WH Brags That “No One Has Been Required To Pay A Single Dime Of Student Loans” Under Biden

This is more complicated than that.
The government stupidly and recklessly encourage people who have no business going to college - to go to college.
Then when they predictably are flunking out - the government strongly encourage colleges to keep them anyway, and keep encouraging them to keep going by not only loaning them the money... but also loaning them room and board on top of that!
A stupid 18 year old is not capable of thinking ahead. They scientifically are not capable of critical decision making yet.
The problem - is the government applauding themselves for loaning and giving out $billions in grants KNOWINGLY to kids who have, at best, a 10% chance of graduating.

Your taxes (which Leftards want to raise) at work.

President DeSantis will make them pay back interest and start confiscating their property for non payment. They signed the loan papers, time to become an adult.

My neighbor, who voted for Trump, has huge student loan debt. She took out the loan to pay her mortgage for the time she had to go to prison for multiple drunk drivings. Anyways, she isn't paying her loans off and that was before Biden got into office. Yet she just purchased a 6000 quad and a $2000 Ebike.

They need to pay their student loans off. If not now, take it out of their social security. If they were set to retire at 65, make it 70. Or however long it takes to recoup the principle. Not the interest. Fuck the interest.

This is more complicated than that.
The government stupidly and recklessly encourage people who have no business going to college - to go to college.
Then when they predictably are flunking out - the government strongly encourage colleges to keep them anyway, and keep encouraging them to keep going by not only loaning them the money... but also loaning them room and board on top of that!
A stupid 18 year old is not capable of thinking ahead. They scientifically are not capable of critical decision making yet.
The problem - is the government applauding themselves for loaning and giving out $billions in grants KNOWINGLY to kids who have, at best, a 10% chance of graduating.

You and your government would have said I had "no business" going to college. 7 years later I got my degree and then I got a job in corporate America that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. And I make $100K. I'd be making $40K right now if you were in charge back when I was 18.

not pay back student loans? GOODY!!!!!
Can I get a refund on the ones I have already
paid? no? NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!
My brother wrote a scathing letter to our MI politicians asking them to explain to me and my brother how we did all that hard work and paid off all our loans. What do you say to two suckers like us who did everything right?

It's stories like this that make me want Republicans to get back in power. Cut them off! Make them pay! Lock her up! ERR..

You and your government would have said I had "no business" going to college. 7 years later I got my degree and then I got a job in corporate America that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. And I make $100K. I'd be making $40K right now if you were in charge back when I was 18.
Yeah... that is not what I said.
At all.
I said - they stupidly encourage people who have no business going to college to keep going to college anyway despite they are flunking.
If you got your degree - you wasn't flunking was you?

My neighbor, who voted for Trump, has huge student loan debt. She took out the loan to pay her mortgage for the time she had to go to prison for multiple drunk drivings. Anyways, she isn't paying her loans off and that was before Biden got into office. Yet she just purchased a 6000 quad and a $2000 Ebike.

They need to pay their student loans off. If not now, take it out of their social security. If they were set to retire at 65, make it 70. Or however long it takes to recoup the principle. Not the interest. Fuck the interest.
College is about preparing you for the real world.
Make them pay 22% interest.

My brother wrote a scathing letter to our MI politicians asking them to explain to me and my brother how we did all that hard work and paid off all our loans. What do you say to two suckers like us who did everything right?

It's stories like this that make me want Republicans to get back in power. Cut them off! Make them pay! Lock her up! ERR..
ok I vote REFUND for you too. sign me
registered albeit ROGUE democrat

Yeah... that is not what I said.
At all.
I said - they stupidly encourage people who have no business going to college to keep going to college anyway despite they are flunking.
If you got your degree - you wasn't flunking was you?

Actually, the first semester I got all C's and 1 C-. What is that GPA? IT's a 1.9999. So I was flunking. I was on academic probation.

It's not up to the government. It's up to the school to either keep taking my money or kick me out. Perhaps the student loan program has to be tweeked if they allow people who are failing to continue taking out student loans for failing grades.

So I quickly googled this to find out you are talking out of your asshole

Failing a class or withdrawing from classes does not absolve you of your duty to pay back your loan, and it can also impact your eligibility to continue to receive federal student aid. You need to make satisfactory academic progress in order to continue receiving federal student aid.

ok I vote REFUND for you too. sign me
registered albeit ROGUE democrat
I want my money back with interest. I paid $5000 a year in the 90's. Let's say 30 years ago. How much with interest would my investment have made?

I did the calculator. They owe me $50,000.

But wait! If they give us all that money, wouldn't it cause inflation just like the stimulus checks? Don't bother. It will just raise the cost of everything and interest.

They signed the loan papers, time to become an adult.

Unmanly Mandate

College is for teenagers who are afraid to grow up. Until this unmotivating and unproductive indentured servitude is replaced by highly paid professional training, there's no hope for America's economic future.

I challenge your plutocratic Masters to just loan their brats' the tuition money and give them no money to live on. If they knew anything about logic, that's what they force our thinking on when they deflect to "It's all about tuition."

Forum List

Back