Welfare

buckeye45_73

Lakhota's my *****
Jun 4, 2011
If you're on welfare why cant you

Have a job?

How are you supposed to get out of the situation when you cant do anything productive?

Last edited:
There aren't enough jobs around for people who want to work much less those who don't.

India too, and Mexico.

Actually, a good many of those jobs shipped to Mexico after NAFTA have since moved on to even lower wage places like China, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

Even the Mexican's are feeling the effects of the global economy.

Gonna have to say that not all people on Welfare are moochers. I'm not saying that there aren't any, but it is unfair to lump them all together thusly.

Last edited:
Welfare is an entitlement program that is based on #1, income, and #2, deprivation.

If you have a job that approaches part time status, you are probably over the income standard for tanf. Tanf is not dependent upon whether your bills outpace your income..it is not meant to supplement income for people who have accrued more debt than they can manage, or who live in a home that is beyond their means. Tanf is meant to stave off homelessness for a short period of time (and still may not pay all the rent) until you can support yourself again.

If you meet the income standard (and ALL income is counted...yes child support and unemployment count as income) then you also have to have children in the home, and there has to be deprivation. In a one-parent household, the deprivation is continued absence of a parent; either because the parents are split or one is in prison or dead.

Two parent households have to meet the income standard, have children in the home and must meet underemployment deprivation. This means that nobody has left a productive job in the last 120 days, and nobody is eligible to receive unemployment.

Tanf recipients must look for work and provide verification of their job searches. If they go a certain time without getting a job, they may be required to volunteer their services with an approved employer, in order to gain job skills and widen their circle of reference.

People who don't understand how these programs work probably shouldn't opine about them.

India too, and Mexico.

The company I work for used to have a company in Juarez Mexico....until it got too dangerous to stay there. We also had a company in India, until they realized how stupid most of them were that were working for us. We now have a company in China....which at first I wondered how that would work. Such low pay, and the quality of their work was iffy. I'm a Quality Engineering Tech and i get all the parts approved by our customers. At first I had all kinds of problems with China, but now their products look and perform better than our own. And for little pay. I'm not saying I like it, but I do see why they do it.

Welfare is an entitlement program that is based on #1, income, and #2, deprivation.

If you have a job that approaches part time status, you are probably over the income standard for tanf. Tanf is not dependent upon whether your bills outpace your income..it is not meant to supplement income for people who have accrued more debt than they can manage, or who live in a home that is beyond their means. Tanf is meant to stave off homelessness for a short period of time (and still may not pay all the rent) until you can support yourself again.

If you meet the income standard (and ALL income is counted...yes child support and unemployment count as income) then you also have to have children in the home, and there has to be deprivation. In a one-parent household, the deprivation is continued absence of a parent; either because the parents are split or one is in prison or dead.

Two parent households have to meet the income standard, have children in the home and must meet underemployment deprivation. This means that nobody has left a productive job in the last 120 days, and nobody is eligible to receive unemployment.

Tanf recipients must look for work and provide verification of their job searches. If they go a certain time without getting a job, they may be required to volunteer their services with an approved employer, in order to gain job skills and widen their circle of reference.

People who don't understand how these programs work probably shouldn't opine about them.

"FACTS? We doan need no stinkin' facts!"

It's far preferable to just be outraged over the perception.

Yeah, well, most tanf recipients at some point get dinked because they can't even bring themselves to make 10 job contacts a week, or volunteer 8 hours a week at Goodwill.

They don't want to work THAT MUCH.

There aren't enough jobs around for people who want to work much less those who don't.

There is good jobs availible just depends if you want to move and have a skill. Even low paying jobs are avalible just look at the net boards. I have moved like four times in four different states in the past 10 years {due to personal reasons } and always found a job with in a few weeks at $10 dollars or so, untill I got hired on at a job I that I was trained to do.

Yeah, well, most tanf recipients at some point get dinked because they can't even bring themselves to make 10 job contacts a week, or volunteer 8 hours a week at Goodwill.

They don't want to work THAT MUCH.

Lemme see the proof of that statement.

Actually there are people on welfare who are employed, the jobs just don't pay alot.

I have been asking this question alot in the political forum world what came 1st: "liberal living wage" jobs at sam the butcher or floyd the barber shops or low paying jobs at the mega stores? the thing is I think we did it to ourselfs, we wanted low cost goods and we got what we asked for, low cost goods, but we got what we didnt bargin for: low paying jobs.

Forum List

Back