Holmbergs Mistake

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Holmbergs mistake is one basis upon which white supremacy is built. For those who always want to deny racism using that sad trifling argument of this is in the past we have seen example after example of Holmbergs mistake in the posts coming from the racist whites in this forum.

What was Holmbergs mistake?

During the early 1940’s, Allan R. Holmberg, a doctoral student, lived among the Sirionó tribe in the Beni. Holmberg reported them to be “among the most culturally backward peoples of the world.” The mistake Holmberg made was to assume that these people had always lived this way, that their way of life had remained unchanged from primitive times, and that they were essentially a people who had “no real history.”

In reality, the Sirionó of the Beni were the remnants of a tribe that had flourished in this region before smallpox and influenza arrived in their villages in the 1920’s. More interesting, their ancestors were not only much more numerous but had left evidence of a highly developed culture that built cities and developed the lands of the Beni for agriculture.

But Holmberg was not the first.

Bartholomew of Las Casas, who explored with Columbus, made the same mistake in the 1500's in his book" Apologetica Historia Sumaria."

This same mistake was made wih Africans but not by Holmberg. The simple fact here is that whites were not and never have been, the only race on earth who created things or had so called advanced civilizations. This is an error racists here believe to this very day.

Holmbergs mistake is one basis upon which white supremacy is built. For those who always want to deny racism using that sad trifling argument of this is in the past we have seen example after example of Holmbergs mistake in the posts coming from the racist whites in this forum.

What was Holmbergs mistake?

During the early 1940’s, Allan R. Holmberg, a doctoral student, lived among the Sirionó tribe in the Beni. Holmberg reported them to be “among the most culturally backward peoples of the world.” The mistake Holmberg made was to assume that these people had always lived this way, that their way of life had remained unchanged from primitive times, and that they were essentially a people who had “no real history.”

In reality, the Sirionó of the Beni were the remnants of a tribe that had flourished in this region before smallpox and influenza arrived in their villages in the 1920’s. More interesting, their ancestors were not only much more numerous but had left evidence of a highly developed culture that built cities and developed the lands of the Beni for agriculture.

But Holmberg was not the first.

Bartholomew of Las Casas, who explored with Columbus, made the same mistake in the 1500's in his book" Apologetica Historia Sumaria."

This same mistake was made wih Africans but not by Holmberg. The simple fact here is that whites were not and never have been, the only race on earth who created things or had so called advanced civilizations. This is an error racists here believe to this very day.
Yea, I’m sure all the White Supremacists are going to lower their heads in shame, saying “gosh, Holmberg was wrong about the Siriono Tribe, so we’ve been wrong this whole time”.

Whoever said that "whites were the only people to have created things or had the only advanced civilization?!"
Algebra wasn't a white creation, it came out of Babylonia/Persia.
While Europe was in the Dark Ages, China and Japan were more advanced.
Inventions and discoveries haven't been limited to whites.
However, that doesn't negate that the things that have been created by white inventors, have improved lives immensely.
First manned balloon flight.....Jacques Charles, France.
First fixed-wing aircraft.....Wright Brothers, United States.
First automobile (steam).....Nicolas Cugnot, France.
First electric light bulb.....Thomas Edison, United States (however, a black man improved the filament).
First Antibiotic (Penicillin).....Sir Alexander Fleming, England.
First Anesthetic for surgery.....Dr. Crawford Long. United States.
First device we consider a computer.....Charles Babbage, England.
First Air-Conditioning System.....Willis Carrier, United States.
First Phonograph.....Thomas Edison, United States.
First Telephone.....Alexander Graham Bell, United States.
First Camera as we know them.....Joseph Niepce, France.
While all of these great inventions were invented by whites, they don't negate that non-whites also made excellent inventions, such as Alice Parker, a black woman who invented the central home heating system, so that our homes are warmed uniformly. There are plenty of other non-white inventors, but we have become so accustomed to the use of all those things that I listed, that people don't think about the contributions that non-white inventors made for society.
So, it's not a racist thing, it's just that the main inventions, PC's, cars, planes, heating, cooling, et cetera, are in our face on a daily basis.
So, just sit back and enjoy the marvelous inventions made by all those that did invent them, regardless of racial or ethnic heritage.
Our society today is more divided than we ever were, with the exception of the Civil War, and we need to stop screaming, racism! racism! racism! Every time we turn around. It's losing its impact.
In fact, it's used so much now, that it's become just a yawning moment when someone yells, "racist."

the only race on earth who created things or had so called advanced civilizations.
Three points... first, your assumption of knowing the heart of other people is sheer arrogance, and second, in the short time I've been on this site, I've seen FAR more racist dogma and hate expressed by yourself and Marc ATL than by anyone else. No doubt you feel totally justified in your stances and it isn't my place to deny you that right. The problem with your tendency to express such hate is that those you seem to blame for racism feel equally justified in expressing their hate against blacks or Jews with just as much self-righteous fervor as you.
Finally, I tend to judge "advanced" civilizations by their contributions to science and technology.
I'll freely admit to being no kind of expert on African contributions in these areas but if care to share some examples, I'll gladly learn from you.

Whoever said that "whites were the only people to have created things or had the only advanced civilization?!"
However, that doesn't negate that the things that have been created by white inventors, have improved lives immensely.
First electric light bulb.....Thomas Edison, United States (however, a black man improved the filament).
While all of these great inventions were invented by whites, they don't negate that non-whites also made excellent inventions, such as Alice Parker, a black woman who invented the central home heating system, so that our homes are warmed uniformly. There are plenty of other non-white inventors, but we have become so accustomed to the use of all those things that I listed, that people don't think about the contributions that non-white inventors made for society.
So, it's not a racist thing, it's just that the main inventions, PC's, cars, planes, heating, cooling, et cetera, are in our face on a daily basis.
So, just sit back and enjoy the marvelous inventions made by all those that did invent them, regardless of racial or ethnic heritage.
Our society today is more divided than we ever were, with the exception of the Civil War, and we need to stop screaming, racism! racism! racism! Every time we turn around. It's losing its impact.
In fact, it's used so much now, that it's become just a yawning moment when someone yells, "racist."
oH BROTHER...Alice Parkers designed was never used...........and whats more it was simply calling for the use of natural gas instead coal/firewood.

We would be a lot better off celebrating the present and encouraging the future than criticizing the past.
All humans made terrible mistakes that can only be redeemed by learning from and avoiding repetition.

We would be a lot better off celebrating the present and encouraging the future than criticizing the past.
All humans made terrible mistakes that can only be redeemed by learning from and avoiding repetition.
I get tired of whites talking about not tooking to the past then talking about the constitution that was ratified 230 years ago. Evaluating the past is how you prevent repeating the same mistake

the only race on earth who created things or had so called advanced civilizations.
Three points... first, your assumption of knowing the heart of other people is sheer arrogance, and second, in the short time I've been on this site, I've seen FAR more racist dogma and hate expressed by yourself and Marc ATL than by anyone else. No doubt you feel totally justified in your stances and it isn't my place to deny you that right. The problem with your tendency to express such hate is that those you seem to blame for racism feel equally justified in expressing their hate against blacks or Jews with just as much self-righteous fervor as you.
Finally, I tend to judge "advanced" civilizations by their contributions to science and technology.
I'll freely admit to being no kind of expert on African contributions in these areas but if care to share some examples, I'll gladly learn from you.
Shut the fuck up. I read your racist rants and they are obvious. You haven't seen me express anything but the truth. Same with Marc. But you can't handle the truth becsuse it busts yourbubble of white supremacy.

You are rather inaccurate their junior.

They built cities like Paris, or Amsterdam? Wow that is awesome lol.

Mexico City in 1500 was the largest city in the Americas and Europe, and the cleanest.

Mexico City in 1500 was the largest city in the Americas and Europe, and the cleanest.
The population of Tenochtitlan was about the same as Paris or Naples. Last time I checked Mexico isn't part of Africa.

The population of Tenochtitlan was about the same as Paris or Naples. Last time I checked Mexico isn't part of Africa.
Immaterial. We are talking about third-world populations, and, no, Mexico City was much larger than Paris or Naples or London.

Immaterial. We are talking about third-world populations, and, no, Mexico City was much larger than Paris or Naples or London.
No the op posted about Benin people in Africa. This is not about what would become Mexico or Mexico City. There was no 3rd World concept in 1500 either. And you are wrong about the population. It was about the same as multiple European cities, and Constantinople. Beijing was probably the largest, Cairo would have been large also.

Didn't Mexico have some sort of slave sacrifice thing going about that epoch?

Forum List

Back