We're doomed. Over half of people under 45 would quit their job to become a "social media influencer".

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I saw a documentary on tik tok last night. It is frightening how addicted young people are to that platform. If you have young kids it would be a really good idea to see what they are doing and what tik tok is pushing AT THEM based on tik tok profiling algorithms. The idea that nearly half of young people think babbling into a phone and filming yourself is the ideal job should scare everyone.

Well, marketing is where most of the sociology degrees go so....

You can make money as content creator but not a lot. Not the best job but it is easy.

I saw a documentary on tik tok last night. It is frightening how addicted young people are to that platform. If you have young kids it would be a really good idea to see what they are doing and what tik tok is pushing AT THEM based on tik tok profiling algorithms. The idea that nearly half of young people think babbling into a phone and filming yourself is the ideal job should scare everyone.

Nah, they will die of starvation and the reasonable people will be left.

Win/win.

Think of it like trying to be a guitar God, or an NFL quarterback. The cream of the crop will rise to the top, while the vast majority will fall by the wayside. I scroll my TikTok feed once every morning, so I don't think that you have anything to worry about.

That's capitalism bro...why do you hate the free market?

What are you people going on about?

j7989i_GIF-123.gif

Over 65 here.

That is so weird…when I first read about “influencer” being an occupation….I thought WTH!

"would quit", not "will quit".
Many people would quit their job to take a perceived easier and higher paid job, they don't because you can't have more than the market can handle.

YOU watched a Tictok documentary bitching about kids USING TICKTOK????

Little help please.... and don't lie, if YOU thought you could make more money being an influencer you would do it to.

Derp

Forum List

Back