Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

We took the 89 year old mother in law to dinner. I had the 2 walleye plate dinner. Mashy taters, gravy, peas. I dumped the peas on top of the tater/gravy deal. Roll with butter and a Pepsi to cleanse the pallet. The Pepsi had a delicate bouquet, slighty rosey with a nummy afternose.

Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

A hot 20 year old.

araceli_gonzalez_41.jpg

Or a tuna casserole...... I don't remember.......

Cup of pejibaye ( peach palm) soup. Avocado, red bell pepper and red onion salad with olive oil.
Cornish hens with a mango cayenne sauce(from my freezer, mango is out of season now) done on the Showtime, baked sweet taters, green beans.
Yep. All grown here.

Tonight is old fashioned pot roast that has been slow cooking most of the day with the broth to be thickened ever so slightly and served over stewed potatoes, carrots, onions, and of course the meat with a fresh salad on the side. One of the world's easiest meals to do and fortunately Hombre's favorite. :)

Do you brown your pot roast before slow cooking?

This evening I am attending a benefit six course dinner. The restaurand closes for regular business. There are 50 of us who attend these private dinners. The setting is open kitchen so that we may watch and learn from the chef as he prepares. It is alot of fun, the food is excellent and throughout the evening money is raised to benefit a specific family(s). The last dinner a new refrigerator, 20 pairs of shoes, and a water cistern were gifted. Aside from the entry fee, which is incredibly cheap @ $55 USD, there are raffles throughout the evening. One of the prizes is to have the chef come to your home and prepare a six course meal for 10.

Tonight's menu is Surf & Turf; each plate has a complimentary side dish and a wine pairing.

Lobster
King Crab
Prime Rib
Mussels
????

Needless to say, a light salad and some fruit will be all that I consume until then!

:razz:

Last edited:
We're grilling NY strips and asparagus, and then adding accompaniments of green salad and an Acme Bakery Herb Slab (with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping).

Banana Smoothie and half a slice of chicken/bacon ranch pizza.

Forum List

Back