draft.

I'm not sure if I told you this already, but just in case I didn't as I can't say it enough anyways to veterans, thank you for your service. :)

No,.. (and I can't type anything else because it might be seen as a putdown)

Perhaps it is just me, but if one is going to proclaim their love for Jesus in one post, it seems that the rest of their post should have some reflection of that....do you not agree?

That is a cop out, an excuse to be a jerk for 99% of one's post and still claim to love Jesus.

Seems Paul addressed this...What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?

And Jesus Himself...You will recognize them by their fruits.

We're getting off topic and derailing the thread,.. but God is the only real judge so,..

Forum List

Back