What about the Proposed Jobs Bill do Repubs not like?

Cantor is unfortunately whistling in the wind on that one. Obama could no more act in a bipartisan manner and quit demonizing the GOP than he could sprout wings and fly to the moon.

True. I wonder how much support he'll give to any element of the Republican alternative

Senate Republicans, having rejected President Barack Obama's jobs bill, offered a sweeping and largely repackaged plan of their own on Thursday
Their "Jobs Through Growth Act" features a fresh call for tax reform and cuts as well as a number of components previously proposed, but stalled in the Democratic-led Senate.

They include steps to: require a balanced budget; repeal Obama's overhaul of the U.S. healthcare system; lift prohibitions on offshore energy exploration and promote U.S. trade.

Well I think it is a given that the media and the WH - and the Senate...will frame this as heartless, uncaring and all around un-American bill not worth looking at.

To the OP and the clowns in the first few posts.
The Democrats didn't allow a vote on it as they couldn't get enough Democrats who would stoop so low as to vote for yet another gargantuan waste of money.
The bill was doomed from day one...because it is not paid for, and all the jobs that it is supposed to create :)doubt:) are temporary in nature or city and state government jobs for cities and states that are already broke...and like above...would lay them back off as soon as the money ran out.

It is not a jobs bill...it is a "I hope this helps me get elected" bill.
This administration would not so much as blink an eye to spend a half $billion to help get re-elected.

Thank you, said much better than me.

Obama will spend as much tax payer money for his reelection as he can.

Likewise.

Just another pile of taxpayer money down the drain.

Hell. His Dems wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Hope and change my ass

Cantor is unfortunately whistling in the wind on that one. Obama could no more act in a bipartisan manner and quit demonizing the GOP than he could sprout wings and fly to the moon.

True. I wonder how much support he'll give to any element of the Republican alternative

Senate Republicans, having rejected President Barack Obama's jobs bill, offered a sweeping and largely repackaged plan of their own on Thursday
Their "Jobs Through Growth Act" features a fresh call for tax reform and cuts as well as a number of components previously proposed, but stalled in the Democratic-led Senate.

They include steps to: require a balanced budget; repeal Obama's overhaul of the U.S. healthcare system; lift prohibitions on offshore energy exploration and promote U.S. trade.

Well I think it is a given that the media and the WH - and the Senate...will frame this as heartless, uncaring and all around un-American bill not worth looking at.

Yep. It will just be another bill that the House sent up the the Senate.

It will sit there and gather dust like all the others.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering what the objections are to the dems proposed Jobs bill? It's deficit neutral and seems to be designed to make an impact immediately.

Jobs Bill Overview

So, I was wondering which parts, specifically, those who are against it have the biggest issue with.

what is deficit neutral about it? exactly?

I'm just wondering what the objections are to the dems proposed Jobs bill? It's deficit neutral and seems to be designed to make an impact immediately.

Jobs Bill Overview

So, I was wondering which parts, specifically, those who are against it have the biggest issue with.

it does not adsdress the reason there is a slow down in hiring by the private sector.

It gives people temporary jobs that are, in essence, paid for by the taxpayer.....and gets them off of unemployment that is paid for by the taxpayer.

SO yes, it will create temporary jobs but does nothing to address the issue of permanent jobs.

The GOP does not want another temporary fix.....the GOP does not want to experience what Japan did during the lost decade.

The GOP sees it as I see it....if we addressed the real issue 2 years ago, we would have not spent 850 billion dollars AND unemployment would have been at much better numbers by now.

I dont like he is using its for teachers, police ect when the first one was supposed to do that and it did not work. I have no beefs about helping those professions out but if it did not help the first time why should I believe it will help this time. And I am tired of the class warfare that he is saying. Tax the rich

• Expanding access to high-speed wireless as part of a plan for freeing up the nation’s spectrum

what exactly does that ^^^^^ mean? how much will it cost???? and why is it in the "jobs" bill?

it includes a tax cut for low- and middle-income folks, and it includes a tax cut for small businesses.

These are, of course, completely unacceptable until a Republican takes office.

You know what? Tax cut on payroll and ss is fine but can't you see that down the road SS is going to be in even worse straits than it is now cause the payments into it are being deferred by these "tax cuts"..

Jobs Bill Overview

what is deficit neutral about it? exactly?

It has a whole other meaning to these guys.
Deficit neutral to them means increasing debt now and saying that it is paid for by some obscure savings that will "happen over the next 10 years".

it includes a tax cut for low- and middle-income folks, and it includes a tax cut for small businesses.

COme on 8537...you dont fall for that rhetoric...do you?

The GOP appreciates those tax cuts....but they are useless if you take from the small businesses with other things...such as regulatioons that are unecessary.

And what will be a small business....you are aware, I am sure, how S-corps work....like my company.....my revenue is not nearly the same as my "take home"......

But I wont even get into that right now.,

Tax cuts today only to pass the buck to someone else that has the balls to cut spending and raise taxes if needed later.

Obama, the tax cutting big spender, just like his hero Bush.

I wonder, after 4 years will Obama have ended a single war that he ran off doing back in 2008? Maybe Iraq will be small enough that Obama can take credit for it right before people vote. Then again, he might expand it if he wins, can you honestly tell me that is not a possibility, lol?

You know what? Tax cut on payroll and ss is fine but can't you see that down the road SS is going to be in even worse straits than it is now cause the payments into it are being deferred by these "tax cuts"..
sure, that's true of any cut. it just so happens that a payroll tax cut is the most efficient way to reach the broadest segment of the population, plus it aids employers.

Haven't we already printed a gazillion $$ and thrown it down sinkholes like Solyndra, SunPower, etc. only to see the economy further tank?

Enough already.

:lol:Only partly! We're having fun here, Jarhead.
The GOP appreciates those tax cuts....but they are useless if you take from the small businesses with other things...such as regulatioons that are unecessary.

No, I would say they are helpful regardless of any other changes that might offset them. The regulations etc....exist regardless of whether the payroll tax is cut, so businesses are made better off by the tax cut.

sure, that's true of any cut. it just so happens that a payroll tax cut is the most efficient way to reach the broadest segment of the population, plus it aids employers.

Well then cut it, on it's own... What part of that do you all of a sudden not agree with? Why does something you are defending now not become worth it unless Obama spends half a Trillion more with that cut?

You claim the cut is do, many agree so do it, press Obama to do the things we agree on, not hold up everything so he can get 100% of everything he wants but claim "well you guys agree with 10% of it." Pass what there is 100% support for.

Jobs Bill Overview

Adding nearly 500 billion dollars to the federal budget is not revenue neutral.
Nevertheless. Government cannot magically create employment in the private sector by simply throwing ( which the government does not have to spend) at the issue.
Just as with stimulus one and two, Obama's plan will go to fund union jobs and government services which in the past simply delayed the inevitable layoffs of public workers.
The main problem is Obama refuses to accept spending cuts if he does not get tax increases. Many democrats are balking and even flat out refusing to vote for a tax increase when they know their jobs are on the line. Obama however is conveniently ignoring that fact. Yesterday and today, Obama is campaigning, using TAXPAYER DOLLARS, across North Carolina pitching his jobs bill and blaming ONLY republicans for it's lack of support. This guy thinks we are all stupid.
These and other reasons are causing the bill to be broken up into pieces for further legislative examination.
Bottom line, this bill goes nowhere because government cannot create private sector jobs by spending gobs of money.
The Obama regime should cut it's losses.

:lol:Only partly! We're having fun here, Jarhead.

No, I would say they are helpful regardless of any other changes that might offset them. The regulations etc....exist regardless of whether the payroll tax is cut, so businesses are made better off by the tax cut.

yes...made better off....but that does not mean "able to expand".....putting a little more money in the pocket of the business owner is not what will prompt them to expand. Allowing the business owner the comfort of knowing that new regulations will not be levied on him will most certainly allow him to plan his future....It is not a cash issue for the business owners nearly as much as it is the inability to properly forecast.

Remember...we are looking to create jobs....not put a little more money in the pockets of the owners of companies

Tax cuts today only to pass the buck to someone else that has the balls to cut spending and raise taxes if needed later.

Are you opposed to tax cuts?

Tax cuts mixed with massive spending yes. Just pass the cuts if you really believe in them. Pass the spending on its own if you really believe in that. Obama needs to stop playing politics by claiming he is giving others what they want so that he can demand they give him Trillions in spending.

Forum List

Back