What are you listening to?

Just listened to some fantastic new music by Tom Jones. He has a new album/cd out, and several videos. The album title escapes me at the moment, I believe it's something like Surrounded By Time. I also watched two prime Joe Satriani vids - "Flying In a Blue Dream", and "1980". Both worth checking out.

Hi (Chai) [Alive] - Ofra Haza

Eurovision Song Contest 1983; Rudi-Sedlmayer-Halle, Munich, West Germany; Saturday, April 23, 1983 - Ofra Haza representing Israel (Second Place, 136 Points)

While in West Germany preparing for her performance in the Eurovision Song Contest, Ofra and the rest of the Israeli group visited Dachau, the extermination camp of the Nazis. She met there an elderly Jewish couple from Israel who survived the Holocaust. "Are you Ofra Haza?" asked the husband. "I was a prisoner in this concentration camp and today I came here to visit for the first time since I was freed. We heard your song. On Saturday evening when you sing this song to all of Europe, remember what you see now." Ofra promised to remember.

Ofra and her group also visited the Olympic Village in Munich, where 11 Israeli athletes and coaches were slain during the 1972 Summer Olympics.

Forum List

Back