Wendys stupidity

Mr.Nick said:
I live across the street from a Wendys restaurant, they close their doors early despite their lying ass commercials. To make a log story short they will not serve me if I walk though the drive thru lane.
Ya i took my bike @ taco bell drive thru once and they wouldnt serve me either :D

Pretty stupid passing up business!!

I live across the street from a Wendys restaurant, they close their doors early despite their lying ass commercials. To make a log story short they will not serve me if I walk though the drive thru lane.

So if I want burgers I have to get in my car and drive across the street.

They said its because someone my rob them if they open the window.... I said "the window is already fucking open and I'm not robbing you"

I hate people......

Sounds like you hate private businesses deciding what to do with their property to me.

Maybe you should take your business elsewhere and shut your whining burger-hole.

There are also safety issues. Maybe your mother didn't tell you this but its dangerous to play in the road. What do you think a DRIVE through is for?

Last edited:

They said its because someone my rob them if they open the window.... I said "the window is already fucking open and I'm not robbing you"

I hate people......

Sounds like you hate private businesses deciding what to do with their property to me.

Maybe you should take your business elsewhere and shut your whining burger-hole.

There are also safety issues. Maybe your mother didn't tell you this but its dangerous to play in the road. What do you think a DRIVE through is for?

:eusa_eh: You're an angry man, aren't you?

What I don't get is: If you can walk over and walk through the drive through, then why do you have to drive over to walk through the fron door? :cuckoo:
Fast food joints are staffed by idiots that couldn't qualify to be meatheads or cops but the " Just doing my job sir" mentality is still there. Once they reach management status they might be able to hire on at Wackenhut.

I hate people......
My guess is, it's an insurance issue.......If you get plowed over while they are serving you in the DRIVE THROUGH LANE, they would be liable.

Also, as we have here, there are laws that say you cannot serve foot traffic through a drive through lane, as a precaution against armed robbery, and the safety issue.

And, there commercials say, DRIVE THROUGH open till whatever.......So, that should tell ya' what's up right there.

I hate people......

First off moron, it says in the commercial not all locations are open late... Second, every drive thru has the policy. Go ask the drive thru people at Taco Bell etc.

If you want a burger plan ahead, and walk into the lobby.

WOW,this is an old thread,but I wanted to comment on Wendy's and could't find any kind of forums whatsoever on the internet devoted to them. This is the only conversation going anywhere on the web I am aware of which only further fuels my own suspicions of this restaurant chain.
But don't want to sound too nutty so basically i am just curious why just about every other Wendy's you come across has that big "Now Hiring" sign stuck in the ground out front?? Even moreso in the high unemployment area i live in. Not sure what it's like outside of big city areas,but one would think in smaller towns would even more jobs. Makes you wonder what they are doing with all those collected applications and S.S. #'s,and having all those spanish speaking workers...hmmmmm?
Anyway,to at least be somewhat relevant to the thread,I am not familiiar with there late-night policies,other than them probably getting a lot of weirdos coming in the drive thru,so there guard is probably already up. Besides,why does anyone think they have the right to act suspicious when no one else can get away with it. Kind of like me protesting that i should be able to wear a bandana over my mouth whenever i come in to order.
And as much as I really don't care for the fast food industry on the whole,once you read some of the kinds of people who give all the bad reviews of some of them on google,etc.,then it makes you wonder if the lousy drive thru workers are actually more congenial than the patrons?
BTW--what's up with their job apps anyway...you can barely fit in the proper info in certain sections. almost like they are wanting you to get creative in filling it out?

Last edited:
Wow. I've read a lot of shit in this thread all over the fact that some bozo can't walk to the drive-up window and order a hamburger. My head is spinning. I'm speechless.

Fauxfoe44 said:
WOW,this is an old thread,but I wanted to comment on Wendy's and could't find any kind of forums whatsoever on the internet devoted to them. This is the only conversation going anywhere on the web I am aware of which only further fuels my own suspicions of this restaurant chain.
Welcome my friend!!

I mi$$ the superbar wendys used to have....... I loved it!! (That thick speghetti,etc)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I hate people......

Its called a drive thru for a reason. Its not a walk through.

I hate people......

No wonder people are so fat and diabetic.

(A) This is 100% a liability issue. If some driver drives up to the window and runs you over, you will sue WENDY's mainly, and also the driver of the car, and WENDY's will be primarily liable for creating a situation that any normal person would consider extremely dangerous. This could even be construed by a jury as GROSSLY negligent, thus resulting in punitive damages. They would be crazy to serve a pedestrian at the drive thru.

(B) Could you phone in your order? Since you appear to be a regular customer, you could phone in your order and have them deliver it to you at the front door. Promise to have correct change in hand. I would wager the restaurant manager would be happy to accommodate you.

Fauxfoe44 said:
Welcome my friend!!

I mi$$ the superbar wendys used to have....... I loved it!! (That thick speghetti,etc)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Yeah, their super bar was great. I recall making my own tacos in their Mexican Fiesta section.

Forum List

Back