What are you buying now to beat inflation?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...or not buying because the price has already risen?

I've been wanting a hydraulic pipe bender from HF for a few years. Don't need it right now...but there are some future projects it would be handy for.

Was $99...then suddenly $129 and then $139.

Well...HF sent me a 25% off coupon...so I was like..that will be close enough to the $99 I once could purchase it for...so I checked the price (I had literally checked it no more than two weeks before)...and it's now $150.

A 50% increase is too much for me to dismiss. I have a 20 ton hydraulic jack...I'll make my own.

Anyone else having sticker shock...or trying to avoid it by buying something they might need in the future now?

1633719114203.png

I don't really need anything right now, I am not afraid to look on eBay for smaller items that can be shipped, or Facebook marketplace for items locally. If the price has risen on something I really need, I'll eat it and pay more for it. I always look for bargains, but since I can afford anything I need, then it's just being obstinate if I won't buy it because it now costs 25% more.

I've been wanting a hydraulic pipe bender from HF for a few years. Don't need it right now...but there are some future projects it would be handy for.

Well...HF sent me a 25% off coupon...so I was like..that will be close enough to the $99 I once could purchase it for...so I checked the price (I had literally checked it no more than two weeks before)...and it's now $150.

A 50% increase is too much for me to dismiss. I have a 20 ton hydraulic jack...I'll make my own.

Anyone else having sticker shock...or trying to avoid it by buying something they might need in the future now?

We bought a milling machine. Wanted to get one before they are outlawed (think about it), as well as a lathe and some other machine shop goodies. Reloading supplies, a wood stove, a generator and lots of fuel. We went nuts on a canned goods and meat—although the local selections of beef seem to be dwindling. If I was a dairy/cattle farmer I'd be locking up my livestock. In other news, looks like we'll be doing Christmas shopping early. Let the games begin . . .

Bought a new pair of my favorite boots at the Tractor Supply...still $100+/-...no problem there.

Took my old boots to be resoled...price jumped from $50 to $80. 😲

Can't pay $80 to resole $100 boots.

So...guess who's learning to resole boots...

Amazon product

Found a pipe bender on craigslist... like new...$65...

IMG_20220228_122435342_HDR.jpg

Good things come to those who wait... and watch.

Forum List

Back