CDZ What are you "proud" of?

I am very admiring of what good people my kids are. I don't have a sense of personal pride about it, because I honestly can't point to anything and say, "This is because I did THAT." My kids insist they see how I was a good mother, but I see it as me being lucky to have such naturally great kids.
My kids take pride in me (I am "legendary" among their friends). However, they were raised by their mother after our divorce, so they have a lot of 'her' in them, which hasn't served them well.

But what if you really are better than other people? I've been pretty morally upright and law-abiding, and I think I am far better than my junkie siblings who lied, cheated, stole and destroyed other people throughout their whole lives.

I am better than that. I am proud to be better than that.
I know what you mean. I've often thought about writing a book entitled,

"Why I Am So Much Better Than You Are."

I would detail why my lifestyle is the salvation of society, while theirs is the reason for most of our problems.

I think morals are a good thing.

Just find the guy with the swastika avatar bragging about his morals to be damn funny.

That you cannot see the irony of your post is not really my problem.
I don’t want to speak for someone else, but it’s pretty obvious that her avatar is a statement about the Democratic Party, do you see the donkey? It’s saying the Democrats are like Nazis. It’s against Nazism, not for it.

I don’t want to speak for someone else, but it’s pretty obvious that her avatar is a statement about the Democratic Party, do you see the donkey? It’s saying the Democrats are like Nazis. It’s against Nazism, not for it.

Yeah, that is is claim. I find it to be weak, to be polite.

Do you ever see a Christian sporting a pentagram to show they are against Satan worship?

Do you ever see a Jewish person sporting a cross to show they are against Christianity?

This from the person that said adultery was not an issue of honesty! :itsok:

1. I never said that you're twisting my words around as I was meaning that it wasn't related to honesty directly, it's a whole different issue even though it involves honesty to a point.

2. You're getting off topic. (As usual.)

1. I never said that you're twisting my words around as I was meaning that it wasn't related to honesty directly, it's a whole different issue even though it involves honesty to a point.

2. You're getting off topic. (As usual.)

1. you are not helping your case
2. You started this sweet cheeks. You choose to make a post attacking me, even though this is the clean debate zone. if you cannot stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

2. You started this sweet cheeks. You choose to make a post attacking me, even though this is the clean debate zone. if you cannot stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

I didn't swear or anything, I don't think we have to do hearts and violins in this thread, and you did the exact same thing Einstein.

I didn't swear or anything, I don't think we have to do hearts and violins in this thread, and you did the exact same thing Einstein.

I sure did, you start it I am more than happy to finish it.

What have you achieved in music?
Quite a bit. My current original band is about to record our 6th studio album. We have toured the country several times. We were also featured on a Vermont compilation called "Twists and Bends." On that album I was the only musician who did a track in one take and it needed no editing (got a standing ovation at the release party). I also have been in on a Rob Zombie type original band. I did 1 album with them. I did an album with a traditional country artist from Nashville. An older band opened for Deep purple, Blue Oyster Cult and Johnny Winter all in the same summer. I also did an album of Brazilian soul music. My proudest moment came about ten years ago. When I was in my 20's I used to see two musicians, brothers, play locally. They were without question the best musicians I had ever seen. Mother asked me if I thought I would ever be good enough to play with them. I said "no." Fast forward to today. I have now been their bass player for 10 years. The bad part is Mother died before she got to see me play with them. I have also met a lot of famous musicians. B. B. King, John Lee Hooker, Chuck Berry, Pat Metheny, folks like that. All in all I have been quite fortunate in music. Now I teach as well as write, record and perform.

Last edited:
Pride in ethnic heritage always seemed fake. Like you are trying to glom on to accomplishments of others, even if you are related.

I'm proud of my kids. The adults they became is a source of great pride.
Agree. I’m fascinated by ethnic heritage…but proud? :dunno: It isn’t an accomplishment but an accident of birth.

I guess I’m proud of running. I came to it late in life and actually stuck to it. But otherwise pride comes and goes.

The only pride I take into consideration is my hard work at the end of the day no matter my earnings…

I am proud of the fact I rescue animals and find them good homes…

Am I proud to be White?

My skin color matter not to me and if it should I would still be with that Serbian who thought Whites should be Whites but seeing my wife is Filipino, well there goes that I prefer white theory…

Pride is a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired. Pride is also listed as one of the Seven Deadly Sins in the Bible.

So what, if anything, are you proud of? Do you derive pleasure or satisfaction from your ancestors or ethnic heritage? If so, why? Where does pride fall on the continuum between gratefulness and arrogance? Or is it merely a defensive construct to mask our own insecurities and/or denigrate others?

Personally, I avoid the use of that term and am suspicious of those who do use it. What about you?

That I'm still alive?

I though I wouldn't make it past 16.

Two high school classmates are dead (at least), one from suicide, the other died as a firefighter being sent into a burning warehouse to look for people who weren't there.

I am very admiring of what good people my kids are. I don't have a sense of personal pride about it, because I honestly can't point to anything and say, "This is because I did THAT." My kids insist they see how I was a good mother, but I see it as me being lucky to have such naturally great kids.
I think you underrate yourself…good kids are often a reflection of good parenting imo.

Forum List

Back