CDZ What are you "proud" of?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Pride is a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired. Pride is also listed as one of the Seven Deadly Sins in the Bible.

So what, if anything, are you proud of? Do you derive pleasure or satisfaction from your ancestors or ethnic heritage? If so, why? Where does pride fall on the continuum between gratefulness and arrogance? Or is it merely a defensive construct to mask our own insecurities and/or denigrate others?

Personally, I avoid the use of that term and am suspicious of those who do use it. What about you?

Hard not to feel pride in one's accomplishments, as long as it doesn't go to your head (I know whereof I speak. Been there, done that). :(

1. Of my personal accomplishments.

2. My family, specifically father and mother both were very good people..

3. My cultural heritage(s).

4. My nation, ie America, the best nation in the history of the world.

1652716068634.png

I'm a fan of all seven

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Pride in ethnic heritage always seemed fake. Like you are trying to glom on to accomplishments of others, even if you are related.

I'm proud of my kids. The adults they became is a source of great pride.

My kid seems to be doing ok so far. Check back in 10 years.

Outside of my wife and kids I guess some simple things like my time in the Marine Corps or the marathons I have finished.

As was stated above no pride matches that of watching your children become amazing adults.

I'm right proud of how my kids turned out. They are doing better for themselves than I was at their age.

I might have went a bit too far with one as far as her right-leanings go. She's much farther to the right than I am.

LOL.....I told her the other day to "PUT THE OAN DOWN AND SLOWLY BACK AWAY". ;)

I'm right proud of how my kids turned out. They are doing better for themselves than I was at their age.

I might have went a bit too far with one as far as her right-leanings go. She's much farther to the right than I am.

LOL.....I told her the other day to "PUT THE OAN DOWN AND SLOWLY BACK AWAY". ;)
My kids are doing worse. I love them both but they have done little to make me proud (no thanks to their mother). :mad:

Last edited:
I am grateful for my family and the country I grew up in, but I don't take undue credit for whatever small contributions I have made. To me, telling family members that you are proud of them is more a complementary expression of affection than a statement of person pride.

I am grateful for my family and the country I grew up in, but I don't take undue credit for whatever small contributions I have made. To me, telling family members that you are proud of them is more a complementary expression of affection than a statement of person pride.

I am proud of my family and my country. IF someone wants to hear that and pretend that that is me claiming to be a founding father, they are welcome to play imagine games inside their head.

I am proud of my family and my country. IF someone wants to hear that and pretend that that is me claiming to be a founding father, they are welcome to play imagine games inside their head.
What about your "cultural heritage?" Do you take pride in that, too?

I'm proud I wasn't a short man.

I have to admit, that was and still is somewhat important.

A friend of a friend once said that he would happily trade....what was it?

20 points of iq for 6 inches in height? Something like that.

Pride is a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired. Pride is also listed as one of the Seven Deadly Sins in the Bible.

So what, if anything, are you proud of? Do you derive pleasure or satisfaction from your ancestors or ethnic heritage? If so, why? Where does pride fall on the continuum between gratefulness and arrogance? Or is it merely a defensive construct to mask our own insecurities and/or denigrate others?

Personally, I avoid the use of that term and am suspicious of those who do use it. What about you?

I am proud of my daughter. No matter how stupid the governments of the world have been, making the lives of children miserable, she has shined through it all.

Straight A student and will graduate college at 19.

Forum List

Back