We've Detected Gravitational Waves, So What?

But, continue to be a member of the flat earth society if that's what floats your boat.

flat earth? Nice try? were did I wrote That? O that's right I didn;t!

What are the properties of space?

And just blindly following and parroting the pied piper?

Dark matter is what most of the universe is theorized to be made up of, and we can't see it.

I suppose that you think space is nothing more than a vacuum, much like the place between your ears.

But, continue to be a member of the flat earth society if that's what floats your boat.

flat earth? Nice try? were did I wrote That? O that's right I didn;t!

What are the properties of space?

And just blindly following and parroting the pied piper?

Dark matter is what most of the universe is theorized to be made up of, and we can't see it.

I suppose that you think space is nothing more than a vacuum, much like the place between your ears.

Wow! Only an Ad Hominem! Nice!

Can't do better?

So, in actuality you have no clue what the properties of space are?

Figures.

screwball.jpg

You know, now that gravity can be observed, we might be able to figure out how to harness it.

Flying saucers in another 150 years y'all!

Not gravity for flying saucers or space travel. We've learned that gravity is a bend in spacetime. It isn't a force like what Newton thought. Newton's law of gravity still holds for computations on Earth and the universe, but it isn't 100% accurate. Close enough for most calculations.

What else is out there? Electromagnetism which is another long-range force and is stronger than gravity. Space is also make up of mostly plasma or ionized gases to use to propel against.

Gravity would be for time travel since it has to do with spacetime and how it bends spacetime at some point so that light slows down and can't escape and time slows down and comes to a standstill, i.e. the event horizon.

gravity doesn't bend 'space-time' at all!

space-time is a META physical concept, and 'space' can't 'bend'

by definition,

Furtermore 'gravitation' is a myth!

Now, I am not saying thing go 'down' when they fall, they do,

but NOT because of 'gravity', which is a myth,.

by definition,

But it is not the metaphysical space that is in question here. The question is what you get when you measure the shortest distance between 2 points in space. And surprisingly, the results disagree with the intuitive Euclidean distance.

In regards to gravity, we are still in just the stage of mathematically describing the results of gravity, and observing it affects, with no real explanation of what it really is. Kind of like where we were in biology before DNA and genetics, or geology before tectonic theory.

by definition,

But it is not the metaphysical space that is in question here. The question is what you get when you measure the shortest distance between 2 points in space. And surprisingly, the results disagree with the intuitive Euclidean distance.

Nope, space can't bend at all.

by definition,

Nope, space can't bend at all.
Yes it can. :nana: :naaa: :nana:
Your turn.

In regards to gravity, we are still in just the stage of mathematically describing the results of gravity, and observing it affects, with no real explanation of what it really is. Kind of like where we were in biology before DNA and genetics, or geology before tectonic theory.
It buffles people, because it is non-polar, and people need to expect opposites. There is a corresponding theory of the magnetic monopole, which is even more bizarre.

Hey Dude! I would show you I can surf these waves on my hoverboard but it blew up yesterday. Bummer man.

Shit like this makes me want to see what tech will be like in a thousand years.
Assuming we're still here.
This is the problem. Yes people will be here, and as prophecized, death will run away from them. Imagine eternal slavery. Now we know why God was so angry about that apple knowledge sharing biting serpentine thing.

There must be a sale on nuts somewhere.

because??

btw you never explain your shite!
Obligationlaunch is just a troll

The OP is a troll.

I just took a moment to look at the threads he has created- and they are just stupid science trolling
"The planets are all hollow"
"Moon Landings were a hoax"
"Evolution is false"
now he just claims 'gravity is a myth'

He just is a science troll for some bizarre reason.

Forum List

Back