Welfare Was Great...Until Blacks Started Getting It.

Yep, that's what I said.

Aid to Families with Dependent Children was established by the Social Security Act of 1935 to enable states to provide cash welfare payments for needy children whose father or mother was absent from the home, incapacitated, deceased, or unemployed.

It was a program that was initially only given to whites. For 30 years this was done with no complaints from whites. In those days white women were encouraged to stay home and not work. If no man was there this program took care of white mothers without jobs.

How racism has shaped welfare policy in America since 1935

Alma CartenAugust 21, 2016

The ADC was an extension of the state-operated mothers’ pension programs, where white widows were the primary beneficiaries. The criteria for eligibility and need were state-determined, so blacks continued to be barred from full participation because the country operated under the “separate but equal” doctrine adopted by the Supreme Court in 1896.

Jim Crow Laws and the separate but equal doctrine resulted in the creation of a two-track service delivery system in both law and custom, one for whites and one for blacks that were anything but equal.

America Is Brutal to Parents. Biden Is Trying to Change That.
April 29, 2021
MICHELLE GOLDBERG

The original Aid to Dependent Children program — which would become Aid to Families With Dependent Children — began during the New Deal. It was meant, as the Supreme Court described it in 1975, “to free widowed and divorced mothers from the necessity of working, so that they could remain home to supervise their children.”

Eligibility was determined by states and localities, which found various ways to exclude Black women. With the civil rights revolution in the 1960s, however, more Black mothers were able to receive benefits. As they did, conservatives started demonizing “welfare mothers” as indolent Black women, even though there continued to be more white women than Black women on A.F.D.C.

In “The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together,” Heather McGhee detailed how support for public goods collapsed among white people once Black people had access to them. This very much includes relief for parents and children.

“The fear of lazy Black mothers who would reproduce without working goes really deep in this country,” McGhee told me. It’s hard to imagine how a proposal for automatic cash payments to families could have gone anywhere during decades of moral panic about Black mothers luxuriating on the dole.

Nobody has made this parent's life as miserable as has Lazy Stupid Biden
As for Blacks , I count a whole host of Blacks from Frederick Douglass on that sat it is the POISON of Black Society
Star Parker's testimony before Congress is available on the Web.She joins Walter Williams, Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell and a host of other Black public intellectuals in decrying the terrible effects of welfare on Blacks

Parker supports cuts to welfare claiming that welfare has become like a government plantation, which creates a situation where those who accept the invitation switch mindsets from "How do I take care of myself?" to "What do I have to do to stay on the plantation?" She believes stable families and strong moral values are the key to ending poverty

Stable families have been decimated by welfare.
THOMAS SOWELL
Nearly a hundred years of the supposed “legacy of slavery” found most black children [78%] being raised in two-parent families in 1960. But thirty years after the liberal welfare state found the great majority of black children being raised by a single parent [66%]

I agree with some of Trump's proposals, but I oppose his tax cuts for the rich, and I am disgusted by his personality and character.
Well of course. I agree with a lot of what Trump says too. Often when one side is in power, the other side finds flaws in the armor and they go after those things.

Brilliant to make illegals an issue. But he's not sincere. He himself is an illegal employer. He'll play wack a mole not go after illegal employers which is what needs. to be done.

I remember candidate Trump in 2015 says billionaires like him will see tax increases. That made him different than all the other republicans. I liked that. He didn't do that but it sounded good.

Drain the swamp? He filled it.

Stop spending money being the leaders of the free world? Trump led a lot of missions in the middle east. Kept it very quiet in the news. Didn't talk about it. Certainly not transparent.

Yemen's Houthis vow strong response after new US strike​

Stop helping Ukraine? Boy that didn't take long. Putin wins I guess.

He also said Bush lied us into Iraq. I liked him for saying that. Republicans experience Cognitive Dissonance when I bring it up. He didn't just say it in 2008. When asked again as a candidate for the GOP nominee said bluntly, they lied. Then Republicans voted for him not Jeb. So deep down, they know Bush lied us into Iraq. Trump had the balls to say it.

Nobody has made this parent's life as miserable as has Lazy Stupid Biden
As for Blacks , I count a whole host of Blacks from Frederick Douglass on that sat it is the POISON of Black Society
Star Parker's testimony before Congress is available on the Web.She joins Walter Williams, Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell and a host of other Black public intellectuals in decrying the terrible effects of welfare on Blacks

Parker supports cuts to welfare claiming that welfare has become like a government plantation, which creates a situation where those who accept the invitation switch mindsets from "How do I take care of myself?" to "What do I have to do to stay on the plantation?" She believes stable families and strong moral values are the key to ending poverty

Stable families have been decimated by welfare.
THOMAS SOWELL
Nearly a hundred years of the supposed “legacy of slavery” found most black children [78%] being raised in two-parent families in 1960. But thirty years after the liberal welfare state found the great majority of black children being raised by a single parent [66%]

The survey found that 66 percent of Black American respondents approve of the job President Biden has done, while 34 percent believe his policies have helped their demographic. Biden made racial justice a major component of his 2020 campaign.

Unmarried mothers and their illegitimate children should receive no help from the government. The welfare system encourages big parasites to give birth to little parasites who grow up to be just as useless and dangerous as their unmarried parents.
That goes for all races.

Yep, that's what I said.

Aid to Families with Dependent Children was established by the Social Security Act of 1935 to enable states to provide cash welfare payments for needy children whose father or mother was absent from the home, incapacitated, deceased, or unemployed.

It was a program that was initially only given to whites. For 30 years this was done with no complaints from whites. In those days white women were encouraged to stay home and not work. If no man was there this program took care of white mothers without jobs.

How racism has shaped welfare policy in America since 1935

Alma CartenAugust 21, 2016

The ADC was an extension of the state-operated mothers’ pension programs, where white widows were the primary beneficiaries. The criteria for eligibility and need were state-determined, so blacks continued to be barred from full participation because the country operated under the “separate but equal” doctrine adopted by the Supreme Court in 1896.

Jim Crow Laws and the separate but equal doctrine resulted in the creation of a two-track service delivery system in both law and custom, one for whites and one for blacks that were anything but equal.

America Is Brutal to Parents. Biden Is Trying to Change That.
April 29, 2021
MICHELLE GOLDBERG

The original Aid to Dependent Children program — which would become Aid to Families With Dependent Children — began during the New Deal. It was meant, as the Supreme Court described it in 1975, “to free widowed and divorced mothers from the necessity of working, so that they could remain home to supervise their children.”

Eligibility was determined by states and localities, which found various ways to exclude Black women. With the civil rights revolution in the 1960s, however, more Black mothers were able to receive benefits. As they did, conservatives started demonizing “welfare mothers” as indolent Black women, even though there continued to be more white women than Black women on A.F.D.C.

In “The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together,” Heather McGhee detailed how support for public goods collapsed among white people once Black people had access to them. This very much includes relief for parents and children.

“The fear of lazy Black mothers who would reproduce without working goes really deep in this country,” McGhee told me. It’s hard to imagine how a proposal for automatic cash payments to families could have gone anywhere during decades of moral panic about Black mothers luxuriating on the dole.

You know how Republicans are saying us liberals are too soft on crime and repeat offenders get out and murder again? I bet they didn't mind letting out murderers after 20 years before blacks started murdering. After the 60 riots when blacks were fed up. Just like welfare, whites were the ones who came up with letting murderers out after 20 years. A long time ago they came up with this. So why now do they hate letting murderers out? Could it be because today a lot of them are black?

I've been seeing a lot of shows where the white murderer gets 20 years or less for their murders. Yesterday I heard one where the 3rd guy just got probation.

You know how Republicans are saying us liberals are too soft on crime and repeat offenders get out and murder again? I bet they didn't mind letting out murderers after 20 years before blacks started murdering. After the 60 riots when blacks were fed up. Just like welfare, whites were the ones who came up with letting murderers out after 20 years. A long time ago they came up with this. So why now do they hate letting murderers out? Could it be because today a lot of them are black?

I've been seeing a lot of shows where the white murderer gets 20 years or less for their murders. Yesterday I heard one where the 3rd guy just got probation.
retard post. Most black crime goes unpunished as well as white crime. DA's backed by the left don't prosecute much and when they do they bargain away all the firearms crimes.

retard post. Most black crime goes unpunished as well as white crime. DA's backed by the left don't prosecute much and when they do they bargain away all the firearms crimes.
You want most murderers executed right? And most murders in the black community are gang members killing other gang members, right? So most people being murdered in the black community are murderers. Murderers murdering murderers.

You want most murderers executed right? And most murders in the black community are gang members killing other gang members, right? So most people being murdered in the black community are murderers. Murderers murdering murderers.
No I want firearms laws enforced and not bargained away and I want repeat offenders held longer and punished more not released early with a wrist slap.

Forum List

Back