Welfare, not in the state of Texas

all the republicans are on board and they don't care if the children have food or not.

they just pretend about the fetus in the womb.

all the republicans are on board and they don't care if the children have food or not.

they just pretend about the fetus in the womb.
How many children starve to death annually in this country? Go look it up.

mac and cheese don't cut it.

Says you!

crab_macncheese_4.jpg

I'll take this as your admission that people aren't actually starving in Texas.
Millions of working Americans don’t know where their next meal is coming from. We sent three photographers to explore hunger in three very different parts of the United States, each giving different faces to the same statistic: One-sixth of Americans don’t have enough food to eat.

On a gold-gray morning in Mitchell County, Iowa, Christina Dreier sends her son, Keagan, to school without breakfast. He is three years old, barrel-chested, and stubborn, and usually refuses to eat the free meal he qualifies for at preschool. Faced with a dwindling pantry, Dreier has decided to try some tough love: If she sends Keagan to school hungry, maybe he’ll eat the free breakfast, which will leave more food at home for lunch.

Dreier knows her gambit might backfire, and it does. Keagan ignores the school breakfast on offer and is so hungry by lunchtime that Dreier picks through the dregs of her freezer in hopes of filling him and his little sister up. She shakes the last seven chicken nuggets onto a battered baking sheet, adds the remnants of a bag of Tater Tots and a couple of hot dogs from the fridge, and slides it all into the oven. She’s gone through most of the food she got last week from a local food pantry; her own lunch will be the bits of potato left on the kids’ plates. “I eat lunch if there’s enough,” she says. “But the kids are the most important. They have to eat first.”

Chances are good that if you picture what hunger looks like, you don’t summon an image of someone like Christina Dreier: white, married, clothed, and housed, even a bit overweight. The image of hunger in America today differs markedly from Depression-era images of the gaunt-faced unemployed scavenging for food on urban streets. “This is not your grandmother’s hunger,” says Janet Poppendieck, a sociologist at the City University of New York. “Today more working people and their families are hungry because wages have declined.”

In the state of Texas, there are almost 4 million poor people, by one recent count, but apparently few are penniless enough to meet the Lone Star State’s qualifications for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
To qualify for TANF in Texas, a single caretaker with two children must have less than $1,000 in assets and bring in less than $188 per month
snip

Texas, one of four states that denied at least 90 percent of its 2020 TANF applicants, had the lowest approval rate in the nation, approving only 7 percent.
snip
This is former President Bill Clinton’s conservative-appeasing welfare reform in action: Individual states, which were given the power to set their own rules for distributing welfare dollars, denying the poor life-sustaining help by drawing up the rules in a way that excludes most people who need help.

----------------------------------------
see what I mean, they could care less about the kids once they are born. It's only the fetuses in the womb they pretend like they care about.

----------------------------------------
States also have the flexibility to set their own benefit levels. TANF benefit levels are low and do not enable families to meet their basic needs. In every state, the maximum TANF benefit leaves a family of three below 60 percent of the federal poverty line. In more than one-third of states, it leaves a family of three below just 20 percent of the poverty line. States have not reinvested the savings from the steep caseload declines under TANF in raising benefit levels. In most states, benefits have dropped by at least 20 percent in inflation-adjusted terms since 1996.
--------------------------------------------
See what I mean, they just starve the kids.

FIRST and FOREMOST - It was a NECESSITY that Texas change its welfare system, because of all the illegals the DementiacRats keep allowing to slither into our country and leech off our systems meant for OUR native born citizens.

Secondly - It was also necessary to change the welfare system in Texas to keep the welfare leeches from draining it dry. They still find ways to do it, but it's a lot more difficult for them than it used to be.

Third - WE DO NOT FORCE PEOPLE TO HAVE CHILDREN THEY CANNOT TAKE CARE OF!!! THAT IS ALL THIER FUKTARDED STUPIDITY, NOT THE CITIZENS OF TEXAS!!! IT IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CONSTANTLY TAKE CARE OF KIDS THAT HAD NO BUSINESS BEING BORN!!! Place the BLAME where it BELONGS...........on the BRAIN DEAD BREEDERS!
And being a Texan, I can tell you for a FACT that 75-85% of these kids were born AS WELFARE BABIES....TO DRAIN THE SYSTEM!!!!

Fourth - I can also tell you for a fact, that the welfare rules, regulations, and laws were changed decades ago for these reasons......which incorporates just about anybody looking for state assistance. Unfortunately, the state didn't do enough in the way of seeing it takes care of all the LEGITIMATE applicants, while filtering out all the liars, cheats, and frauds, as they just made blanket policies across the board.

This works, but only to a certain extent. If you don't know how to "work" the application process in your favor, then you will get denied. I've learned that the hard way, as I've had to apply for assistance a couple of times in my life.

And yes, even in Texas, just like the government part of the welfare system, it's all based on the old color chart.............blacks get it first, then single illegal mothers, then webacks, then Asians, then the other colors, and lastly.......the "whites".

Also unfortunately, no part of any government office......state or federal........cares to fine tune these rules, regulations, and laws to fit the problems more effectively and rationally. They are too lazy. As long as they are getting fed our tax dollars like prized winning hogs.........they are fat and happy and don't give a shit about anything else. I don't care WHAT political party they are in.

Prove it, dumbshit. Show the stats..post the links that show most of the poor in Texas applying for TANF are illegals.
Of course, you can't.

Sadly your kind of stupid ain't special at all.
What you've done to this country the last year you GD widget maker

Without RedStates this country would be in ruins you butt fuckig stupid waste of flesh

I'll take this as your admission that people aren't actually starving in Texas.

Luckily in this state, there are enough food banks, and donation centers of all types, all kinds, in all areas that can give you what you need. The problem is, these people are LAZY. You literally have to work at getting out and going to these places, IN PERSON, on a daily or weekly basis in order to get anything. And these lazy fucks would rather just starve and whine about it, than get off their fat asses and go get something.......even if it's free.

There it is, ladies and gents!
Once again every time minimum wage is discussed the "burger flipper" card gets played.
Did you know there are lots of minimum wage jobs that don't involve fast food?
Hey stupid retarded MF. About 70% of those jobs are high achool and college kids. I understand why you work at the Shake Shack

Luckily in this state, there are enough food banks, and donation centers of all types, all kinds, in all areas that can give you what you need. The problem is, these people are LAZY. You literally have to work at getting out and going to these places, IN PERSON, on a daily or weekly basis in order to get anything. And these lazy fucks would rather just starve and whine about it, than get off their fat asses and go get something.......even if it's free.
They want it delivered by Door Dash

The stupidity of this country is astounding. They did a helluva job gettin there

There it is, ladies and gents!
Once again every time minimum wage is discussed the "burger flipper" card gets played.
Did you know there are lots of minimum wage jobs that don't involve fast food?
No there isn't.
Even Walmart pays well over min, wage
McDonalds is anywhere between $10 - $15 an hour depending on location.

Forum List

Back