Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

My daughter cooked her first stir-fry, all by herself (with coaching, but without help) with garlic, ginger, shrimp, bok choy, chinese cabbage, broccoli, onion, and carrots. And it was delicious.

My daughter cooked her first stir-fry, all by herself (with coaching, but without help) with garlic, ginger, shrimp, bok choy, chinese cabbage, broccoli, onion, and carrots. And it was delicious.

Sounds delicious, I had chicken and shrimp that I cooked on the grill with white rice, salad and pico de gallo, and of course Colt 45.

Tonight, Greek burgers served in pita bread with Tzatziki sauce, garden fresh tomato and ice berg lettuce; a fresh fruit salad (berry's, black, rasberry and stawberry, melon).

Greek burgers are made with 1/2 lb. ground beef and 1/2 lb ground lamb mixed with feta cheese; grilled medium rare (to 145 degrees) and rested under foil for five minutes).

Tonight, Greek burgers served in pita bread with Tzatziki sauce, garden fresh tomato and ice berg lettuce; a fresh fruit salad (berry's, black, rasberry and stawberry, melon).

Greek burgers are made with 1/2 lb. ground beef and 1/2 lb ground lamb mixed with feta cheese; grilled medium rare (to 145 degrees) and rested under foil for five minutes).

I LOVE Greek cuisine!:razz:

I think tonight will be an old family favorite recipe 'mustgo.'

Everything in the fridge that Must Go. Corny I know, but in the family for generations.

:tongue:

We have one of those at least once a week. Now I have a name for it. Thanks Kiki. :)

The trick is to run the words together quickly so that it sounds foreign and exotic! :lol:

Cooking right now...

Mole de olla

Broth:
3 kilos beef shank
garlic
epazote

Paste:
Raosted chile ancho
Roasted chile pasilla
Roasted tomatoes
onion
garlic

Vegetables:
corn
green beans
chayote
carrots

one big pot goodness. i wish i could send you all a bowl!

Am also cooking a chicken for stock.

Last edited:
I'm still thinking about what to have for dinner, but I have to think fast. It's only 2 hours away.

I know, I was browsing through old fb photos looking for a quilt picture, and came across this:

stewkb.jpg

That was back in September, it was venison stew, and it was KILLER. I still remember it!

I know, I was browsing through old fb photos looking for a quilt picture, and came across this:

stewkb.jpg

That was back in September, it was venison stew, and it was KILLER. I still remember it!

ok, now thats just gorgeous and mean...i'm too hot, grace doesn't know what she wants, mr. H is suffering empty nest syndrome and you whip out a venison stew.

...pass a fork baba! :lol:

Tonight is old fashioned pot roast that has been slow cooking most of the day with the broth to be thickened ever so slightly and served over stewed potatoes, carrots, onions, and of course the meat with a fresh salad on the side. One of the world's easiest meals to do and fortunately Hombre's favorite. :)

Daughter's away at arts (ballet) camp for 3 weeks and we're at a total loss when it comes to cooking for two. Is this what retirement w/be like? Oof.

:) You catch on to it pretty quickly. It is what it will be like when the all the kids leave for college even, long before retirement. When the kids were home there were usually extra kids in the house, and I learned to adjust with sometimes rapidly changing numbers of people who would be fed. But learning to buy and cook for just two was a bigger challenge. We now have it down to an art. We can both cook for one too. He'll do that. I usually won't. :)

Forum List

Back